Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Portnoy bitching Dream Theater moving on without him

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I see nothing wrong with what he said. And I wouldn't consider it bitching. If anything the other band members should be at fault for not hearing him out. Blame them all he wanted was a break.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    he shouldn't feel bad for them continuing with the band.... what was he expecting? for his to force the other members to take a break?
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I still blame DT
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    It's ok Portnoy. Go out and make that paper and buy yourself something nice. You are seeing more money then you have with DT for over 20 years.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    he shouldn't feel bad for them continuing with the band.... what was he expecting? for his to force the other members to take a break?
    Sounds to me like they all needed a break. I hope they ultimately hate each other and no more Dream Theater ever happens.
    imageimage
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    he probably was expecting that 1. because theyre his friends and they would understand his need for a break and 2. because he pretty much ran that band. he made every decision regarding sound and direction. its like steve harris wanting maiden ot take a break for awhile or kurt cobain wanting to take a break from nirvana if they were still around

• Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    he probably was expecting that 1. because theyre his friends and they would understand his need for a break and 2. because he pretty much ran that band. he made every decision regarding sound and direction. its like steve harris wanting maiden ot take a break for awhile or kurt cobain wanting to take a break from nirvana if they were still around

I am glad he is gone now, maybe James LaBrie can actually sing like himself and not like James Hetfield now.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    The split seems like it was going to happen either way. He clearly wasn't happy.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It's ok Portnoy. Go out and make that paper and buy yourself something nice. You are seeing more money then you have with DT for over 20 years.
    Did Ed hack your account?
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    lol fail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TObcpD6zneM
    I agree that this is much better than Dream Theater.
    However, no more Ayreon :'''(
    Crying from one eye.
    Arjen will come back with Ayreon.... he at one point said Star One was done too.

He might completely change its format though (ayreon).... cause of that whole Ayreon-sound that he talked about that he didn't like.
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    Arjen will come back with Ayreon.... he at one point said Star One was done too.

He might completely change its format though (ayreon).... cause of that whole Ayreon-sound that he talked about that he didn't like.
    Sound he didn't like? I don't remember hearing anything about that.
    Could I have a link to that interview?

I really like his other projects, but I don't absolutely love any of them like Ayreon.
    But get this.
    Arjen posted a comment on my last.fm profile yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    That was a happy day.
    i don't remember where i read that... but it had to do with Guilt Machine and how he hated the end product because he was reading review after review of n00bs saying that it had that "typical Ayreon sound" to it.

You can try blabbermouth.... that's usually where i read this sort of shit (because i don't go anywhere else for info)

it also mentioned the Ayreon saga... im calling it that now btw, and how he has no room in his brain for it at the moment. But he couldn't say that he wouldn't ever do another Ayreon album.
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    Whats your favorite DT Album?

Mine is Train of Thought.
  • Warrior_YohnWarrior_Yohn Posts: 473 juggalo

too bad him running the show is why dream theater started to get stale. BOOM. Fuck Mike Portnoy, that cunt's backing vocals were so fucking gay, I'm glad he's gone. He was a good drummer, but easily replaceable. and if he wanted a break so bad, he shouldn't have gone out with that turd of a band A7X, he should have rested like the rest of the band. Mike disrespected the other members, and I don't blame them for telling him to fuck off.
  • Warrior_YohnWarrior_Yohn Posts: 473 juggalo

I am glad he is gone now, maybe James LaBrie can actually sing like himself and not like James Hetfield now.
    yes, James Labrie's new solo album > the last few DT albums, because James sang how he wants, not how the dumb fuck drummer wants him to sing. It's no secret Mike has a permanent boner for Metallica, maybe he can start that Metallica jr band he's been wanting to make, or better yet, maybe Trivium can dump faceless drummer # 2 and get Portnoy in the band. Then he can pretend he's Lars like he's always wanted to.
  • TehSBChampPrinceTehSBChampPrince Posts: 515 salt miner
    Sounds like the other 3 are doosh's, who wants to be in a band where you are not having fun, it's about comraderie, if no one gets along fuck em, get out of there.
  • TehSBChampPrinceTehSBChampPrince Posts: 515 salt miner
    PS laBrie is terrible