Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Heard something that sounded like something else a couple times but couldn't fucking place it. Thanks to the comments for pointing out it was shine on you crazy diamond. Coincidence he also said uncomfortably numb?
    image Photobucket
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Baroness was always like red fang to me, respectable but never got the hype.. I'll give it a chance tho
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I've kind of lost interest in them recently. The new song (and all of their last album really) weren't even metal. Not saying it was bad but i preferred their sludge stuff.
    The artwork was always cool but a lot of these sludge bands just put out these riffy albums that are fun to smoke and drink to but lack substance IMO .. Like take down Nola for example.. Not one baroness song touches anything off that album.. The problem with most these bands are not the riffs but the vocalist/lyrics.. What separates baroness from ten other sludge bands?
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,667 spicy boy
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Red album > EPs > Blue record > rest
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Download link for Got Your Six?
    I think they're streaming it through Blabbermouth or something
    The artwork was always cool but a lot of these sludge bands just put out these riffy albums that are fun to smoke and drink to but lack substance IMO .. Like take down Nola for example.. Not one baroness song touches anything off that album.. The problem with most these bands are not the riffs but the vocalist/lyrics.. What separates baroness from ten other sludge bands?
    You could say that about any genre of metal though. Just because they dont do something different doesnt mean they're not doing something right.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    the new song sounds great. I dont mind that they dont have much of the real stoner metal sound anymore.
    I love winning with women
    In order to be a great  band you need something that separates you from the pack.. Idk like I said when compared to elite sludge albums like leviathan Nola through silver in blood paegan terrorism tactics etc they are not even on the radar
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    The new song (and all of their last album really) weren't even metal. 
    Why does that matter? 
    inb4lists
    In order to be a great  band you need something that separates you from the pack.. Idk like I said when compared to elite sludge albums like leviathan Nola through silver in blood paegan terrorism tactics etc they are not even on the radar
    And neither are the hundreds of other sludge and doom bands on planet earth. That doesnt mean they are bad though.

like what do Shrinebuilder, Windhand, Acid King, etc do differently than anyone else? You wouldnt say those bands are bad evem though they're not exactly breaking the mold.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,667 spicy boy
    It was p good. 
    ... said:
    The new song (and all of their last album really) weren't even metal. 
    Why does that matter? 
    Becuase they used to make good sludge music and now they make mediocre rock?
    And neither are the hundreds of other sludge and doom bands on planet earth. That doesnt mean they are bad though.

like what do Shrinebuilder, Windhand, Acid King, etc do differently than anyone else? You wouldnt say those bands are bad evem though they're not exactly breaking the mold.
    Shrinebuilder def has a certain vibe to them that's different..but I wasn't saying that baroness is bad just that they are not stand out or great .. IMO they're like a 6.5/10 range and people used to hype them into prob at least an 8.5/10 range.. They're decent but will never be great
    O i c. Yeah i'd agree. 
    I think shrine builder wind hand and acid king are all pretty easily better than baroness
    windhand is the same rehashed EW/acid king stuff tbh. its not bad but its been done before, and better.

shrinebuilder>
    fuck I wish I could see shrinebuilder. theyd be perfect psycho material but winos got stupid bad blood on at least al so it aint happening.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I saw them. It was cool, but I'd rather see a tour with all their main bands