Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Your 2011 Albums of the Year Thread.

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited October 2011
    So what big albums have I missed over the last two months or so?
    Obviously, they should be good...
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    LMFAO - Sorry For Party Rockin
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    -_-
    Yes jay?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    You make me sad.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I made two changes so either you hate agony or love American capitalist. Possibly both of those
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    Amorphis - "The Beginning of Times" seems to be my favorite; since i've been listening to that shit non-stop since it came out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rs-or7As0k&ob=av3e

It did everything Enslaved have attempted to do since Vertebrae, went back to Tales' synth ways, and their singer (Capt. Jack Sparrow) pwns the fuck out of the album.

12/11
    I really like their new album too, but it doesn't top Skyforger for me. I think Amorphis were always kind of supposed to sound like they do today. I think they've gotten better at writing melodies and properly using layers like keyboards and different instruments that mesh with these melodies.
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    Amorphis - "The Beginning of Times" seems to be my favorite; since i've been listening to that shit non-stop since it came out.

It did everything Enslaved have attempted to do since Vertebrae, went back to Tales' synth ways, and their singer (Capt. Jack Sparrow) pwns the fuck out of the album.

12/11
    I really like their new album too, but it doesn't top Skyforger for me. I think Amorphis were always kind of supposed to sound like they do today. I think they've gotten better at writing melodies and properly using layers like keyboards and different instruments that mesh with these melodies.
    Dude, Mermaid is the fucking song of the year.....K?
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    LMFAO - Sorry For Party Rockin
    already at #1 fool
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo

12/11
    Dude, Mermaid is the fucking song of the year.....K?
    Yeah, Mermaid was one of my favorites from the album. Also, that bonus song Heart's Song was great.
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    edited October 2011
    ^ yes. also I'd hit that foxy mermaid.....fo real...
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I made two changes so either you hate agony or love American capitalist. Possibly both of those
    I haven't listened to either. Your list before those changes made me sad too.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Why
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    New number 1 album

1. Limp Bizkit -- Gold Cobra
    2. Primus -- Green Naugahyde
    New number 1 album

Just kidding, couldn't find my real list, but Green Naugahyde is on it's way to a solid 3rd on my list if it keeps going like it is, it will take it's place right under Sex Offender and Scurrilious, and right above Unexpect.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I don't know who half the artists are on Ape's list
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    New number 1 album

Just kidding, couldn't find my real list, but Green Naugahyde is on it's way to a solid 3rd on my list if it keeps going like it is, it will take it's place right under Sex Offender and Scurrilious, and right above Unexpect.
    If my reading comprehension skills serve me right, this post is informing me that Scurrilous is your number 2 and that makes me happy.
    I've yet to hear your opinions on Cenotes now that you've heard the recorded version. New Black Cobra should be leakin' soon. Black Tusk and Saviours also have new ones out.
    New number 1 album

If my reading comprehension skills serve me right, this post is informing me that Scurrilous is your number 2 and that makes me happy.
    3rd, after Green Naugahyde and Sex Offender.
    I don't know who half the artists are on Ape's list
    That's because he's just naming album titles
    1. The Black Dahlia Murder - Ritual
    2. Foo Fighters - Wasting light.
    3. Between the Buried and Me - The parallax: hypersleep dialogues
    4. Darkest Hour - Human romance
    5. Fleshgod Apocalypse Agony

Worst
    1. Mastodon - The Hunter
    2. Machine Head - Unto the locust
    3. Five Finger Death Punch - American capitalist
    New number 1 album

3rd, after Green Naugahyde and Sex Offender.
    closeenough.jpeg
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Oh I actually think I have most of those. I don't do too well with album titles