Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

UFC on Fox (Official MMA thread)

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    I think I'm taking barboza and cejudo for my upsets for this parlay. I don't know if cejudo will win but it's the only way to make any real money off 30-40 dollars for this card. He does always seem to rise to the occasion so we will see. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    How you holding up Rex?

You've been on the UFC company dick so hard lately that one might think you were drawing a paycheck from them. This Conner situation must have you feeling like a kid whose parents are getting divorced and you're stuck in the middle.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    I haven't been on the company dick. I have been supportive of the matchmaking. Honestly don't care because this isn't much different Thant the nick Diaz situation a few years back. 
    Props to Conor on his statement he released. Fuck Dana if he doesn't want to let him fight because his ego is too big. 
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited April 2016
    What a fucking diva. One loss and he's broken beyond believe. Nate legitimately broke this dude. 
    Huh?

his desire is to be the best fighter. To do that he does have to get back to training and what got him to where he's at. Maybe if Ronda had taken this same stance she wouldn't have gotten head kicked into oblivion. 
    edited April 2016
    He's 100% correct too. Why should he have to go to Vegas in the middle of camp? He's done more PR than any fighter to date and his retirement tweet got 30k more retweets than any sports story last year, which was Kobe announcing his retirement. That tweet alone garnered more pub than any thing he was going to do this weekend lol. 
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    So did he retire for reals or spoken on the subject at all yet?

I don't follow UFC for shit so after he said he retired, and Dana retaliated by pulling him from 200 I lost my shit laughing because it sounded like 

I QUIT 

-YOU CAN'T QUIT, YOU'RE FIRED
    image Photobucket
    edited April 2016
    nah it was move he made to show the ufc how much pub he truly can garner. His statement this morning already has 140K shares on Facebook and close to 50K retweets. A good portion of the fighters and MMA media are also siding with conor. Hes handled this perfectly even if he doesn't  get to fight at 200.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    And a lot of others smell bullshit. Some think he is pulling out of the fight because he made a heat of the moment decision to get that win back and he's figured out how fucked he is if he loses again. Others think it's a ploy to get out of getting piss tested. Others think it's to end up fighting in the Garden.

Nobody will know anything for sure until it's made official by the drug testing commission. Both Conner and the UFC exist to hype shit up for money. Even stopping the title won't prove anything for certain. A lot of people say he's not likely to go back down to fw. Some people say my love cannot be true. Some people also think the Earth is flat.

An official retirement will have legal obligations and implications for him though. If he "unretires" after making it official (which also excludes him from drug testing) he has to wait 4 months before he can fight again.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    So did he retire for reals or spoken on the subject at all yet?

I don't follow UFC for shit so after he said he retired, and Dana retaliated by pulling him from 200 I lost my shit laughing because it sounded like 

I QUIT 

-YOU CAN'T QUIT, YOU'RE FIRED
    Today he said he's not retiring. So i think it was the opposite.

YOU'RE FIRED

YOU CANT FIRE ME CUZ I QUIT

JK I DONT QUIT
    Well considering he hasn't retired, and still wants to fight at 200 i highly doubt its a  drug testing thing. Conor is ahead of the game but he has been tested thoroughly over the last year and can still be tested at any time. Just doesn't add up. This is just dana trying to prove he has a bigger dick than conor. 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    I love being on that company dick

edited April 2016
    lol kill yourself. you probably couldn't even name a lot of fighters in the top ten of most the divisions. I watch fights from all different organizations all over the world not just limited to MMA. Fuck i even watch BJJ tournaments when i can find them. you can stay paper doe. 
    You continue to call me paper when you started watching after the first season of TUF =)))))))

Champ said:
    idk, i think with the training kimbo is putting in hes got a good shot
    About Kimbo possibly facing Forrest =)))

>ghost in this thread till about a few months ago
    >only thing could post was about Anderson Silva
    =))

edited April 2016
    :|

i only just recently even watched the finale for that. Iv been a fan since pretty much the beginning. Like i said before me and my dad would watch the tournaments  for free on our cable box with the chip in it. 

I always liked it but over the last couple years i have gotten into it pretty hardcore. the evolution of the sport fascinates me.  I record and watch a lot of the WSOF and bellator stuff as well. I watch most of the smaller events they have on fight pass. Ill be watching EBI on sunday. 

You think you can fool us into thinking you are a fan because there was one picture of you hitting pads? lol 

I've been training since I was 16. Currently training with Myles Jury and Big Don. Team fights this Saturday. I'll be in attendance. Continue only watching UFC doe and believing everything Dana says. Shit I remember when you were sucking boxing's dick and I was the only one defending mma. You don't fool anyone. You saying you love all things mma is like you saying you have hair. We all know it's a lie.