Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    If only he did more in the receiving area that game.. Got me 40 points against Dallas last week...only 10 this week.
    And I remember someone telling me DeSean was a stupid pick because he had nobody to throw to him.
    image Photobucket
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Romo place on IR

:-((
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited December 2010
    McNabb felt disrespected from benching

Donovan McNabb felt disrespected by the way he was benched by Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan.

"Everything was handled awkwardly," McNabb said Tuesday on his weekly radio show on ESPN980, "somewhat to a disrespect to me and to the team."

Making his first public comments since his demotion last week, McNabb said he strongly disagreed with the decision, but he has a bigger problem with the way he says the organization leaked the news to the media before informing him.

"Because of the timing and because of all the leaks and everything that was put out there, and no putting out the fire, so to speak," McNabb said, "I'm hearing everything through the media."

Shanahan waited until Thursday evening to tell McNabb that Rex Grossman would be the starter for the rest of the season, even though rumblings of a possible switch had been circulating all week.

"I was pulled back by it. All of a sudden you get this news a couple of days before the game, you do feel somewhat disrespected," McNabb said. "You could have told me earlier or at least prepared me for it. ... The term I did use was professional. You would like to hear it early, and if you hear it late, it kind of throws off the preparation for a lot of guys."

McNabb said he wasn't even aware that he was being demoted to No. 3 quarterback for the final two games of the season until Shanahan announced the move to reporters the next day.

As for the benching, McNabb conceded he's had a tough year, but he said he felt he had made enough progress in his first season in the Redskins' offense to give the team something to build on. Shanahan said he benched McNabb because the team had been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and he wanted to evaluate the two other quarterbacks, Grossman and John Beck.

"The way this whole thing went down to me was 'off' and one that I strongly disagree with because I've always believed that if you start something you finish it," McNabb said. "I wanted to be out there with the team. ... Other quarterbacks have struggled a little bit, but I'm the one that's got to go through this 'evaluation process.' "

McNabb was asked if he felt demeaned by serving as the third-string quarterback.

"Yeah, I don't think too many guys go from 1 to 3," he answered. "That's an unfortunate situation that I guess I'm one of a few to be a part of."

The Redskins signed McNabb to a contract extension last month, but it contains a clause that allows the team to release him before next season without further financial obligations. McNabb said he did not think his relationship with Shanahan is permanently damaged and that he hopes to return to the team next season.

"I love the fans here. ... I've enjoyed myself here," he said. "I think we can do some good things here."

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,727 mod
    edited December 2010
    I like Mike Shanahan, but my god, he fucked this up so badly I wouldn't be surprised if he gets fired within the next year.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    They won't fire Shanahan.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,727 mod
    edited December 2010
    Not this year. Next year, maybe. This has been a complete debacle between the McNabb situation and the Haynesworth situation.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    McNabb should earn his respect

he's not there yet; where he can just expect it
    McNabb will come to the NFC West next year.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Owens on ir
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Grossman did better than McNabb would have so I could care less. I'm just waiting until they start doing consistently well
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    Steelers mistakenly given first down Sunday .

Coach Mike Tomlin concedes the Steelers were mistakenly awarded a first down on a 9-yard run by Rashard Mendenhall during their 22-17 loss to the Jets on Sunday according to the Associated Press.

On first-and-10 from the Jets 35 early in the second quarter, Mendenhall gained nine yards to the 26 yard line. After momentary confusion as the chain crew began moving the sticks, referee Peter Morelli's crew put the ball down at the 25 and signaled a first down.

The statistics crew hastily awarded Mendenhall a 10-yard carry -- an extra yard that wound up giving him a 100-yard game.

Hmm...

Photobucket

:o)

photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    8----------------------D~~~~~

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    NFL is for girls and gays.

Chicagay will destroy your teams.

nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Did anyone see what happened at Eli Manning's press conference? No one showed up LOLOLOLOL! I felt so bad for the guy.
    No one showed up LOLOLOLOL!
    They were inspired by the Giants defense on Sunday.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Rex Ryan said it's a "personal matter" and declined to talk about a "foot-fetish" report, posted by the sports website Deadspin, that show four videos of a woman who bears a close resemblance to the New York Jets coach's wife, Michelle.

The videos show a woman displaying her toes to an off-screen cameraman who, in one video, sounds a lot like the coach. The two are having an intimate chat about her feet.

During his news conference Wednesday, Ryan declined several times to discuss the situation.

"I understand I'm going to get asked this question frontways, sideways, backways, and all this, but it is a personal matter," he said.

When asked if the NFL might look into the situation, spokesman Greg Aiello said the league considers it "a personal matter."

Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum said in a brief statement that he and owner Woody Johnson have met with Ryan. They also are calling it a personal matter, adding that the coach has their "full support."

Hahahaha.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    fucking a. Sexy Rexy is a freak lol.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,286 mod
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    page

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)