Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    1. If that hit happened today, Chelios would get a penalty and probably a suspension.
    2. Chelios was not a dirty player, that hit was more of the exception than the rule. I wouldn't really classify that as a cheap shot either, it was just an illegal hit. If he kept his forearm down, it would have been perfectly fine. That's exactly why headshots are taken so seriously now, but I've seen worse hits that were actually clean, lol.

tl;dr: That wasn't Chelios's game.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers

2. Chelios was not a dirty player
    #-o ...............yes he was
    Not when he played with the Wings. Maybe that's basically he was older and had to play better position, but he wasn't dirty in Detroit. :-??
    edited December 2011
    Chelios was the king of the slash b-( b-( b-(
    Before my time, then. I never really watched him until he got traded to the Wings, I was 8 when that happened. :))
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers

I wouldn't really classify that as a cheap shot either, it was just an illegal hit.
    He elbowed the guy int the side of the face/head and knocked him out cold so when his bosy when limp and he hit the ice he cracked his head open and bled everywhere and missed the rest of the series. If elbowing someone and knocking them out cold isn't dirty, I don't know what is. :-??
    Before my time, then. I never really watched him until he got traded to the Wings, I was 8 when that happened. :))
    :|

b-(
    here's faggot ass chelios cheapshot....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaHQ5mLiL1w

he intentionally put his elbow right into his head area when his head was already pinned against the glass. he's dirty. period/

I wouldn't really classify that as a cheap shot either, it was just an illegal hit.
    He elbowed the guy int the side of the face/head and knocked him out cold so when his bosy when limp and he hit the ice he cracked his head open and bled everywhere and missed the rest of the series. If elbowing someone and knocking them out cold isn't dirty, I don't know what is. :-??
    He was already heading over to hit him before the guy played the puck. By the time he got there, his head was up against the boards and he couldn't stop. I don't think it was malicious in intent, there was no time to stop. Now, saying that, he was dumb and got the forearm up, but I think there's a difference between an illegal hit and a flat out dirty play. Idk. :-??

Cheap shots:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDYBpZbGvv4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaG4GSyQ-tQ

Not a cheap shot. CF will never agree with me on this, but it was clean:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oCFtqOEAQI
    Jay :|

look at Chelios' eyes, then look at where he puts his elbow, right into the head.
    Horrible example. Kronwall left his feet. Highly illegal. [-X b-(
    edited December 2011
    Jay :|

look at Chelios' eyes, then look at where he puts his elbow, right into the head.
    It's not clean, and I don't condone the hit at all. If that happened in the league today, he'd get at least a game suspension. There's no place for that shit in the league today. I guess it doesn't really matter whether he meant it or not, but I don't think of Chelios as a dirty player because I saw him play in the twilight of his career where he had to play smart instead of physical if he wanted to keep going. I dunno, this is the only really bad hit I've seen from him, and I don't recall any when he played for us. :-??
    It's not clean, and I don't condone the hit at all. If that happened in the league today, he'd get at least a game suspension. There's no place for that shit in the league today. I guess it doesn't really matter whether he meant it or not, but I don't think of Chelios as a dirty player because I saw him play in the twilight of his career where he had to play smart instead of physical if he wanted to keep going. I dunno, this is the only really bad hit I've seen from him, and I don't recall any when he played for us. :-??
    Of course you don't remember any, because as a Red Wing fan you are programmed to overlook anything that Red Wing players do illegally and cry like crazy and blame the refs anytime anything doesn't go your way in a game.
    He made contact when he was still on the ice. I still think it was a horrible call. Absolutely no way Kronwall could have known Havlat was going to put his head down there.
    He made contact when he was still on the ice. I still think it was a horrible call. Absolutely no way Kronwall could have known Havlat was going to put his head down there.
    Have the Wings ever committed an actual penalty in your eyes, or have they all just been a series of horrible calls and bad luck?
    Of course you don't remember any, because as a Red Wing fan you are programmed to overlook anything that Red Wing players do illegally and cry like crazy and blame the refs anytime anything doesn't go your way in a game.
    We all have a bias, don't go bullshitting me. I know if Chelios hit a Red Wing like that, I would have been pissed and it would be harder for me to look at it objectively. The officiating in the NHL drives me crazy at times, but it's never their fault when we lose, as easy as it is to blame them. Every fanbase whines, and of course they whine the loudest about the most successful teams and their fanbases. So Detroit, Chicago, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Jose......etc. It's whatever. I still contend Chelios was a different player when he played for us. He had to be. He wasn't strong or fast enough to hit people at that age when he got here.
    edited December 2011
    Have the Wings ever committed an actual penalty in your eyes, or have they all just been a series of horrible calls and bad luck?
    youseemupset.jpg

I'm sure you agree with 100% of the calls in every Blackhawks game as well.....I call it as I see them. The refs call penalties that are deserved on us, and they call bullshit. Happens to every team. I just vehemently disagree with the call they made on Kronwall. No sense in whining about it, since we won the series anyway, but I'm just saying I thought it was clean. Even the announcer, who's the color commentator for the Hawks, said it was clean.
    I've never once blamed the refs or the officiating for my team losing a game, like you Red Wings and Lions fans do 50 times a year. No fan base whines and cries more than yooz. [-X
    Just because you don't doesn't mean all Blackhawks fans are so perfect. I sure as hell don't blame the refs when we lose, but I can point out when their calls are full of shit. There's a difference. But you're from Chicago, bred to hate Detroit teams. I understand. :-B