Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Blackhawks , red wings > flyers
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i watched a little of the Coyotes game last night and saw an example why teams like the Red Wings, Penguins and Canadiens disgust me. Holstrem holds a stick, Coyotes player gets the penalty and the result is the Red Wings 3rd goal. that is one of my biggest pet peeves, players that cheat to get power plays. It is disgusting to the game of hockey, and to the players that actually play the game. those type of cheating plays should result in league review and suspension....especially if it is a game changer, like that one was
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    edited April 2011
    i watched a little of the Coyotes game last night and saw an example why teams like the Red Wings, Penguins and Canadiens disgust me. Holstrem holds a stick, Coyotes player gets the penalty and the result is the Red Wings 3rd goal. that is one of my biggest pet peeves, players that cheat to get power plays. It is disgusting to the game of hockey, and to the players that actually play the game. those type of cheating plays should result in league review and suspension....especially if it is a game changer, like that one was
    *facepalm*

If you had watched the whole game, you would have seen the calls went both ways, John. The Coyotes got 4 power plays in the first period before we got one, including a 5-on-3 for a minute and a half. Most of the calls were bullshit. The officiating in general was horrible last night, I'd rather just let them play. But they didn't, and so both teams got power plays when they didn't deserve it. The difference was the Wings were able to take advantage and the Coyotes were not. I know you hate the Wings, but please watch the whole game if you're going to accuse us of cheating.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    ref calls going one way or another i understand. intentionally doing something to get a call is what my complaint is. yes, i missed the whole first period, and turned it off after that, so didnt watch most of the game. I am hoping with Kovalov gone, i won't see much of that tonight with the bruins / habs game.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    BUUUUUUUUUUURN!
    Players do shit to get calls all the time. It's much worse in basketball and soccer. The calls went both ways yesterday and they had a few more power plays than we did. And the game had already turned before that penalty anyway, Franzen's goal really broke the Yotes last night.
    its NOT the call that pissed me off. it was Holstrem holding onto the stick and not letting go, to get the call
    And that's how players draw penalties all the time, geez. Holmstrom gets his fair share of bad calls against him. See: phantom goalie interference.
    And that's how players draw penalties all the time, geez. Holmstrom gets his fair share of bad calls against him. See: phantom goalie interference.
    having a well coached / well disciplined team means that a team doesn't have to resort to cheap shot "drawing penalties". i never see the Bruins do anything like that, but have seen the B's be the victims of bad calls from other teams doing it. as a fan of hockey, it is ridiculous for a professional player to resort to that

and i'm not trolling you...it really does piss me off
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    you do what it takes to win
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    well anyways, instead of pissing and moaning about last night, tonight we got the Bruins vs Habs and Flyers vs Sabres. both should be excellent games
    when i played hockey i've had guys grab my stick and then do alittle dance and fall down, sometimes i got the penalty sometimes they got a holding penalty.
    edited April 2011
    You're not trolling, but you're unnecessarily blaming one player for something that happens all the time and gets called both ways. The Wings were one of the least penalized teams in the league during the regular season. They're not a cheap team. They are generally very well-disciplined.
    You're not trolling, but you're unnecessarily blaming one player for something that happens all the time and gets called both ways. The Wings were one of the least penalized teams in the league during the regular season. They're not a cheap team. They are generally very well-disciplined.
    a couple years back, the Bruins played Montreal in the playoffs. Montreal ended up with 6 consecutive power plays in one game, all from diving plays (one where the Bruins player was clearly too far away to even touch the habs player). It is frustrating to watch a game, where all those cheap plays are happening. the timing of the penalties made it so the B's had no chance of a comeback. Kovalov drew a couple of those penalties. just hard to watch....
    GO BRUINS!!!
    fixed

but i want to see the french riot when they win