Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Hey! You Philly fuck!

14567810»

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Ape, the Reds have a chance....

a chance to loose to the Phillies again!
    That they do

You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I know you always down with NE, but you were my only Eagles friend :((
    I like the Eagles, because I like Vick. I wanted the Eagles to beat GB.
    I know, i knew it could go either way before it started. i was just hoping the offense would catch fire like they did against NY. the Eagles failed us. Go Atlanta!
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Our boy Chew is watching The Social Network right now and he said "great movie thus far".

Our boy Chew is watching The Social Network right now and he said "great movie thus far".
    I gots to watch this again. Like I said, bitches were talking during the movie and shit, maybe i just had a negative vibe throughout. cuz everyone else seems to like it. I'll se it again soo, my bro has netflix, i'll go watch it with him. every time i hear a good review, i wanna see it again.
    edited January 2011
    edited January 2011
    B-)
    Post edited by HOODS on
    10 Philly sports tough guys

“I know what you’re thinking, punk. Did I fire all six bullets or only five?

“Well?

“Do you feel lucky, punk?”

Clint Eastwood turned 81 this week and Al Morganti and I had a conversation on the air about how there doesn’t seem to be any new tough guys coming up through the ranks. I mean, Clint was it: the ultimate badass.

He was on Oprah once promoting a movie and he brought his new wife along. (Clint has had seven kids by five different women, by the way.)

His new wife was more than 30 years younger than him, and when Oprah asked Eastwood if he had any reservations about her, he replied in that classic, barely audible Clint voice, “Well, if she dies, she dies.”

What Al was saying was they don’t seem to make 'em like Charles Bronson, Lee Marvin, Jack Palance, Richard Widmark and Robert Mitchum anymore.

When I opened this up to listeners on WIP, we kept getting names like Sly Stallone, Steven Segal, Bruce Willis, Robert DeNiro, Samuel L. Jackson … but all of those guys are well over 50 or 60 years old.

When I then stressed we’re looking for newer, younger tough guys who had to be at least under 50, we did get some macho guys like Russell Crowe, Jason Statham, Vin Diesel and James Gandolfini. The only two we got that were under 40 were The Rock (and you gotta question whether he’s really an actor or not) and Mark Wahlberg.

Despite the fact we were talking tough guys, Snooki got two votes.

Maybe Al was right. Maybe they don’t make them as tough as they used to. So I thought: why not take a look at our current crop of Philly athletes and see if this theory applies to today’s sports? While I don’t expect to find anyone along the line of “Concrete Charlie” Chuck Bednarik, let’s see how we do.

Please remember this is for local athletes and sports figures who are still doing their thing, so that will leave the likes of John Chaney off.

10. Ed Snider
    That’s Mr. Snider to you, punk. The man is 76 years old and still commands the attention and respect he did when he was just starting out going eyeball-to-eyeball with the Russians.

9. Carlos Ruiz
    So he’s forced to play third base in that 19-inning marathon last week against the Reds and what does he do? Goes head-first over the tarp and into the stands trying to catch a foul ball. And no one hangs in there and takes a nasty collision at the plate like Chooch. He’s maybe my favorite Phil.

8. Danny Briere
    Briere is often the smallest guy on the ice and usually the dirtiest. Scrappy, never intimidated and tough as nails, he would get my vote for who should really be the captain of the Flyers.

7. Doug Collins
    He was a tough player, but he faced a lot of medical problems this year and I never saw a coach put more of himself into his job facing the problems that he had. There were times when I thought he was just going to burst on the sidelines. Boy, the man can sweat!

6. Angelo Cataldi
    Everyone knows Angelo as the great morning show host at WIP, but it’s as an athlete where his toughness shines through. I once saw him hit a screaming line drive in a charity softball game that bounced about three feet from home plate. Once he almost won an arm wrestling match with a 10-year-old kid that people are still talking about. Then there was his legendary 100-yard dash against a nun during which he pulled a hamstring. Nothing spells tough like Cataldi.

5. Chase Utley
    He’ll take a 100-mile fastball and let it plunk him in the thigh, the head, the arm, the chest … he doesn’t care. He’ll calmly flip the bat and jog down the base path and take his base. Anything for the team.

4. Chris Pronger
    Pronger scares the hell out of opponents, refs, media, even his teammates. You better have a reason to even be standing next to him.

3. Michael Vick
    Try to forget his past for a moment. I know it’s hard. But damn, this guy is absolutely fearless when he takes off with the ball.

2. Ian Laperriere
    What can you say about a man who got once blocked a shot with his face? “Lappy” received more votes from my callers than anyone on this list.

1. Bernard Hopkins
    I know we all wish he would just quit all his whining about Donovan McNabb (and I’m not even a big McNabb fan), but there’s no denying he’s an incredible champion that is always in the most phenomenal shape. He just dares you to hurt him, and you just can’t. Oh, did I mention he’s 46?

I want to thank everyone for the phenomenal response to last week’s Jersey Shore list. Just do me a favor and post your responses here at CSNPhilly. I’m sure there’s a tough athlete or actor that you think I should have mentioned.

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Philly fans would like to fist you
    cause philly fans are gay

"That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer

I could be a bitch with a really harsh retort, but I'll let that go.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Phillies and Marlins lost for the second straight night, Braves won, only 2.5 back!!!!!! \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/
    inb4lists
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    \:D/
    inb4lists
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers

I could be a bitch with a really harsh retort, but I'll let that go.
    no no, please be a bitch and tell me your harsh retort :-))
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie