Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I remember my first conversation in the NHL thread that wasnt all about detroit crying
    I remember my first time seeing the flyers win the cup. oh wait I don't
    1970's biootch =;

...I'll never waiver from my team reguardless of what they win. PLus, my team can kick your teams ass in a street brawl.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    Red Wings beat the Blackhawks in OT. Conklin got the win and stopped a penalty shot **==
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Well you and Dayna probably would have freaked that we put Conklin in against the Blackhawks anyway. :P We fell behind 2-0 in the first period and then came back and won in OT. :D
    Well it's a big win. We're in a three-way tie for first place in the division nao.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Refs were against the Hawks obv
    edited January 2012
    NHL fills out All-Star Game rosterThursday, 01.12.2012 / 12:46 PM / 2012 Tim Hortons NHL All-Star Game
    By Adam Kimelman - NHL.com Deputy Managing Editor

The Vancouver Canucks, who started the day with the best record in the Western Conference, also lead in another category -- most players added to the All-Star Game.

Four members of the Canucks were among the 36 veterans and 12 rookies announced by the NHL for the 2012 Tim Hortons NHL All-Star Game, to be played Jan. 29 in Ottawa.

Players from all 30 teams will be represented at the game, with four members of the Canucks added to the pool of players Thursday -- forwards Henrik and Daniel Sedin, defenseman Alexander Edler and forward Cody Hodgson, who was one of the dozen rookies selected to play in the game and the 2012 Molson Canadian NHL All-Star Skills Competition, to be held Jan. 28.

The Ottawa Senators will have the largest representation at the game, with five players selected -- forwards Jason Spezza, Daniel Alfredsson and Milan Michalek, and defenseman Erik Karlsson, who were voted in by the fans, and forward Colin Greening, added to the rookie pool.

The Eastern Conference-leading New York Rangers had three players selected -- goaltender Henrik Lundqvist, defenseman Dan Girardi and forward Marian Gaborik. The defending Stanley Cup champion Boston Bruins had two players named -- forward Tyler Seguin and defenseman Zdeno Chara. Bruins goalie Tim Thomas also will be at the game after being voted in by the fans.

The players added Thursday join the six players elected to the game by fan balloting -- Thomas; defensemen Dion Phaneuf of the Maple Leafs and Karlsson of the Senators; and the three Ottawa forwards.

Added to the roster Thursday were five goaltenders, among them the Red Wings' Jimmy Howard, who leads the League in wins, and the Blues' Brian Elliott, who is second in the League in goals-against average and save percentage.

Among the nine defensemen added were the Panthers' Brian Campbell and the Jets' Dustin Byfuglien, who last were teammates in 2010 to help the Chicago Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup. Also added from that championship Blackhawks team were current Hawks forwards Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane and Marian Hossa.

Also going to Ottawa will be Predators teammates Shea Weber and Ryan Suter. Joining them will be teammate Craig Smith, from the rookie pool.

The League's top nine scorers all will have a place in Ottawa -- the Sedins, the Maple Leafs' Phil Kessel and Joffrey Lupul, the Flyers' Claude Giroux, the Lightning's Steven Stamkos, Hossa, the Penguins' Evgeni Malkin and Spezza.

Other forwards added to the roster include Flames captain Jarome Iginla, who last week became the 42nd player in NHL history with 500 goals; Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin, who will play in his fifth All-Star Game; and the Red Wings' Pavel Datsyuk, who was named to his third All-Star Game.

After captains and alternate captains are named, the rosters will be picked at the 2012 NHL All-Star Player Fantasy Draft, to be held Jan. 26.

It's gay how they do the all star game now. They need to get back to East vs West
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    ottawa senators have 5 players representing and Tim Thomas had to be voted in = fail
    ottawa senators have 5 players representing and Tim Thomas had to be voted in = fail
    8-|
    Full Roster

The NHL has released its full list of participants for the 2012 Tim Hortons All-Star Game in Ottawa on Jan. 29. Let’s take a look:

Goalies (6): Tim Thomas (Boston), Brian Elliott (St. Louis), Henrik Lundqvist (New York Rangers), Jimmy Howard (Detroit), Carey Price (Montreal), Jonathan Quick (Los Angeles).

Defensemen (12): Erik Karlsson (Ottawa), Dion Phaneuf (Toronto), Dustin Byfuglien (Winnipeg), Kimmo Timonen (Philadelphia), Brian Campbell (Florida), Dan Girardi (New York Rangers), Zdeno Chara (Boston), Alex Edler (Vancouver), Shea Weber (Nashville), Ryan Suter (Nashville), Dennis Wideman (Washington), Keith Yandle (Phoenix).

Forwards (24): Daniel Alfredsson (Ottawa), Jason Spezza (Ottawa), Milan Michalek (Ottawa), Jonathan Toews (Chicago), Marian Hossa (Chicago), Patrick Kane (Chicago), Steve Stamkos (Tampa Bay), Joffrey Lupul (Toronto), Phil Kessel (Toronto), Jamie Benn (Dallas), Claude Giroux (Philadelphia), John Tavares (New York Islanders), Tyler Seguin (Boston), Marian Gaborik (New York Rangers), Daniel Sedin (Vancouver), Henrik Sedin (Vancouver), Evgeni Malkin (Pittsburgh), Jarome Iginla (Calgary), Pavel Datsyuk (Detroit), Mikko Koivu (Minnesota), Logan Couture (San Jose), Jason Pominville (Buffalo), Corey Perry (Anaheim), Alex Ovechkin (Washington).

Rookies (12): Cody Hodgson (Vancouver), Craig Smith (Nashville), Colin Greening (Ottawa),Matt Read (Philadelphia), Sean Couturier (Philadelphia), Ryan Johansen (Columbus), Justin Faulk (Carolina), Luke Adam (Buffalo), Adam Henrique (New Jersey), Gabriel Landeskog (Colorado), Adam Larson (New Jersey), Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (Edmonton).

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    holy crap! Wideman, are you kidding me? he went from getting boo'd whenever he touched the puck in boston to an allstar in Washington?
    Scott Hartnell should have made the team. He's been playing incredible this year.
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    Tim Thomas didnt HAVE to be voted in but he was voted as the top goalie (thats a good thing). also whatever city hosts always has the most guys on the roster (see carolina last year).
    Scott Hartnell should have made the team. He's been playing incredible this year.
    i'm a huge Hartnell fan and would love to have him on my team but he isnt really what they call a "skill guy" hes a work horse, crash and bang type player and those type of players rarely get to play in an allstar game.
    It's gay how they do the all star game now. They need to get back to East vs West
    I disagree. This is much better and actually makes it more interesting.

Wings-Coyotes tonight. Datsyuk and Commodore are game-time decisions....
    Hartnell's having an outstanding year though. He's +19 with 37 points. only hossa has a higher +/- then him. He should have been on the team.
    He's a stud on my fantasy team.
    I disagree. This is much better and actually makes it more interesting.

Wings-Coyotes tonight. Datsyuk and Commodore are game-time decisions....
    What about it could you possibly like? The Hawks even had one of the captains last year and I thought it was stupid as hell.
    Hartnell's having an outstanding year though. He's +19 with 37 points. only hossa has a higher +/- then him. He should have been on the team.
    agreed. He's having a great year
    It's different and generates interesting team combinations. The All-Star Game in every sport is a crapshoot anyway, so why not try something else?
    It's different and generates interesting team combinations. The All-Star Game in every sport is a crapshoot anyway, so why not try something else?
    because it's stupid and has no rhyme or reason.