Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,602 spicy boy
    detroit has the talent to actually do it...but i doubt they do
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    edited May 2011
    Wow what a snooze fest this second round has turned into after a bunch of great 1st round series. Way to not show up at all Wash, Phi, and Det.
    Have you watched the games? Detroit is two bounces away from being up in the series 2-1. Three one-goal games does not equate to us not showing up.
    wings need to actually get lucky to pull it off
    Fixed. We deserved to win Game 3.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    edited May 2011
    Except they can knock you down and it won't get called. Ask Homer. >_>
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    you obviously are not well acquainted with my ass.
    this made me lmfao
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Wow what a snooze fest this second round has turned into after a bunch of great 1st round series. Way to not show up at all Wash, Phi, and Det.
    Have you watched the games? Detroit is two bounces away from being up in the series 2-1. Three one-goal games does not equate to us not showing up.
    wings need to actually get lucky to pull it off
    Fixed. We deserved to win Game 3.
    It doesn't make a damn bit of difference if you don't win the games. If they win a couple of games, then they've shown up, until they do, they haven't. There are no moral victories.
    Iaintevennola.jpg
    edited May 2011
    I never claimed any moral victories. The three games we've played have been damn good hockey, and unfortunately San Jose has won all three of them. That doesn't mean we haven't shown up, so don't lump us in with the epic collapse that is the Washington Capitals because San Jose got lucky bounces on three of their four goals last night. The OT winner in Game 1 was a godsend as well. This series isn't over. Detroit is better than Chicago and San Jose isn't as good as Vancouver, so you're naive if you think the Wings can't do it.
    I never claimed any moral victories. The three games we've played have been damn good hockey, and unfortunately San Jose has won all three of them. That doesn't mean we haven't shown up, so don't lump us in with the epic collapse that is the Washington Capitals because San Jose got lucky bounces on three of their four goals last night. The OT winner in Game 1 was a godsend as well. This series isn't over. Detroit is better than Chicago and San Jose isn't as good as Vancouver, so you're naive if you think the Wings can't do it.
    Well the first 3 games of the Hawks-Vancouver series were all very close games also, and games 2 and 3 were one goal games also. That being said the Hawks didn't show up until they actually won a couple of games. and yes you will be lumped in with Washington if you lose game 4. Getting swept is getting swept, no matter how good the hockey is.

Don't worry the loser here isn't you. The loser is me, because A) I don't have my team still in it. B) I only have one somewhat compelling series to watch (Van vs NSH obviously)
    Well the first 3 games of the Hawks-Vancouver series were all very close games also, and games 2 and 3 were one goal games also. That being said the Hawks didn't show up until Raffi Torres laid out Seabrook and Dave Bolland came back.
    Fixed.

I don't think it's as black and white as that, since Washington and Philly haven't won a Cup and thus have much more pressure than us to get it done. While a lot of people thought we could win it this year as well, the West is strong and like I said when the playoffs began, I could easily see San Jose or Vancouver coming out of the West. It's not over yet, but if we end up losing the series, we'll retool and come back strong next year like we always do. We still have a strong nucleus that can contend for a few more years.

Well the first 3 games of the Hawks-Vancouver series were all very close games also, and games 2 and 3 were one goal games also. That being said the Hawks didn't show up until Raffi Torres laid out Seabrook and Dave Bolland came back.
    Fixed.

I don't think it's as black and white as that, since Washington and Philly haven't won a Cup and thus have much more pressure than us to get it done. While a lot of people thought we could win it this year as well, the West is strong and like I said when the playoffs began, I could easily see San Jose or Vancouver coming out of the West. It's not over yet, but if we end up losing the series, we'll retool and come back strong next year like we always do. We still have a strong nucleus that can contend for a few more years.

sounds alot like you are making a case for a moral victory to me.
    L-)
    edited May 2011
    I'd expect nothing else from a Blackhawks fan. I still think we can win this series. If we don't, I trust our front office to fix the problems. I have faith in my team right now and in the future, so I am being optimistic. That is all. =;
    I have faith in my team also, alot of faith actually. I see this team winning at least another 2 cups with this nucleus, but if you're not first you're last and they didn't get it done this year.
    edited May 2011
    Alrighty Ricky Bobby. Just don't mistake optimism for a moral victory.
    I would think that you would expect more from your team than to be happy with a moral victory. and yes that Ricky Bobby quote was no accident. B-)
    edited May 2011
    I would think that you would expect more from your team than to be happy with a moral victory. and yes that Ricky Bobby quote was no accident. B-)
    The Wings are pissed and they damn well should be. They should have won last night and blew it. But they still believe they can come back, and I do too. B-)

I love that movie, btw.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Alrighty Ricky Bobby.
    :-))
    wings should of won game one, that's about it
    That was our worst game of the series............. <_>
    That's true, but we still got totally outplayed.
    They're not mutually exclusive.....sure, we probably should have stolen Game 1, but we played better than San Jose and should have won last night. <_>