Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    HOODS said:

Go Phantoms :-S

is that the flyers farm team?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    They have the same record as the lildikkwingz right now [-(
    They've also been around for 90 years longer ;)

And theyre both 0-0 right now, and gonna stay that way for a long time :D
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    I think Jay killed himself.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Good night sweet prince
    I wonder who will win this year....oh wait
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers

They've also been around for 90 years longer ;)

And theyre both 0-0 right now, and gonna stay that way for a long time :D

excuses are like assholes...
    LIES! you can't stick your penis in an excuse!
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    I wish that joke made sense :-??
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    If they got it together and started the season around Thankgiving that would be perfect actually

If they got it together and started the season around Thankgiving that would be perfect actually

yeah Canadian thanksgiving
    i think you red wing fans are in for a surprise now that you dont have Lindstrom. i dont think the red wings will make the play-offs this year (if we even have a season)
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod

i think you red wing fans are in for a surprise now that you dont have Lindstrom. i dont think the red wings will make the play-offs this year (if we even have a season)

First of all, it's Lidstrom. Second of all, everyone is predicting doomsday for the Wings and I don't see it. As it is, we're a 5-8 seed team at best. But to say we're going to suddenly fall off a cliff because Lidstrom's gone is a bit extreme.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage

First of all, it's Lidstrom. Second of all, everyone is predicting doomsday for the Wings and I don't see it. As it is, we're a 5-8 seed team at best. But to say we're going to suddenly fall off a cliff because Lidstrom's gone is a bit extreme.
    i'm sorry but it is the beginning of the end for the wings. you just lost arguably the best defenseman in the history of the game, picked up no one to replace him (coliacovo will not do)
    your two best players Zetterberg & Datsyuk are about to approach the down swing of their careers. and your prospect pool is suspect (but that will happen after years on top)
    im not trying to be an asshole about it but thats the way i see it.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    edited October 2012
    I don't see how any one could doubt ken holland though
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited October 2012

i'm sorry but it is the beginning of the end for the wings. you just lost arguably the best defenseman in the history of the game, picked up no one to replace him (coliacovo will not do)
    your two best players Zetterberg & Datsyuk are about to approach the down swing of their careers. and your prospect pool is suspect (but that will happen after years on top)
    im not trying to be an asshole about it but thats the way i see it.
    No one can replace Lidstrom. Not Suter, Carle, or anyone else we could have gotten. That is a fact. However, I still think the Wings are at worst a bubble playoff team. Datsyuk is still one of the top 5 forwards in the game, Zetterberg is still a horse, Filippula and Franzen are still young and are capable of producing in bunches, and we have the best third-line center in the game in Darren Helm. Brendan Smith is going to be a very good defenseman, Kronwall is Kronwall, Quincey will play better, etc. Colaiacovo could be a steal if he stays healthy.

To say that the prospect pool is suspect is pretty short-sighted. The Wings have a very good amount of talent in the minors, especially forwards, that are going to surface within the next few years. We've already seen that Nyquist is going to be an important part of the team in the future, and players like Tatar, Sheahan, Jarnkrok, Pulkinen, Jurco, Almquist, and Ouillet are all players to look out for.

I'm not concerned about missing the playoffs next season. I suspect that once the new CBA comes together and the cap drops, they'll make more moves and look towards 2013 free agency as well.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers

HOODS said:

Go Phantoms :-S

is that the flyers farm team?

One of them, they also have the Trenton Titans.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    And a team in ottowa
    Islanders are moving to Brooklyn. I didn't know black people loved hockey :-??
    oh and RIP NHL