Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Rock On The Range/Sonic Temple 2020

Comments

• sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    wow I wanna go to this!
    I just hope I can make enough money in time though.
    hey how exactly is the stage set up? I mean in that vid it looked like the PAV at DTE in michigan b ut theres gotta be way more people than that
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Okay its like this. Theres a soccer field called crue stadium. On both sides there are two stages playing at the same time. Then inbetween bands, there will be a band playing at the mainstage. After a few rotations, the side stages close up, and the last two mainstage bands close out the night. The entire field is GA and it packed with people. I think 10,000 but I'm not 100% sure. then the stands are also GA, basically first come first serve.
    image Photobucket
    This video gives you a little glimpse of the main stage. Somehow I managed to make it to the rail both days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wARsAh-Rbw
    image Photobucket
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I'd like to go to this, donno how I'm gonna make it though >_>
    imageimage
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    We really need a festival like this... but in the winter.
    I love winning with women
    edited February 2010
    A couple months ago I went to subway wearing my rotr shirt, and the girl working there said her brother went. So we started talking, turned out that it was his 18th birthday, and on the first day he went crowd surfing at the mainstage and messed up his back pretty good..didn't get to see Slipknot, or any of day two lol. Not as bad as the person that cracked their head open during chevelle though...that was nasty as hell. You could see the vocalist look down in the middle of playing the song lol.

The wierdest thing for me last year was the drunk old guy. I saw him day one about 3 people from the rail. He was so goddamn annoying, and he had no clue what he was talking about. After awhile we lifted him up so we could get him out. THE VERY NEXT DAY right before Motley Crue, THE SAME OLD GUY managed to find his way right were I was again. The same exact state of mind. He kept calling Mick, Micky Mouse

Heres a pic of the mainstage crowd last year. Seeing as the sun was still out, I'm pretty sure that the side stages were also packed with people at that time.
    Photobucket
    image Photobucket
    Alex, whats winter like over there? 75 degrees?
    image Photobucket
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    lowest I can remember is about 28. On average its about 50ish
    I love winning with women
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    This really is a huge let down of a lineup for me.

Godsmack - hate them
    zombie- boring as fuck
    three days grace- tired of hearing them
    limp bizkit- really? Die you faggots
    slash- could care less
    deftones- suck ass live
    five finger death punch- horrible in ever sense of the word
    everyone else I've seen a bunch of times and don't give a shit anymore
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    so wait chuck where exactly is the main stage?

and to get this straight:

2 bands play at the same time all day and it just keeps going until the main stage?
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    NO! APE YOU DONT KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DONT KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the time you saw Deftones was when Chino was at his worst and was fat as hell and just on a downward spiral. now hes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better and clean and sounds fucking good. i suggest you give them another try.
    The mainstage is the inside of the stadium. All of it lol.
    On either side of the stadium is a stage, those two play at the same time. When the sidestage bands finish their set, then a mainstage band will play. When the mainstage band finishes its set, then the sidestages will play.
    image Photobucket
    Godsmack is one of my favorite bands. I have no clue how you find Rob Zombie boring, his live shows are great lol. I am interested in seeing Slash solo because I'm pretty sure that will be more of his blues style.
    image Photobucket
    there will be a lot of people this year. Smack/Zombie are more then capable to sell it out. add Limp Bizkit/Three Days Grace and Slash. thats more then enough. Deftones <3
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Last time I seen Deftones was at Family Values >_>
    imageimage
  • destroyerofsensesdestroyerofsenses Posts: 483 salt miner
    what bands do u guys think will be mainstage?
    Godsmack,Zombie,Three Days Grace,Slash,Deftones, Five Finger Death Punch, Papa Roach, Killswitch Engage, Puddle of Mudd and maybe Bullet are all main stage for sure.
    Idk it might work out differently. Like they had Black Stone Cherry open up the mainstage on the first day last year while The Used and Static X closed the side stages
    image Photobucket
    the used side stage for sure. Static on the other hand hmmmmmm.