Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Even short handed, you shouldn't give up 4 goals in 4 min.
    Yeah, doesn't matter. You can say Vegas choked and San Jose took advantage and still say it was a horrendous call on the level of the Saints getting screwed in the NFC Championship earlier this year. That power play should not have happened, at least not beyond a regular 2 minutes. All these things can be true.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    All 4 division winners eliminated in round 1, just like everyone expected. Hockey is random and fun.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    No way it's at all comparable to the Saints no-call.

Based off the coverage surrounding the game, there doesn't seem to be a consensus of people who oppose the call to the level of that football game. It's a lot more mixed, and I don't really think the call was egregiously bad. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Football fans cry more.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    No way it's at all comparable to the Saints no-call.

Based off the coverage surrounding the game, there doesn't seem to be a consensus of people who oppose the call to the level of that football game. It's a lot more mixed, and I don't really think the call was egregiously bad. 
    The NHL doesn't get nearly the amount of coverage the NFL does, so of course the outrage isn't the same. It's a niche sport. I don't know how you can definitively say there is or isn't a consensus. And yes, the call was egregiously bad. It can be argued it wasn't even a two minute penalty, much less a five minute major with a game misconduct in the 3rd period of a game 7. The refs basically guessed. That's a joke.
    Aaaaaand the NHL admitted the call was wrong and the refs who made the call won't officiate for the rest of the playoffs. So there you go. 
    Yeah well what do they know anyway.
    And go to bed, damn.

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    4:28 his time lol 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • nohohanknohohank Posts: 248 juggalo
    Jake might appreciate this lol 

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    All this proves to me is that bitches know shit about sports 
    She isn't the first hxc hockey fan I've encountered. The last one worked at Goodwill so she got dibs on all the cool shit she wanted even though they aren't supposed to do that. Crushed the puss and she ghosted me lmao But Toledo takes pride in their minor league league teams. Tons of Walleye and Mudhen love. 
    *cries in sabres*
    edited November 2019
    Yeah I read the description and thought it fit Michigan football more than Red Wings hockey lol. It's been 10 years since the Wings were in the finals but consider the Tigers have won zero World Series since 1984 and are the worst team in baseball for the second time in 3 years, the Pistons are stuck in perpetual mediocrity because they can't get a superstar to play there, and the Lions are the Lions lol.
    edited November 2019
    The Wings were the most consistent source of my happiness growing up as a Michigan sports fan. Hockey's my favorite sport, and my team won 4 titles in the time it took me to go from starting kindergarten to graduating high school. Even when they didn't win, the NHL playoffs are my favorite postseason in sports and they were always there. They had great players. And now, even though they're at the bottom of the league right now, they got their former long-time captain and architect of one of the best teams in the league in Tampa Bay to come home and take over as general manager, and they have some promising players to build around. Probably the most likely of the 4 major Detroit sports teams to become a regular title contender again.
  • New_GaryNew_Gary Posts: 314 salt miner
    Rangers will get a cup b4 Detroit
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Im not sure ill ever have interest in watching hockey again after the draft lottery This year 

Yes you will. We're not the first terrible team to get screwed by the lottery. It's a top-heavy draft this year, they'll still get an elite prospect. 
    That being said, this is why Bettman is the WOAT commissioner even though Manfred and Goodell try their hardest to surpass him.
  • GazzaGazza Posts: 145 salt miner

Alexis Lafreniere....Instant Impact