Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Finnish/Swedish symphonic metallers NIGHTWISH will release their new album, "Imaginaerum", in Finland on Wednesday, November 30 and the rest of Europe on Friday, December 2 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD will be made available in North America through Roadrunner Records.

"Imaginaerum" track listing:

01. Taikatalvi
    02. Storytime
    03. Ghost River
    04. Slow, Love, Slow
    05. I Want My Tears Back
    06. Scaretale
    07. Arabesque
    08. Turn Loose The Mermaids
    09. Rest Calm
    10. The Crow, The Owl And The Dove
    11. Last Ride Of The Day
    12. Song Of Myself
    13. Imaginaerum

JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Can't wait for the new Nightwish album, also hoping for a Detroit date on their upcoming world tour.
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    Finnish/Swedish symphonic metallers NIGHTWISH will release their new album, "Imaginaerum", in Finland on Wednesday, November 30 and the rest of Europe on Friday, December 2 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD will be made available in North America through Roadrunner Records.

"Imaginaerum" track listing:

01. Taikatalvi
    02. Storytime
    03. Ghost River
    04. Slow, Love, Slow
    05. I Want My Tears Back
    06. Scaretale
    07. Arabesque
    08. Turn Loose The Mermaids
    09. Rest Calm
    10. The Crow, The Owl And The Dove
    11. Last Ride Of The Day
    12. Song Of Myself
    13. Imaginaerum

I do not like that album cover at all. I'm getting a major kid friendly vibe, man.
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    ^ yeah, and the Title is wicked silly.....
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip

new anthrax song performed last night on Jimmy Fallons show
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    new Nightwish could be good...
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    Brazilian death metalers KRISIUN triumphantly return with their newest monument of brutality, “The Great Execution”, set for release on November 1st in North America!

“The Great Execution” is the band’s 8th studio album and musically expands KRISIUN’s trademark high speed death metal violence with a heavily increased amount of diversity, ranging from extreme tempo variations over distinct rhythm patterns to clean guitars—-and even Flamenco parts!

KRISIUN only used analog gear and instruments while recording this album to avoid the compressed sound that so many musicians produce today. This wise decision resulted in a more organic sound, with the songs on “The Great Execution” possessing both a warmth and a rawness that is so often lost through digital production. The low end is deeper, with drums that pound instead of bounce and guitar tones that sear rather than hiss.

“With our new record we managed to capture the sound and the vibe that we were always looking for,” adds vocalist/bassist Alex Camargo. Going back to Stage One Studio in Germany and working with Andy Classen again was the right choice. The album came out with a very distinctive and natural sound, shattering the boundaries of the style once more.

The cover artwork was created by Japanese artist Toshihiro Egawa, who previously designed artwork for acts like SUICIDE SILENCE, HEAVEN SHALL BURN, DEVOURMENT, DYING FETUS, among many others.

“The Great Execution” will be available as a limited edition digipak including a re-recorded version of the classic KRISIUN song “Black Force Domain” as a bonus track, plus as a180g gatefold vinyl and as a digital download.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    lol
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    edited September 2011
    MY DYING BRIDE TO RELEASE NEW EP ‘THE BARGHEST O’ WHITBY’
    25-minute epic due out November 7th via Peaceville Records

YORKSHIRE, UK – Following the release of Evinta earlier this year, in which the band marked 20 years of existence with a release of symphonic compositions re-imagining past My Dying Bride themes, the UK doom legend now presents its latest chapter in the form of new EP, ‘The Barghest O’ Whitby,’ to be released November 7th through Peaceville Records on CD and limited vinyl.

This single track, 25-minute epic represents the epitome of poetic grace and funeral soundscapes from one of gothic doom’s most celebrated acts. With a masterful blend of pounding guitar riffs and sombre atmospheric passages, My Dying Bride embarks on a chilling journey through superstition and folklore!

Said the band on the origin of the idea, “Carrying straight on from the success of Evinta found us kind of out of breath for a second; we were already aware of a new-found love of all things bleak and grey and were eager to start writing in a more traditional My Dying Bride style. What did catch us off guard was the increased heaviness and the fresh approach to song writing. Moving away somewhat with the lyrical theme from our usual feeding ground, we found ourselves on the rainy moors of Yorkshire contemplating the story of the Barghest, a supernatural entity hell bent on revenge. The tale now to be told wove itself into a 25-minute epic which initially we thought would be a three part EP, but it simply became one very long song full of everything My Dying Bride and more. The violins conjure lonely tears atop a chasm of epic British doom.”
    ‘The Barghest O’ Whitby’ was recorded at Futureworks Studios, Manchester with long-time production partner and engineer, Mags. The release is the first to feature violin/keyboardist Shaun Macgowan, and sees the return of Shaun “Winter“ Taylor Steels to the drum-stool for this recording. The cover artwork for ‘The Barghest O’ Whitby’ also appears courtesy of vocalist, Aaron Stainthorpe.
    “We’ve never been heavier or more cataclysmically connected to doom metal as a state of mind; it’s no longer just a musical style to us.”
    Stay tuned for more information on My Dying Bride and ‘The Barghest O’ Whitby.’

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I love winning with women
    edited September 2011
    might want

i dig the album art too
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I do not like that album cover at all. I'm getting a major kid friendly vibe, man.
    I like it better than Dark Passion Play's cover.

It's going to be a good album, now that they know what they have in Anette.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    lol
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    California death metal band Autopsy will enter the studio next month to record material for a "special release" through Peaceville Records. Here's the official word:

"We go into the studio at the end of October to record three new songs. It will be a taste of the new album that will soon follow. The three new songs will be released on a special release by Peaceville Records. It will also include all the E.P.s (Tomb Within, Fiend for Blood, Retribution for the Dead, Horrific Obsseion 7", and Funereality) that are out of print. A jackhammer to your skull."
    I love winning with women
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    FUCK we need some new NILE in this bitch....
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers

new anthrax song performed last night on Jimmy Fallons show
    Sounds better without the stupid overproduced vocals.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    I like it better than Dark Passion Play's cover.

It's going to be a good album, now that they know what they have in Anette.
    Well, not necessarily. I don't think a new vocalist would so profoundly affect how they write a song. I don't even listen to Nightwish, but the over-polished, super clean, and even approaching cartoonish art and logo may not be a good sign. But hey, I've honestly never even really listened to Nightwish, they always kind of blended in with the other power/symphonic metal bands that never stood out enough for me to check them out. Is there anything really good by them that you recommend checking out?
    there is nothing good by them
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    i never really liked Nightwish until Dark Passion Play came out.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Good new's for Machine Head fans. The new album comes out the 21th in japan. So that means it could leak this week or next week at the latest.