Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

offensive line in probably the second hardest positions to play other than qb just based on the amount of knowledge of the offense you must have....d line is also hard....by far not easier than RB kicker ect.

i dont understand, how would an offensive linemen have to know more than a running back when it comes to the offense? wouldnt they pretty much both have to know it the same amount?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,600 spicy boy
    not really...for a running back all you have to do is had the ball off and have him run....offensive linemen must know there blocking assignment and audibles ect.....they have to know pretty much as much as the QB's...thats why offensive linemen are so coveted at the top of the draft and why you dont usually see running backs go in the top 5....its easier to find a good running back then it is to find a good smart tackle
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited August 2010
    for a running back all you have to do is had the ball off and have him run

a little understating dont you think. rb need to know play audibles as well. they might not have to read the defense or anything like that but i think if you include the entire package that it is equally as hard to go from college to pros for a running back as it would a linemen. Also linemen are drafted high becuase your offense starts with a good line usually, and that goes farther than them just being able to be smart
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited August 2010
    Nevermind, I was double wrong
    image Photobucket
    little understating dont you think. rb need to know play audibles as well.

play audibles...which the qb directly relays and basically tell a rookie running back what to do is totally different then protection and blocking audibles...its widely know running back is the easiest position to come into the nfl and play right away
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Greene>Jones, Greene> whole Lions team.
    There's a reason he didn't start last year, and that reason is that Jones is better than him. The expectations are too high for Greene. He'll be good, but not great.
    Indeed. If you think Greene is going to suddenly take the lion's share of the carries and become the next Barry Sanders, you're out of your mind. They WILL miss Thomas Jones, I can tell you that. As for Greene himself, I can name at least 10 other running backs I would rather have in my backfield than him. He's proven nothing.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    rb is the easiest position in the league to adjust to and play right awa
    Kicker.
    center
    tackle
    guard
    DL
    No, there's a reason tackles have the second highest bust rate. That shit's hard. You go from a first string guy at Iowa to Dwight Freeney.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • TiddyTiddy Posts: 365
    you keep dismissing my Bucs...just you wait and see people! There is a 100% chance we win more than 4 games this year.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    you keep dismissing my Bucs...just you wait and see people! There is a 100% chance we win more than 4 games this year.
    How's Freeman looking in camp?
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    they will win about 4
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Name the 10 other RBs jl
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    edited August 2010
    1.peterson
    2.johnson
    3.jones-drew
    4.turner
    5.gore
    6ray rice
    7.jackson
    8.deangelo williams/jonathan stewart
    9.matt forte
    10.mendenhall

not necessarily in order
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    There's a reason he didn't start last year, and that reason is that Jones is better than him. The expectations are too high for Greene. He'll be good, but not great.
    Indeed. If you think Greene is going to suddenly take the lion's share of the carries and become the next Barry Sanders, you're out of your mind. They WILL miss Thomas Jones, I can tell you that. As for Greene himself, I can name at least 10 other running backs I would rather have in my backfield than him. He's proven nothing.
    He got hurt in the preseason and was out for awhile. He came back proved everyone why he was good. Why you think he was trusted more than Jones when he came back? Sanders was a joke and will always be a joke. Emmit>Sanders.
    1.peterson
    2.johnson
    3.jones-drew
    4.turner
    5.gore
    6ray rice
    7.jackson
    9.matt forte
    10.mendenhall

not necessarily in order
    LOL! Adrian"butter fingers" Peterson is #1? Where is Barber? He's better then half that list.
    imageimage
    He got hurt in the preseason and was out for awhile. He came back proved everyone why he was good. Why you think he was trusted more than Jones when he came back? Sanders was a joke and will always be a joke. Emmit>Sanders.
    1.peterson
    2.johnson
    3.jones-drew
    4.turner
    5.gore
    6ray rice
    7.jackson
    9.matt forte
    10.mendenhall

not necessarily in order
    LOL! Adrian"butter fingers" Peterson is #1? Where is Barber? He's better then half that list.
    It's called splitting the carries, fool. Greene is nowhere near the elite back you think he is. Cool your jets. Barry was better than Emmitt and always will be.

And my list of 10 running backs better than Shonn Greene:
    1. Adrian Peterson
    2. Chris Johnson
    3. Maurice Jones-Drew
    4. Ray Rice
    5. Steven Jackson
    6. Frank Gore
    7. Michael Turner
    8. DeAngelo Williams (Stewart doesn't make my list, he's the finisher)
    9. Ryan Grant
    10. Pierre Thomas

Hell, I'll keep going:
    11. Joseph Addai
    12. Thomas Jones
    13. Cedric Benson
    14. Reggie Bush
    15. Marion Barber
    16. Felix Jones
    17. Ronnie Brown
    18. Ricky Williams
    19. Chester Taylor
    20. Matt Forte

Not in order after the top 10, but I made it to 20. :)

I said JL not rexum!
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I just did it. <_>
    Ryan grant better then benson? Ehh I don't see it. I like Ryan grant but I had him on my fantasy team last year and I don't see it. Peterson better then Johnson? Nah, maybe if Peterson didn't fumble so much.
    edited August 2010
    I do. The Packers offense isn't proficient just because of Aaron Rodgers. All their skill positions are good. Grant was on my ESPN team last year too...

AP is better than Chris Johnson until Johnson proves last year wasn't just a flash in the pan. History points to his numbers taking a big hit this year.
    mine was just a quick of the top of my head...id put barber and brown in there 2
    Do me a favor jl get benson and grants numbers and put them side by side