Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy

damn it, is she tryna be lo-fi now?

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod

I wish the cover was just of an inverted cross to piss off you metalheads. 

Miranda, that troll just isn't funny anymore

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy

=))

I love winning with women
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?

Who is ts

Taylor Swift

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies

AT THE GATES, the pioneering band of the "Gothenburg style" melodic death metal sound, has announced more details about their highly anticipated At War With Realitycomeback album, which will be released on October 27th in Europe and October 28th in North America via Century Media Records.

Today, AT THE GATES is revealing the cover artwork for At War With Reality, which was designed by Costin Chioreanu (twilight13media.com). Chioreanu, who has previously also worked with bands such as ARCH ENEMY, MORGOTH and DARKTHRONE, gave the strong lyrical theme of At War With Reality an outstanding conceptual togetherness with the visuals he crafted for this project. 

AT THE GATES vocalist and lyricist Tomas Lindberg checked in with the following comment, explaining the album's theme: "The concept of 'At War with Reality' is based on the literary genre called 'Magic Realism'. The main style within this genre is the notion that 'reality' is ever-changing, and needs to be constantly re-discovered and re-conquered. We felt that Costin's artwork style would be the perfect visual contribution to this album, so he became the natural choice..." 

AT THE GATES guitarist and main songwriter Anders Björler further explained: "I got in touch with Costin a few years back. I was immediately impressed with his dark and original style. He collaborated on some T-shirt designs for AT THE GATES as well as designing the album artwork for my Instrumental Project. We realized pretty early on that his style would accompany the music and the concept perfectly."

Additionally, Costin Chioreanu checked in with the following words: "I have been waiting for this album for almost 20 years and it's the biggest honor for me to illustrate it - As there is no greater achievement for a dreamer than the moment when the dream becomes reality. 'At War With Reality' is by far the most complex visual story I have ever created, from all points of view. From the very first moment the band presented the concept, I found it extremely stunning and at the same time super-challenging. I like to think that visual art and music are tools to explore our minds - to create, to discover and to push the limits. AT THE GATES, one of my all-time favorite Metal bands, offered me a chance to explore a new dimension."

Some of the songs included on At War With Reality are the following: "Death And The Labyrinth", "The Circular Ruins", "The Conspiracy Of The Blind", "Order From Chaos", "Eater Of Gods" and "Upon Pillars Of Dust". 

With the classic line-up of their latest masterpiece, Slaughter Of The Soul (1995), AT THE GATES recorded At War With Reality with Fredrik Nordström at Studio Fredman (IN FLAMES, ARCH ENEMY, DIMMU BORGIR) and mixed with Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios (OPETH, AMON AMARTH, KREATOR), who checked in with the following video message: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0vkElvuk-c
    inb4lists
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep

^stunned....

didn't even know they were working on new material

New music from Anaal Nathrakh is available now athttp://www.metalblade.com/anaalnathrakh

Titled "Desideratum," the follow-up to 2012’s critically-lauded Vanitas full-length was again produced by guitarist/bassist/programmer Mick Kenney, with vocals recorded at Necrodeath Studios in Birmingham, while the music was tracked and mixed at The Black Flamingo in Orange County, California. The final product boasts ten emotionally traumatizing hymns of unrepentant, audio deviance embodying the crux of pure evil.

"Desideratum" Track Listing: 
    1. Acheronta Movebimu 
    2. Monstrum In Animo
    3. The One Thing Needful 
    4. A Firm Foundation Of Unyielding Despair 
    5. Desideratum 
    6. Idol 
    7. Sub Specie Aeterni (Of Maggots, And Humanity)
    8. The Joystream
    9. Rage And Red
    10.Ita Mori

"Desideratum" will be released on October 28th, 2014

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Those guys need to tour here again :!!
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage

Hydra Head devotees should take note of an upcoming new outfit by the name of Sumac. The group feature ex-Isisvocalist/guitarist Aaron Turner and heralded Baptistsdrummer Nick Yacyshyn. The group have already wrapped up their debut album “The Deal“, which will see a February release on Profound Lore/SIGE Records.

Sweetening the pot is the addition of Brian Cook (Russian Circles, ex-Botch, etc.), who handled the bass in the studio for the group. They also hope to have Cook join them during some future planned live outings. According toTurner, the band won’t be a mere one-off:

“We are pursuing this as a fully functional band rather than side project, with plans to play live in the coming year and continue with further writing/recording thereafter.”

Mell Dettmer oversaw most of the recording of the outing while Converge‘s Kurt Ballou was tasked with mixing. The tentative track listing for “The Deal” runs as follows:

01 – “Spectral Gold
    02 – “Thorn In The Lion’s Paw
    03 – “Hollow King
    04 – “Blight’s End Angel
    05 – “The Deal
    06 – “Radiance Of Being

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    very interesting
    I love winning with women