Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Hey! You Philly fuck!

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    They is one of my favorites and I just discovered they released a DVD I never knew about. It came in and I can't wait to watch it after work. Also may make the 4 hour drive to Cleveland for the show
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i seen the dvd, the show looked madd fun, they open the show with boneyards, it's kickass!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_1WWJhQGbE
    I've seen them 4 times. They actually remember me everytime I see them. First time I saw them was at warped tour I was walking around with a parkway shirt on and the merch guy stopped me because he didn't think they sold that shirt in the US. He called Winston and jeff over and I talked to them for a bit.

When I saw them on the killswitch tour I walked into the venue and Winston stopped me by their merch table and said hey dude I remember you from warped tour. When they were playing their set one of them broke their guitar an had to fix it real quick and while everyone was standing around I yelled " play guns for show knives for a pro!" they said alright and played it as a four piece. Talked to Winston after he said they weren't going to play that that night but figured why not.

I saw them a couple years later same deal they remembered me and I played pool with them until their set.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    awesome! i think the dvd was shot in their hometown of sydney australia! lets take a road trip/boat trip/plane trip and go see them in their hometown! we can also go to wolf creek!
    They are from Byron bay not sure how close that is to sydney but I have always wanted to go there.
    10 MOST DISSAPOINTING LOSSES IN PHILADELPHIA SPORTS HISTORY(this is depressing)

By Big Daddy Graham
    CSNPhilly.com Contributor

It’s Tuesday. I’m watching Daily News Live. The Michael Vick interception that crushes yet another Super bowl dream is unfolding before me yet again. I’ve seen this disaster dozens of times by now and it still makes me bottom out like Matt Damon at the beginning of “Rounders” when he loses his future to Teddy KGB.

I haven’t been able to drink for almost a year now due to my illness, but believe me I was reaching for the bottle.

So, it made me wonder where this play is going to rank with the all-time crushing defeats in Billy Penn’s history. (Whoops! Shouldn’t bring up that guy)

I’m going to leave Sunday’s loss out of the picture because it hasn’t stood the test of time, but I have a strong hunch when I revisit this list even three years from now, it’ll be there.

Here we go!

10. June 9, 2010: Blackhawks 4, Flyers 3, Stanley Cup Finals
    Yeah, I know, it might be too soon to include this heartbreak, but I was bedridden for that entire Stanley Cup run and had watched every second of every battle, including the epic come from behind miracle against the Bruins. They were more than a team to me, they were a lifeline to the outside world that I needed to get back to. Well, I get back on the air after a hundred days and what’s the first story I get to talk about? A horrible loss with that stupid Patrick Kane OT goal that Michael Leighton will see in his sleep for the rest of his life. Geez, I still see it.

9. January 10, 2003: Bucs 27, Eagles 10, NFC Championship
    The Birds had beaten the Bucs four straight times. The Bucs had never won a playoff game on the road, and their record with the temperature below 32 degrees was like 0-314. It was the last game at the Vet -- all this with a Super Bowl on the line. Rumor has it that Joe Jurevicius relives his historic run every summer in the parking lot.

8. May 31, 1987: Edmonton 3, Flyers 1, Stanley Cup Finals
    I was performing at a comedy club in Virginia Beach with Jimmy Carroll, one of Philly’s best standup comics. Jimmy was a huge Flyers fan and there was no way he was going to miss this game. Now remember, this is 1987 and TV technology was nothing like it is today. We actually went to a videotape store (remember those?) and rented a VCR that we hooked up to our motel room TV so we could record and watch the game after the show. We had to get this wire, this jack, but a blank tape, to make it all work. It took us all hours to get it all together. We actually got the entire process to work and back to the cheap motel we went after our show had concluded. And for what?!

7. October 4, 1964: Cardinals 11, Mets 5
    THIS was the actual game that ended the legendary collapse of the ’64 Phils’ season. The Phils, after losing ten straight and blowing a 6.5 game lead down the stretch, had done their part by actually winning the final game of the season, but needed the Mets to win to take the pennant. Alas, it was not to be and this was the year that led to “Negadelphia” and the whole “woe is me” attitude this town carried on its back for decades. I finally believe that feeling is gone in this town.

6. October 23, 2010: Giants 3, Phillies 2, NLCS
    He, Ryan Howard, struck out looking. Looking!

6a. St. Tommy Moore 74, West Catholic 60
    A million years ago. I nailed two free throws with no time on the clock to send the game into overtime in Tommy Moore’s tiny, packed gym. Clutch, eh? Without a doubt, my shining moment in a pathetically mediocre sports career. I was mobbed by my teammates as I triumphantly left the floor. Then Tommy Moore outscored us 18-4 in the OT and that “one shining moment” was completely forgotten forever!

