Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited January 2012
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    Looks like Chicago found their replacement for Ben Eager...... X_X
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I miss Carcillo.
    Wings-Leafs tomorrow. Feels like forever since I've seen them play a hockey game.
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

NEW YORK -- The NHL said Friday that it won't go forward with its realignment plan and modified playoff format next season after the players' association refused to agree to the changes.

The changes were recently approved by the NHL's board of governors. The league said it will maintain its current alignment and playoff format next season.

"It is unfortunate that the NHLPA has unreasonably refused to approve a plan that an overwhelming majority of our clubs voted to support, and that has received such widespread support from our fans and other members of the hockey community, including players," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said.

"We have now spent the better part of four weeks attempting to satisfy the NHLPA's purported concerns with the plan with no success. Because we have already been forced to delay and, as a result, are already late in beginning the process of preparing next season's schedule, we have no choice but to abandon our intention to implement the realignment plan and modified playoff format for next season.

"We believe the union acted unreasonably in violation of the league's rights. We intend to evaluate all of our available legal options and to pursue adequate remedies, as appropriate."

A source told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun a possible next step for the NHL could be to bring a grievance against the NHLPA, if the league feels the players' association unreasonably withheld its consent. If the league wins that grievance, it could unilaterally implement realignment for the 2013-14 season.

Daly told LeBrun the league got the final "thumbs down" from the NHLPA Friday.

An NHLPA source told ESPN The Magazine's Craig Custance last week that increased travel was a concern for the union.

"We're gathering travel data," the source said last week. "It's a process. We want to make sure we do our due diligence."
    so whats that mean? no 4 conferences or whatever?
    It means at least next year will have the same format as always. The realignment can't happen until both sides agree.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    detroit sent the damn refs to Boston today...damn them! canucks were 4 for 10 on the power play with one 5 on 3 goal and 2 goals on a 5 man advantage. 2 leading scorers for the B's were ejected after misconducts, Lucic and Marchand.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    yes, the refs really did have the canucks win. they scored on the 5 on 3 as a result of this and Lucic was gone most of the game....

The Game Misconduct penalty assessed to Boston Bruins forward Milan Lucic during NHL Game #598 this afternoon in Boston has been rescinded, National Hockey League Senior Vice President and Director of Officiating Terry Gregson announced today.

Lucic was assessed a Game Misconduct 3:54 into the first period for violating National Hockey League Rule 70.1 – Leaving the Bench. However, a video review of the incident revealed that Lucic did not leave the bench to join or start an altercation but rather had entered the ice legally over the boards and was about to step back onto the bench through the door when he changed course and joined a scrum.

"The referees reacted to what they saw," Gregson said. "The only player they saw coming from the bench area from either team was Lucic. But with the benefit of replay, we can see that Lucic had previously entered the ice over the boards legally to join the play and actually was contemplating stepping back onto the bench through the door when the altercation ensued.

"It should be further noted that a review of the video confirmed that all players on both teams involved in the altercation had entered the ice legally for the purpose of joining the play. None entered the ice for the purpose of joining or starting an altercation, which is prohibited by Rule 70."

NHL Rule 70.1 – Leaving the Bench reads: "No player may leave the players' or penalty bench at any time during an altercation or for the purpose of starting an altercation."
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    If I jerk it one more time today, I'll get a hat trick! :-bd
    just go look at that pic in the hot or not thread one more time..youll go from 6 to midnight no prob
    just go look at that pic in the hot or not thread one more time..youll go from 6 to midnight no prob
    the guy with the dildo and the water bottle and what ever else he had going on?
    the guy with the dildo and the water bottle and what ever else he had going on?
    B-)