Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Bucs turn this year. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    Bucs turn this year. <_>
    nope.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "3 Houston-win
    16 Arizona-win
    17 Philadelphia-win
    14 Philadelphia-win"

Don't be so sure about all of these. I think Philly has gotten worse, but don't take those wins for granted.
    The Lions locked up Jahvid Best to a contract today. :3
    I'm excited for that guy and the team's future. If Best stays healthy expect a larger and more consistent return on the investment than say someone like CJ Spiller.

I love that guy.
    He's going to start, I am fairly certain of that. Kevin Smith is still working his way back from that ACL. I'm looking forward to seeing him.
    That's all I've been hearing too. Kevin Smith was at best going to get 50% of the carries anyway. They just can't expect him to be the workhorse like a Frank Gore can be. If they picked up a complementary guy in the next two years, that could get scary.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Bucs turn this year. <_>
    nope.
    I hope you don't think I was serious. <_>
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    If Arizona can beat Dallas, I'm sure they can break 8-8
    image Photobucket
    The Lions locked up Jahvid Best to a contract today. :3
    I'm excited for that guy and the team's future. If Best stays healthy expect a larger and more consistent return on the investment than say someone like CJ Spiller.

I love that guy.
    He's going to start, I am fairly certain of that. Kevin Smith is still working his way back from that ACL. I'm looking forward to seeing him.
    That's all I've been hearing too. Kevin Smith was at best going to get 50% of the carries anyway. They just can't expect him to be the workhorse like a Frank Gore can be. If they picked up a complementary guy in the next two years, that could get scary.
    The problem with Smith is he doesn't even have a burst anymore, which made the need to trade up to get Best much greater. We will need a between-the-tackles guy to compliment Best soon, but for now hopefully Kevin can spell him.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    I'm more worried about Houston then Philly and AZ.

I think we have Philly on check for the next 2 years and AZ could be tough, but them Texans mayne. wooo they looking good now.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    from what i remember... Houston was a pretty decent team last season.
    If Arizona can beat Dallas, I'm sure they can break 8-8
    They're a tough team to predict. They either can be really good, or really bad.
    If their offense is anything near what it was last year, they are going to be a wild card team.
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    I'm not "worried" about any team in the NFL because if Dallas comes to play they can beat ANY team in the NFL.

You can throw records out of the window when division teams play each other especially the NFC East teams.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    I'm more worried about Houston then Philly and AZ.

I think we have Philly on check for the next 2 years and AZ could be tough, but them Texans mayne. wooo they looking good now.
    I think the Texans are a damn good team, and that offense can beat any defense. If that D was more consistent and had a little more talent, they could be amazing.
    Dallas Cowboys rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant injured his right ankle on the next to last play of Friday's workout and had to be helped off the field by the training staff according to David Moore of the Dallas Morning News. He was taken to a local hosptial for an MRI. The results are expected later this evening.

Vice president Stephen Jones said the training staff had a pretty good idea what the injury is, but declined to discuss it until it's confirmed by the MRI. He did say the team's first round pick will miss time.

"I think they have a pretty good feel for what happeened, but I'd be guessing right now a litlte bit,'' Jones said when asked to give a timetable as to how long Bryant could be out. "It would be unfair to say.

"If he has to miss time, we hate that, but we'll work through it.''

Bryant got hurt after colliding with Orlando Scandrick on the second to last play of practice.

"He rolled his ankle, but I think he'll be all right," Scandrick said.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    edited July 2010
    "Cowboys owner Jerry Jones revealed Friday that Dez Bryant is expected to miss 4-6 weeks with a high right ankle sprain."

Well this sucks, He won't be the starter on opening day now. Not that I thought he would anyway but this kills his chances.
    Scandrick actually landed on Dez's ankle which made it roll. I hitting the training camp on Sunday.
    "Cowboys owner Jerry Jones revealed Friday that Dez Bryant is expected to miss 4-6 weeks with a high right ankle sprain."

Well this sucks. He won't be the starter on opening day now.
    SON OF A BITCH >:O

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Maybe he should have carried the shoulder pads. Karma is a bitch
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I don't see the karma here but he should have carried those pads.
    He's taken bigger hits in his day, but man...

"Well this sucks, He won't be the starter on opening day now. Not that I thought he would anyway but this kills his chances."

That's really bad news...