Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Ozzfest 2011 possibilities?

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ^ that's exactly how I see it. I don't really see Slipknot and System as gateway bands because I still listen to them. They got me into other bands but all bands make you discover new bands. I discovered Nile through Behemoth and Death Angel through Megadeth and Slayer, etc etc etc
    Metallica was one of my gateway bands, and they are still one of my favorites.

I don't consider Slipknot a gateway band because I never liked any other similar bands, like Mudvayne, Korn, etc, and I don't like them anymore
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo

don't hate on this shit cuz these kept me alive at mayhem last year. i bought no drinks that day, was just hitting these in between sets
    This stuff kept me from eating all day. Saved me loads of money
    ^ that's exactly how I see it. I don't really see Slipknot and System as gateway bands because I still listen to them. They got me into other bands but all bands make you discover new bands. I discovered Nile through Behemoth and Death Angel through Megadeth and Slayer, etc etc etc
    Metallica was one of my gateway bands, and they are still one of my favorites.

I don't consider Slipknot a gateway band because I never liked any other similar bands, like Mudvayne, Korn, etc, and I don't like them anymore
    Then for you I see Metallica as not a gateway band and Slipknot as a band you just used to like
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    What saved me was during hatebreeds set like right before they went on one of the security guards started passing out what looked like giant monster cans... the turned out to be cold water.. i grabbed two of them and kept them on the other side of the rail and grabbed em when i needed em... if it wasnt for that shit i wouldnt of been able to be on the rail for their whole set while I was on crutches
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies

don't hate on this shit cuz these kept me alive at mayhem last year. i bought no drinks that day, was just hitting these in between sets
    It makes me gag
    imageimage
    I can only imagine what that tastes like.....even tangier lemonade

:0&
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    It tastes like highly unsweetened, bitter ass lemonade. One of the worst drinks I've had
    imageimage
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    i didnt think the lemonade was too bad, just the after taste. so if you just chug the whole can you only have to deal with the after taste once
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Gateway bands are just band that opened you to a new range of music. It doesn't matter if you still like them or not, that's just what a gateway band is. My first metal gateway bands for me were in middle school and freshman year of high school: (in order) Disturbed, Metallica, Slipknot, Bullet For My Valentine, Killswitch Engage, and Lamb of God. Lamb of God was the band that got me used to deep guttural vocals. Ever since then, my tastes have spiderwebbed immensely.
    ^ if you consider that the definition of gateway bands, then practically every band is a gateway band.
    Not necessarily.

A wide range.
    What saved me was during hatebreeds set like right before they went on one of the security guards started passing out what looked like giant monster cans... the turned out to be cold water.. i grabbed two of them and kept them on the other side of the rail and grabbed em when i needed em... if it wasnt for that shit i wouldnt of been able to be on the rail for their whole set while I was on crutches
    I had a backpack with me with 4 water bottles (2 for me, 2 for my friend). They were gone by the time Shadows Fall were done lol

A wide range.
    what does that mean?
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    So far

1. Obscura
    2. Protest The Hero
    3. Crowbar

I haven't listened to much because my internet is constantly being shut off and I need to use it sparingly.
  • GuruGuru Posts: 2,089 juggalo
    Gateway bands are just band that opened you to a new range of music. It doesn't matter if you still like them or not, that's just what a gateway band is. My first metal gateway bands for me were in middle school and freshman year of high school: (in order) Disturbed, Metallica, Slipknot, Bullet For My Valentine, Killswitch Engage, and Lamb of God. Lamb of God was the band that got me used to deep guttural vocals. Ever since then, my tastes have spiderwebbed immensely.
    Exactly.
    ^ if you consider that the definition of gateway bands, then practically every band is a gateway band.
    No. If you consider that the correct way of thinking, every band is a genre.
    So far

1. Obscura
    2. Protest The Hero
    3. Crowbar

I haven't listened to much because my internet is constantly being shut off and I need to use it sparingly.
    Wrong thread
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I thought the lemonade was the only flavor worth tasting last year....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I thought the lemonade was the only flavor worth tasting last year....
    It's Rockstar, what do you expect? It's only good when buried beneath fruit punch goodness.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I was disappoint they didn't have Rockstar Punched last year, I actually really liked that one.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I was disappoint they didn't have Rockstar Punched last year, I actually really liked that one.
    It's the only one worth having.