Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    Rangers starting to "gel". I expect Great Things this year in this fucked up season.
    BUT whoever wins it's kinda "tainted" because of the shortened season.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Gary said:

Already argued this with Ape and I disagree. The playoffs will be exactly the same. So no, any Stanley Cup won this season is legitimate.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage

Gary said:

Already argued this with Ape and I disagree. The playoffs will be exactly the same. So no, any Stanley Cup won this season is legitimate.
    That's true about the playoffs being the same BUT the season is alot shorter and alot of shit can change in the season so I would say we are both right. It legit but......always gonna be a but there

It might even be harder because players with bad injuries won't be back until the playoffs....if your team even gets that far.
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    We know the Wings won't

It might even be harder because players with bad injuries won't be back until the playoffs....if your team even gets that far.

Callahan got fucked up tonight
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    Gary said:

What exactly happened? I watched the whole game. It wasnt anything dirty from what i saw it just look like his arm got bent is a awkward way.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you

Gary said:

What exactly happened? I watched the whole game. It wasnt anything dirty from what i saw it just look like his arm got bent is a awkward way.
    That's all I saw..Havent read anything on it yet
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Its not the same as playing a full season and winning no matter what you say jay. Too much happens throughout a full season to say it carries the same weight.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    mrAPE said:

Its not the same as playing a full season and winning no matter what you say jay. Too much happens throughout a full season to say it carries the same weight.

I agree

Gary said:

http://bluelinestation.com/2013/01/29/rangers-beat-the-flyers-but-ryan-callahan-injured/

X(
    mrAPE said:

Like what? Injuries? Like I said, injuries can derail you easier in a shortened season.
    Like what I dont know teams that start out hot and fall off showing they weren't that good in the first place or teams that are actually good starting slow and building as the season goes on.

Winning with half the season cut off just isn't as impressive as with it all there.

Look I get it you are happy to watch your team that's all you wanted but don't pretend like It is as good as a full season.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Ape is hitting the nail on the head
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I actually think this season will be the best season that i can remember. Games almost every other night. Every game means something. This is gonna be fuckin great imo. I wish every season was like this. The playoffs will be full playoffs and nobody will care that it was a shortened regular season by then.

Ape is just trollin anyway. 8-|
    Im not trolling though. I feel the same way about all sports that pull this crap
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I see where ape's coming from, I mean we got a bunch of injuries and we cant win a game, so this shortened season is really gonna fuck us cause guys cant recover and gain points towards the end, but 16 games won is 16 games won. I dont think the stanley cup winner will be tainted. I think it will be remembered and some teams might miss oppurtunities, but you cant take away from a team who wins 4 series.
    HOODS said:

I see where ape's coming from, I mean we got a bunch of injuries and we cant win a game, so this shortened season is really gonna fuck us cause guys cant recover and gain points towards the end, but 16 games won is 16 games won. I dont think the stanley cup winner will be tainted. I think it will be remembered and some teams might miss oppurtunities, but you cant take away from a team who wins 4 series.

You are 100% correct but there will always be a "but" involved when discussing whoever wins.