Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    He could be their Bill Guerin, but I don't know. That Devils team just has trouble scoring, period.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The devils really fucked themselves with the Kovalchoke deal! Good for us!
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    yeah i hope they cant afford to re-sign parise!!!
    why not, i'd love to see Parise in an Avs jersey playing wing beside Stastny or Duchene
    cause with all the money they locked into to kovalchoke, then if they sign parise, they'll have two goal scorers and no playmakers. devils will suck for years!
    true, nothing like having 13 million tied up in 2 left wingers. but parise is good and young enough that it wouldnt hurt to try to turn him into a centerman to play with kovy
    and after this disastrous year, i think Marty will retire. so their going to need a new tender next year
    hopefully they suck for years to come...

GO FLYERS!
    yeah i have a buddy who's a die hard devs fan, so its nice to see them sucking it up. but i dont really care what happens in the east as long as the leafs continue to fail i'm content
    yeah thats pretty sad, if you feel the need to beat up the visiting teams fans.
    i know people who were actually at this game. the dude acting a fool, instigating the whole game, then threw beer in someone's womans face...

it wasn't unjust
    Sidney Crosby out with concussion

MONTREAL -- Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby is expected to be sidelined for a week because of a concussion.

Crosby, who leads the NHL with 32 goals and 66 points, missed the Penguins' 2-1 shootout loss in Montreal on Thursday night. He flew back to Pittsburgh to be re-evaluated by team doctors, who updated coach Dan Bylsma about the extent of Crosby's injury following the game.

Crosby had played each of Pittsburgh's first 41 games this season after he missed just one last season, when he tied for the league lead with 51 goals.

"We play 40 minutes a game without Sid on the ice so we're comfortable with knowing how we need to play and how it's going to be," Bylsma said. "We're going to keep playing exactly that same way and figuring out ways to win hockey games."

The injury reportedly occurred Wednesday night in an 8-1 home win over Tampa Bay, possibly on a hit by Lightning defenseman Victor Hedman. Crosby had one assist in the win, his first point in three games following a 25-game point streak.

"You don't want to see a guy go down like this, especially him, but we have to regroup and play better. That's it," Penguins defenseman Kris Letang said.

Crosby absorbed a blindside hit from Washington's Dave Steckel in the Winter Classic on Saturday.

"We wouldn't have thought he was OK to play," Bylsma said following the loss in Montreal when asked if Crosby displayed any symptoms before Wednesday night's game. "He certainly saw doctors."

The Penguins were also without forward Matt Cooke in Montreal. Cooke returned to Pittsburgh because of personal reasons.

i know people who were actually at this game. the dude acting a fool, instigating the whole game, then threw beer in someone's womans face...

it wasn't unjust
    ok fair enough, if thats the case he deserved it.

some people take sports a little to seriously like if their team loses the world will end or something. winning a championship is nice to celebrate and a good boost for the city but its not going to change the world
    i've been to over a hundred sports events in philly, i've only seen an asswhoopin twice one was a mets fan and one was a NY Rangers fan. they both were drunkin assholes looking for trouble and trying to start with everyone and threw the 1st punch(the mets one i saw is on youtube). i've been to multiple Eagles/Cowboys games and never seen any physical violence. theres alot of trashtalk, but only select few take it too far and usually theres too much booze is involved. this happens everywhere.
    trash talk and taunting are fine their a part of sport, its the ones who take it too far who piss me off.