Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    they have NHL on the fly on the NHL network
    Thats where i get it
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    they have NHL on the fly on the NHL network
    Thats where i get it
    I wouldnt get it though without NHL center ice, i know some people do, but my cable network doesnt provide it. i pay $170 a season for NHL center ice and its well worth it especially for the 1st 2 rounds of the playoffs...
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Hey Red wings....10-3 :-))
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i am no longer worried about the red wings....cant blame the refs for that one
    damn, i haven't seen double digits in a longg time, yikes :-ss
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    because they have contracts with those sports
    but they also talk about hockey, just for like 30 seconds each show...
    They have to put the sports they have contracts with first. I will never forgive Gary Bettman, because he not only allowed the lockout to happen, he lost the contract with ESPN. Hockey is on the way up, but it needs to be back on ESPN again for it to get back to where it was when it was really popular.
    You do NOT want ESPN any more. Trust me.

Mid 90's NASCAR was on ESPN and it was great. Then they weren't until 2007.
    Since 2007 ESPN has been horrible. They barely cover it on sportscenter, the show they have sucks, and their actual race coverage is terrible. They are always being delayed because other sports pre-empt it. ESPN is the worst.

I honestly hope that they stick with Versus. It is so much better than ESPN will be if they go back
    Want to know why? Cause Nascar is like the 10th popular "sport" here in America. Why have coverage of something that no one really gives a shit about? It's all about ratings and popularity. Hockey is starting to gain it's momentum again and The Winter Classic proved that one. ESPN is always covering hockey, so one day it will be on ESPN. Just wait B-)
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    lol right....one game defines your season. Our goaltending was awful. Our defense was too, but our goaltending was horrid. We'll be fine. We got blown out by Columbus and Nashville by 8 in 2009 and made the Finals. b-(
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    sure that wasn't the Rams - Lions score?
    lol right....one game defines your season. Our goaltending was awful. Our defense was too, but our goaltending was horrid. We'll be fine. We got blown out by Columbus and Nashville by 8 in 2009 and made the Finals. b-(
    {Upload|7363}
    edited March 2011
    {Upload|7363}
    Not at all. I didn't even watch the game, just the highlights. Brad is right, MacDonald was horrible. Now, a lot of times our defense was standing around anyway, but those are stops that you have to make when you play goalie in the NHL. If we get killed against Nashville, then I will worry. But Howard is supposed to play, and I think we'll respond as we need to.
    Want to know why? Cause Nascar is like the 10th popular "sport" here in America. Why have coverage of something that no one really gives a shit about? It's all about ratings and popularity. Hockey is starting to gain it's momentum again and The Winter Classic proved that one. ESPN is always covering hockey, so one day it will be on ESPN. Just wait B-)
    Try 2nd most popular sport. 2nd in ratings only to the NFL. The Daytona 500 has beaten the Winter Classic in ratings every year the Classic has been in existance. Nice try though.

Awesome Islanders/Rangers game tonight. Isles win 6-2. Rangers whine like babies. Haley kicked the shit out of Avery. Avery's left eye was completely bloodied. Maybe a broken orbital bone. Loved it.

Rangers only 3 pts up on Carolina. Actually hoping the Canes beat the Isles in OT saturday.

George, your Flyers better beat the Rags on Sunday. Keep them out of the playoffs.

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Sharks wit dat shut out
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Try 2nd most popular sport. 2nd in ratings only to the NFL. The Daytona 500 has beaten the Winter Classic in ratings every year the Classic has been in existance. Nice try though.

LOLWUT? Nascar is not the 2nd most popular "sport" in America. You are out of your mind if you actually think that when it comes to popularity and ratings.

Football
    Basketball
    Baseball
    Hockey
    Soccer

are what round off the top 5 in America. Also factor in college sports as well which is just as popular as NFL and NBA. Nascar doesn't not come no where near the top of the list in popular sports. I'm sure it get's more ratings than Hockey, but no where near Football and Basketball. What are you smoking man <_>

LOLWUT? Nascar is not the 2nd most popular "sport" in America. You are out of your mind if you actually think that when it comes to popularity and ratings.

Football
    Basketball
    Baseball
    Hockey
    Soccer

are what round off the top 5 in America. Also factor in college sports as well which is just as popular as NFL and NBA. Nascar doesn't not come no where near the top of the list in popular sports. I'm sure it get's more ratings than Hockey, but no where near Football and Basketball. What are you smoking man <_>
    Dude I'm not kidding you. For almost this entire decade, pretty much from 2003 until about 2 years ago, NASCAR has been number 2 in ratings behind only the NFL. Be too stubborn to believe it. I don't care. But I'm not kidding. I'm not making it up either.

God Nascar sucks.
    Sharks wit dat shut out
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    X(
    Still so happy over beating the Rags tonight. And seeing Avery's bloody eye. Great night
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koFs3__fMa8

For those that wish to see Haley beat the shit out of Avery. Here you go.
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    dallas lost 6-0? :-))
    >:p
    dallas lost 6-0? :-))
    That's nothing to laugh about.....