5. May 16, 1980: Lakers 123, Sixers 107, NBA Finals
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar’s ankle is hobbled and he won’t play in Game 6 of the NBA Finals in Philly. No Kareem! I’m in the nosebleed seats and there’s no way we’re not sending this back to L.A. (The NBA had not adopted the 2-3-3 format yet) Laker coach Paul Westhead decides to jump center with his point guard, rookie Magic Johnson. Magic proceeds to play every position, scoring 42 points, grabbing 15 rebounds, dishing out seven assists and blocking three shots. I remember driving home on that cold, drizzly, Friday night. I rolled down the window of my ’66 Ford Galaxie 500 and screamed “let’s go Flyers.” That didn’t work out either.

4. March 27, 2004: Oklahoma State 64, St. Joe’s 62, NCAA Tournament, Elite Eight
    Ten seconds. Three incredible mood swings. With a trip to the Final Four at stake, Pat Carroll hit a late three-pointer to put St. Joe’s up by one. We were all booking flights to San Antonio. In the blink of an eye, John Lucas III (yes, the son of that former Sixers coach), who was 2-for-11 from the three-point line at that point, drilled a three. Then College Player of the Year Jameer Nelson got a good look, but his fade-away jumper ticked off the rim. The Hawks – undefeated in the regular season – went home empty. Absolutely crushing. I grew up with Phil Martelli. Played on the same teams and streets with him. It killed me.

3. October 7, 1977: Dodgers 6, Phillies 5, NLCS “Black Friday”
    Game 3 of a best-of-five NLCS against the Dodgers. The series was tied at a game apiece. The Phils had a 5-3 lead in the ninth with two outs and nobody on, and reliever Gene Garber on the mound. In every similar game situation that season, manager Danny Ozark replaced defensive liability Greg Luzinski with Jerry Martin. Not this night. Up came 41-year-old Vic Davalillo, who incredibly beat out a bunt. Then, 39-year-old Manny Mota lifted a fly ball to the left that Luzinski butchered, allowing Davalillo to score and – when Tom Sizemore messed up a relay – Mota moved to third. (Most fans have forgotten Sizemore’s key error over the years). Davey Lopes then hit a smash that caromed off Mike Schmidt right to shortstop Larry Bowa, who quickly threw to first. Replays show that the throw beat Lopes, but umpire Bruce Froemming blew the call, allowing the tying run to score. Then Garber’s pickoff attempt (what was he thinking?) eluded first basemen Richie Hebner, moving Lopes to second. He promptly scored on Bill Russell’s single up the middle.

The Phils, of course, failed to score in the ninth. A day that started off with so much promise and elation – as fans booed Dodgers pitcher Burt Hooton so loudly that he walked in three straight runs in the second – ended in another suicide alert for long-suffering Phillies fans. I drove my brother Tony home after the game. Between getting out of the stadium, getting to the car, fighting traffic, an hour and fifteen minutes elapsed before I dropped him off. And we never said one word to each other.

2. February 6, 2005: Patriots 24, Eagles 21, Super Bowl XXXIX
    At one point, during that infamous fourth quarter drive by the Eagles, where they were taking forever to get off a play, an incredulous Patriots head coach Bill Belichick turned to an assistant and said “We got the lead, right?” Will we ever get that close again?

1. October 23, 1993: Blue Jays 8, Phils 6, World Series
    I watched it in a hotel room in Richmond, Va. between shows. I was with another Philly comic by the name of John Delvecchio. As Mitch Williams trotted in to pitch the ninth with the Phils clinging to a 6-5 lead, John turned to me and said “I’m going back to the club. It’s over.” And this was before Mitch even threw one pitch. As devastating as this defeat still is, I think it says a great deal about Philly sports fans that today Mitch is so beloved in this town. All we ask is that a man gives his all and owns up when it doesn’t work out. Mitch Williams is living proof that of that.

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Okay my thing with this is you fuckers are spoiled. It's not the end of the world you recently got a world series win. You have an NFL team that makes the playlets on a regular basis and an owner that gives a fuck and a good hockey team. Not to mention your probably going to win the world series again with the pitching staff you have.

Now look at what I have. An NFL team that's made the playoffs 8 times in it's history and the super bowl twice but lost to the 49's one of which was at the last second. We have a reds team that has won several world series but since 91 has only made the playoffs once, this year. Teachnically twice if you count the one game play in game in 99. I was not around here when the bengals made the super bowl and was only 3 last time the reds won the world series.

So in sumation, quit yer bitchin. Philly has a lot more good than bad.
    Philly fans think they're better than everyone now?

1st place > 2nd place
    Philly fans think they're better than everyone now?
    Now? We always have been...
    i wasn't bitching ape, i just posted an interesting article...
    i wasn't bitching ape, i just posted an interesting article...
    George <_>

There's no need to rank most upsetting e biggest heartbreak when you have what you have now
    Philly fans are better than everyone.
    Patriots, Celtics, and Red Sox would like to have a word with you.

Ed <_>
    Ape <_>

what do we have? 1 world series in 30 years?
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    You said it. They'd like a word with you.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    Philly fans are better than everyone.
    Patriots, Celtics, and Red Sox would like to have a word with you.
    b-(
    Philly fans would like to have a fist with you
    You said it. They'd like a word with you.
    But you changed my shit.