Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Portnoy bitching Dream Theater moving on without him

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i don't blame the band for not letting him back in. he's the one who left them out to dry to go play with avenged faggotfold, then when a7x doesnt want him in the band anymore, he goes running back like dream theater is a rebound girl. gtfo
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I don't give a shit about either parties anymore. Both, imo, acted like asshurt high school girls. Fuck Dream Theater and Portnoy
    imageimage
    I don't give a shit about either parties anymore. Both, imo, acted like asshurt high school girls. Fuck Dream Theater and Portnoy
    i hear you, i'm sick of hearing about this all the goddamn time. they should either let it go and get back together and stop using the media as a battle ground, or just both move on and forget about this shit and go their separate ways...
    i hear you, i'm sick of hearing about this all the goddamn time. they should either let it go and get back together and stop using the media as a battle ground, or just both move on and forget about this shit and go their separate ways...
    I wouldn't be surprised if this was Dream Theaters plan all along. I've never seen band members whine about each other in the media so much in my life. No respect for either of them and I will never give either my money. Thank god I never went to Iron Maiden
    imageimage
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    Mike never ever said he was leaving Dream Theater for Avenged Sevenfold. He was playing with them as a fill in until they found someone else. Which they then did. He just wanted a break from the band that he founded, and basically ran and they said no. They have been recording and touring almost none stop. Why is it so terrible to have some family time? Or work on another project here and there.
    James just put out a solo album. He could have some fun with that. Petrucci could go back to his other project as well as Mike doing other stuff. This could have been good for them but they refused.
    Shit happens. Move on.

However, I can say this: When they opened for Maiden at MSG, they were incredible. They sounded amazing, stage presence was amazing, and you could tell from the looks on all of their faces that they were truly living a dream that night. Great night for them and their fans.
    but he did say he was leaving dream theater <_>
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    its a good thing dream theatre has always sucked...
    Mike Portnoy - "I am about to write something I never imagined I'd ever write.

"After 25 years, I have decided to leave DREAM THEATER... the band I founded, led and truly loved for a quarter of a century."

• Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    its a good thing dream theatre has always sucked...
    No
    but he did say he was leaving dream theater <_>
    Yes. But he never said "Hey, I'm leaving DT for A7X so fuck ya'll niggas" <_>
    imageimage
    he said he was having more fun playing with a7x and was tired of dealing with the guys in dream theater and had better personal relationships with the guys in a7x... that's a pretty big slap in the face i think to the members of dream theater
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    This shit is still going on.
    yeah cause portnoy wont stop crying and bitching about it...
    he said he was having more fun playing with a7x and was tired of dealing with the guys in dream theater and had better personal relationships with the guys in a7x... that's a pretty big slap in the face i think to the members of dream theater
    Dream Theater guys seem to be too serious about DT. So into it, touring, ect that they don't want to stop for shit or have any fun. They are treating it almost like a job you'd have in an office building. A7X guys seem like they're more laid back and have more fun with what they're doing, probably why Portnoy said that. People do need breaks n need to have fun once in a while...but from what I gather DT as a whole aren't having that at all.
    This is from November so who knows
    imageimage
    Dream Theater guys seem to be too serious about DT. So into it, touring, ect that they don't want to stop for shit or have any fun. They are treating it almost like a job you'd have in an office building. A7X guys seem like they're more laid back and have more fun with what they're doing, probably why Portnoy said that. People do need breaks n need to have fun once in a while...but from what I gather DT as a whole aren't having that at all.
    i understand that, but if portnoy chooses to leave because of that, then when a7x doesnt want him he goes crawling back to DT, i cant blame the dudes in DT for saying fuck you, he left them and both sides agreed to move on. DT never said they were gonna wait for portnoy, they said they were moving on without him and portnoy acknowledged and accepted that. DT must not be all that bad if portnoy came running back there so quickly, he was prolly just having more fun with the younger guys in a7x at the time, so he left DT. you cant blame DT for being pissed at him especially cause he wont let it go.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I am still dissapointed he wasn't behind the kit when i saw avenged.
    I'm pissed at both DT and Portnoy for being whiny bitches
    imageimage
    I'm pissed at both DT and Portnoy for being whiny bitches
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Why is anyone pissed at DT? Mike left the band and told the other members to not do anything while he banked playing for that shitty emo band, then got pissed when they didn't take him back.