Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    the video is in slow motion so it looks alot worse there but at full game speed it was less then a second after horton passed the puck
    its not in slow motion. he watches horton pass the puck, then lays him the fuck out purposely with no puck in sight. the hit is dirty. i dont even think there should be an argument here.
    ok it was a late hit, but a late hit typically isnt suspendable
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    there should be an argument here.
    there isnt. Just because some crazy dude wants to claim the sky is red, doesnt constitute an argument.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    horton passes the puck and rome is watching and still delievers a horrific hit to his fucking head. shit was dirty as hell, he should have been given some games off at the beggining of next season too...
    you gotta admit though... It was a hell of a game plan for the Canucks. use some bench warmer to take out the Bruins leading scorer? How do you win Stanley Cups? By being better at hockey??? :-)) sucka.
    wait till John reads this...... he's going to rip his shirt open slap the nearest co-worker and tear apart his cubical at work....
    I'm looking at the hit as being part of the game. it was unfortunate, but it does happen all the time. I think the bite incident was dirtier. Sucks that Horton is gone for the rest of the playoffs, but on the brightside, the B's scored 8 goals without him.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    the video is in slow motion so it looks alot worse there but at full game speed it was less then a second after horton passed the puck
    its not in slow motion. he watches horton pass the puck, then lays him the fuck out purposely with no puck in sight. the hit is dirty. i dont even think there should be an argument here.
    ok it was a late hit, but a late hit typically isnt suspendable
    I seen worse offenses warrant suspensions, I guess thats whats wrong with the NHL, they dont have any consistency.
    there should be an argument here.
    there isnt. Just because some crazy dude wants to claim the sky is red, doesnt constitute an argument.
    <_>
    horton passes the puck and rome is watching and still delievers a horrific hit to his fucking head. shit was dirty as hell, he should have been given some games off at the beggining of next season too...
    you gotta admit though... It was a hell of a game plan for the Canucks. use some bench warmer to take out the Bruins leading scorer? How do you win Stanley Cups? By being better at hockey??? :-)) sucka.
    wait till John reads this...... he's going to rip his shirt open slap the nearest co-worker and tear apart his cubical at work....
    I'm looking at the hit as being part of the game. it was unfortunate, but it does happen all the time. I think the bite incident was dirtier. Sucks that Horton is gone for the rest of the playoffs, but on the brightside, the B's scored 8 goals without him.
    If someone sticks their fingers in my mouth, I'm biting them. The hit is just bad, it didnt need to happen and I hate seeing players get fucked up like that. It was very avoidable.
    I'm rooting for vancouver but that hit was bad and it wasn't needed. but everyone has to realize this shit happens, it is the playoffs...
    thats what i'm saying but everyone wanted to throw Richards to the wolves in round one [-(
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    The Richards hit was bad, and so was this. I think the fact that Burrows didn't get suspended and won Game 2 for the Canucks played a part in the suspension being as long as it is.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    yea and way to jinx vancouver too jay, god damn
    Not my team, so.....

You're just mad that your Vancouver in 4 prediction is wrong. :P
    no you talked about it, therefore you fucked it up. JUST LIKE THE RED WINGS! :-((

next year for the cup I'm locking you in a closet for the playoffs
    Stop blaming the Red Wings losing on meeeeeeeeeeee :((

And you'll have to catch me first. o.O
    It was the NHL's fault Connolly got injured [-(
    The Flyers have acquired the rights to Ilya Bryzgalov in exchange for LW Matt Clackson, the Flyers’ 3rd round draft choice in 2012, and a conditional draft choice.
    I wish there were some more Flyers fans... noone else gives a fuck we just aquired a decent goalie but me....
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I hope Bryzgalov goes to the Flyers. He could do really well there. I've wanted to see him do well, but Phoenix has faced Detroit in the first round of the playoffs a few times in the passed couple years so he's kinda been screwed there.
    yeah we got a good D to where he can thrive.... this is exciting news to me, i been waiting for a good goalie since Hextall..... I really hope this gets done for not too much money...
    edited June 2011
    The Flyers have acquired the rights to Ilya Bryzgalov in exchange for LW Matt Clackson, the Flyers’ 3rd round draft choice in 2012, and a conditional draft choice.
    Not a good trade imo. They could have done much better. Hell, they could have waited and gotten him without trading for him.
    they gave up a bum and a 3rd round pick for a much needed goalie.... Bryzgolov or whatever is way better then what they got, and i know he was exposed bigtime in the playoffs, but they were against one of the best teams and had no D. he was good in the regular season and i can see him doing good on our team. we got to the finals last year with fucking homless men behind the net and to the second round this year with the net damn near empty.... if he doesnt cost that much, i think its a great deal for them. i am thrilled to have a goalie we can all our starter for once. lets face it, without him phonoies wouldnt have went anywhere.
    edited June 2011
    I still would have waited until July 1 and gotten him without giving up anything. I think Bryzgalov is a decent to good goalie, but he's going to be expensive, more than he's worth. I think there are better options out there. I hope yall can sign him because I know the cap is not being good to you guys right now.
    yeah i know, all the rumors are carter is going to be gone cause they gotta still sign leino, carcillo, and a few others.... carter is always hurt and doesnt perform in the playoffs. i'm fine with that. they also gotta extend JVR, hopefully for like 20 years or some shit, carter is the odd man out. I'm just glad theyre doing this and not ignoring the fact that they need a goalie. they should have got him like 3 years ago...
    It won't be THAT easy to give away Carter. The fact that he hasn't performed and that he's injury prone doesn't make it likely someone's going to take a chance on him by himself. It will likely have to be a multi-player deal.
    i heard toronto has been wanting carter bad for years...