Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mike Portnoy to abandon Avenged Sevenfold at the end of 2010

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Portnoy will probably make plenty of moolah off of the Nightmare royalties...
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Lalalalala so no one can get it :)
    Copin' my style of selfessness?

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I wanna live up to my reputation that Leah says I have, so I'm gonna babble right now about how amazing BMTH is and do it daily.

BMTH IS FUCKING AMAZING.
    BMTH MAKES ME JIZZ.
    BMTH IS GOD.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    watch DT not take him back if he goes back...
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    This saddens me I was hoping to see them with portnoy
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Whoa, I still don't care.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'll be the first to say that this is the first step for Portnoy to regain my fanaticism.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • katiakatia Posts: 4,358 just the tip
    I feel like I should care but I don't
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    I feel like I should care but I don't
    I'm just glad he's out of A7X. Thats about it.
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    edited December 2010
    And not a single fuck was given that day.

I told everyone he wouldn't be a permanent replacement but did you listen? No.....you knew better. Now I can say it. I TOLD YOU SO!!!! Hahahahahaha
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    "M Shadows has spoken out about the band’s split with Mike Portnoy and accused the ex-Dream Theater man of being too “press-release” happy about his split from DT.
    Speaking to Pulse Of Radio, Avenged Sevenfold frontman has told the US station that the band wasn’t too happy about the drama that surrounded Mike Portnoy’ split from Dream Theater.
    “We were actually a little more shocked,” M. Shadows said. “We felt that maybe both parties could have handled it a little more internally without being so press release-happy about what had happened between them. Because we’re a band that, really, when it comes to news all over web sites or this or that about bands, you know, we don’t tweet much, we don’t try to put ourselves out that much, and all the drama and controversy wasn’t something that we wanted at all.”
    imageimage
    "M Shadows has spoken out about the band’s split with Mike Portnoy and accused the ex-Dream Theater man of being too “press-release” happy about his split from DT.
    Speaking to Pulse Of Radio, Avenged Sevenfold frontman has told the US station that the band wasn’t too happy about the drama that surrounded Mike Portnoy’ split from Dream Theater.
    “We were actually a little more shocked,” M. Shadows said. “We felt that maybe both parties could have handled it a little more internally without being so press release-happy about what had happened between them. Because we’re a band that, really, when it comes to news all over web sites or this or that about bands, you know, we don’t tweet much, we don’t try to put ourselves out that much, and all the drama and controversy wasn’t something that we wanted at all.”
    Someone needs to shut that idiot up, if he can't handle the fact that Portnoy leaving Dream Theatre is bigger news than the Rev dying then he needs to grow up.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I don't really have a problem with how Portnoy handled leaving Dream Theater.....it was kind of a big deal.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, but I also think the problems in Dream Theater were put on a spotlight so it made more retarded drama. Revs death was kinda a big deal but there wasn't a lot of drama surrounding it like the Dream Theater thing. But if they thought it was going to be hush hush, especially with the tensions in the band...then shame on avenged
    imageimage
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    This saddens me I was hoping to see them with portnoy
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    this is like the 5th thread on mike portnoy, who gives a shit about this faggot
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Lol I love how the dream theater fan boys are defending him so much. It's true what he says though it was like bullshit high school drama with them releasing stuff back and forth all the time. Nobody gives a shit.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    this is like the 5th thread on mike portnoy, who gives a shit about this faggot
    =D>
    this is like the 5th thread on Avenged Sevenfold, who gives a shit about these faggots
    I do agree on your point about Portnoy though.
    "Oh dear, Michael. It would appear as though Mr Portnoy has approached Dream theater about patching up their differences, only to be told that the door is now closed. Get the full amazing statement inside! See Dream Theater at High Voltage festival!

The following post comes from Mike Portnoy himself:
    “Fairly recently, I reached out to the guys to try and make amends and offered to reconcile for the sake of having peace back in our lives…(plus I know how much it meant to a lot of the fans…)

“I figured it was still possible to try and save us because they hadn’t made any announcements yet or begun any public activity with another drummer…but sadly, they declined my offer (well, actually their lawyer did…they didn’t even tell me themselves….)
    “Sorry gang, I honestly gave it my all…

“So now the fans on my twitter and facebook can please stop asking me to go back to DT…I tried, and the door is now shut…the ball is now in their court, not mine…

“PS – I’m not crying or looking for mercy by posting this…I am merely trying to set the record straight as that is always the most important thing about my relationship with you guys…no BS, no spins, nothing to hide…and for better or for worse, I tell it like it is…

“I’ve also recently seen some people accuse my online activity of ‘looking for attention or media coverage’, or ‘Looking for sympathy’, but it’s honestly none of the above…I merely value having an open and active communication with my fans…always have, always will…it is the cornerstone of everything I’ve done since day #1 with DT…”
    imageimage