Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mike Portnoy to abandon Avenged Sevenfold at the end of 2010

Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
edited December 2010 in Off Topic
Yes, the rumours are true...sadly my time with Avenged Sevenfold has come to an end...

The band has decided to carry on into 2011 without me...I had a great time with them throughout 2010, but it was their choice to end the relationship at the end of 2010 as was always the initial plan....

I had an awesome time on stage with the guys every night and have so many cool memories from the experience with them...I am proud to always be part of the A7X family and history.

I also adore the A7X fans and totally appreciate the way they welcomed me aboard and were so loving and supportive during my time with the band...thank you!

As far as my future, I am excited by the endless musical possibilities that lie ahead of me...my love for music runs very deep and my taste is very broad and ecclectic which will give me the chance to explore many different things and collaborate with many great friends and artists I admire and respect...

Happy Holidaze to you all and c-ya in the New Year,
MP

Comments

• Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    wonder if he'll rejoin Dream Theater as theyre planning on recording their new album in jan
  • MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    that would explain this

Orange County, California's AVENGED SEVENFOLD has pulled out of the 2011 edition of Australia's Soundwave festival, set to take place in late February/early March.

The band's official statement on the matter reads as follows:

"AVENGED SEVENFOLD regretfully announce they will not be performing at the upcoming Soundwave in Australia. After much effort, the band decided that they could not offer fans the live experience they have come to expect and didn’t want to disappoint them. AVENGED SEVENFOLD will return to Australia soon to headline their own tour."

Soundwave festival dates are as follows:

Feb. 26 - Brisbane, Showgrounds
    Feb. 27 - Sydney, Eastern Creek Raceway
    Mar. 04 - Melbourne, Showgrounds
    Mar. 05 - Adelaide, Bonython Park
    Mar. 07 - Perth, Steel Blue Oval

AVENGED SEVENFOLD will begin a new trek with STONE SOUR and HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD, called "The Nightmare Before Christmas", on January 20 in Reading, Pennsylvania.

AVENGED SEVENFOLD continues to tour behind its fifth album, "Nightmare", which came out this past July.

"Nightmare", the fifth album from AVENGED SEVENFOLD, sold 162,500 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at the top of The Billboard 200 chart.

AVENGED SEVENFOLD's self-titled fourth album opened with 94,000 units back in November 2007, nearly three times what its 2005 effort, "City of Evil", sold in its biggest week on the chart.

"Nightmare" was completed after the death of drummer Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, who passed away last December following an overdose of prescription drugs and alcohol.

The band recruited DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy to play on the new album and all the band's 2010 tour dates.

Portnoy made his concert debut with the band on July 25 as they played live for the first time since Sullivan's death at the Heavy MTL festival in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I don't think he will. There was problems between members in that band. And after he split for time...they made things a little worse. Kinda like letting the cat out of the bag
    imageimage
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    so who's the drummer on the tour in january?
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Portnoy is retarded

/thread

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Fuck this stupid fucking homo.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Happy for MP. He made that paper and is now living life.
  • MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    my post is irrelevant hahaha I didn't realize the Stone Sour tour was before those dates :/
    its not like the Rev had complex drum parts. I'm sure they can find someone (in before erik asshurt)

I heard rumors that their new Drummer is gonna be Travis Smith (Trivium's old Drummer.)
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Aww..so much anger and for really no reason
    imageimage
    uh, if you actually read the statement, it was the band who decided to go their seperate ways, not Portnoy
    its not like the Rev had complex drum parts. I'm sure they can find someone (in before erik asshurt)
    HA! That's what you think. He's drumming isn't easy as it sounds.
    if they end up cancelling the american tour, i'll eat my words, but i def think they'll find someone before then (also erik said that rumor has it they might get triviums original drummer)
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    They probably pulled out of that festival to avoid being raped by Iron Maiden.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    edited December 2010
    about a7x thats an overstatement for a band that suxed ass

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

Dude, I could be their Drummer. Lol. I can play like all of their songs. Only one I have a problem nailing is Blinded In Chains, because of that hurta (Sp?) in the middle.
    if they end up cancelling the american tour, i'll eat my words, but i def think they'll find someone before then (also erik said that rumor has it they might get triviums original drummer)
    No they will find someone. I'm not saying it's completely complex and impossible. It's just no easy as it sounds.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    It's been only a year. He doesn't have that much paper, bitch should have waited two years.

It's been only a year. He doesn't have that much paper, bitch should have waited two years.
    Naw mayne. Avenged make that millions paper and did UpRoar and some other shows. MP just made more paper then he ever as with DT. If he would have stayed he would be Oprah rich though.