Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Nergal back in the hospital

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Dave Mustaine: "Well, no. I mean, the ones that I did that I'm not doing anymore that to me is just wrong is SEX PISTOLS' 'Anarchy' 'cause it says I'm an anti-Christ. I'm not really anti anybody so I had to kind of take a look at that. You know, I mean, I am sure if I wanted to I could do 'Black Friday' or 'The Conjuring' because they don't really mean anything anymore, because the lyrics from 'Bad Omen' I had to jumble up because it was a bona fide hex, so it was kind of like gobbledygook, unless you get lucky and you know something about witchcraft you're not going to be able to deduce what that spell is. And 'Black Friday', you know, it's just gratuitous violence which, that's cool to a point, but there's so many death metal fans that do it better than I did."

2005 interview
    probably doesnt want to play "Go To Hell" either...

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MysteriousMysterious Posts: 941 salt miner
    Maybe he's a fan of ironic humor?
    Like Will and his ICP shirts?
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    I wonder how he's holding up.
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Adam "Nergal" Darski, the 33-year-old leukemia-stricken guitarist/vocalist of the Polish extreme metal act BEHEMOTH, made his first public appearance earlier this week since undergoing a bone marrow transplant procedure.

Photos of Nergal's February 28, 2011 visit to the Musicollective music school in Gdansk, Poland can be found at the Musicollective Facebook page. They are also available on the Musicollective.pl web site.

In a statement released in January, Nergal said about his recovery, "Although the whole treatment went really good, as well as the bone marrow transplant and the post-transplant period, the next several months is the time when I must really take care of myself. Of course, I will have plenty of time to recover, think about the strategy and my return to the stage — which approaches imminently. (laughs) First of all, however, I must rebuild my physical condition."

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Adam "Nergal" Darski, the 33-year-old leukemia-stricken guitarist/vocalist of the Polish extreme metal act BEHEMOTH, made his first public appearance earlier this week since undergoing a bone marrow transplant procedure.

Photos of Nergal's February 28, 2011 visit to the Musicollective music school in Gdansk, Poland can be found at the Musicollective Facebook page. They are also available on the Musicollective.pl web site.

In a statement released in January, Nergal said about his recovery, "Although the whole treatment went really good, as well as the bone marrow transplant and the post-transplant period, the next several months is the time when I must really take care of myself. Of course, I will have plenty of time to recover, think about the strategy and my return to the stage — which approaches imminently. (laughs) First of all, however, I must rebuild my physical condition."

I really hope he's gettin better. It would be awesome to see them next year
    Thanks, Razor. I couldn't post the pic from work.
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    Not a problem. :D
    imageimage
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Here's hoping for a speedy recovery [-O<
    I love winning with women
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Wow it hard to tell that's him because of the beanie, sunglasse and part beard. It's weird not seeing him all metal'd out
    He probably had some hair loss during his treatments.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    even if he does recover fully, hell be on haiatus for while to recover his strength
    imageimage
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I think his hair is short now and I'm sure he did have some hair loss
    imageimage
    He could also go into remission for years. I've got two cousins with leukemia. One passed away from it when she was 12 and her older sister is still around. She's just turned 50 and has had it for at least 35 years. It all depends on the quality of treatment and how well he responds. Cancer fucking sux.
    so when you go into remission, its not completely gone out of your body?
    imageimage
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    It means there's no trace of active cancer in the body, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's gone.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    but the cancer is still there?
    kinda like mono or herps?
    imageimage
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited March 2011
    It can be temporary or permanent. Some cancers can come back after years of remission, others are gone for good. So to answer your question, it may not be there at the present time, but it can come back.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage