Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Just shut up and play hockey.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    I guess Jay acts just like the women on this forum. If he disagrees with whatever you post, he'll just click troll without backing it up. I can play that game too.

I already made my point. If you think there's no point, don't watch the games. But let the real fans be happy that hockey's back.
    You already know ill be watching my Kings play. Ain't no doubt about that.

edited January 2013
    <_>

And that is why I hit the troll button with you.
    I'm repping the snapback right now. Suck my dick. image

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Seriously how many games will they get in this year youve lost 3-4 months of games its pointless. Even if your team wins there is still an * next to your team for shortened season
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    ^Disgruntled "Natti" fan^
    Not at all.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    its about friggin time! Can't wait to say "they were offsides!" when it matters! Lets go Bruins!
    Lol why would you disagree. I have nothing to be upset about. I just find starting the season this late pointless. Don't like it deal with it.
    would rather have shortened season then no hockey. i would be going thru sports withdrawal if hockey doesn't start up. Patriots season winding down. Sox don't start until April. Need something to fill that void.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    Enjoy it while it lasts. NHL is on the decline and ratings are falling fast every year. Soon no more NHL.
    notice that people that have no local NHL team or a sucky NHL team are the ones against the shortened season....
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip

Enjoy it while it lasts. NHL is on the decline and ratings are falling fast every year. Soon no more NHL.

Rating don't fall every year, after the last lockout until this one it grew from a 1 billion dollar business to around a 3 billion dollar business.
    Yes this lockout will hurt short term but people will be back.
    The NHLs biggest problem is they won't admit when teams won't work in a certain areas like Florida, Columbus, Phoenix, those teams that lose millions upon millions every year
    John I would say the same about baseball and football.
    Ape, they did a 48-game season in 1994-95 and it worked just fine. Are you going to put an asterisk next to the Heat's title last year because they played a shortened season? No, because that's stupid.
    Ever since Nicklas Lidstrom announced his retirement on May 31, it was fairly obvious would who replace him as Detroit Red Wings captain.

Now that the NHL lockout has ended, the Red Wings soon will announce that Henrik Zetterberg will be their next captain.

Zetterberg has served as an alternate captain since 2006-07, following longtime captain Steve Yzerman's retirement. The Swedish star has been groomed for the captaincy for years.

Pavel Datsyuk and Niklas Kronwall will continue to serve as alternate captains. The third alternate captain, if the club chooses one, hasn't been determined. Only two players can wear the “A'' during games. The Red Wings have been alternating three players in that capacity for several years.
    DETROIT – Tomas Holmstrom won’t be back with the Wings next season.

He’ll announce his retirement with a press conference prior to the start of this season.

“He’s battled,” Wings general manager Ken Holland said at the press conference to announce the Winter Classic coming to Ann Arbor last year. “He’s played a hard 1,000 games. I think he wants to make sure that the decision that he makes, if he’s going to play, that he’s passionate about coming back, especially with the loss of Nick (Lidstrom).”

When the two met after the season was over, Holland felt Holmstrom was leaning towards playing another season.

However, with the additions the Wings made at forward this offseason – Mikael Samuelsson, Jordin Tootoo and Damien Brunner — his days in Detroit looked numbered.

The team is also high on Gustav Nyquist.