Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    well i remember to quote this page after there super bowl win
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    The way this season has gone it wouldn't surprise me if the Rams won it all. lol
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    well i remember to quote this page after there super bowl win
    I'll remember to quote you after they lose.
    The way this season has gone it wouldn't surprise me if the Rams won it all. lol
    The Rams won't even make the playoffs.

7-9 here we come!
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    this thread need a new fucking page, georges videos keep loading automatically fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    yeah its annoying as shit.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I hope yesterdays game lit a fire under the Eagles and they roll into the Playoffs in great spirits! 1st round bye would be AWESOME!
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I know...20 pages to go...
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    edited December 2010
    this thread need a new fucking page, georges videos keep loading automatically fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    yeah its annoying as shit.
    cry me a river...:-((

EEEEEEEEEEAGLES!
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    buttseckz????

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    Bill Cowher has wish list of jobs By Chris Mortensen
    ESPN
    Archive
    Former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher is prepared to return to the sideline after a four-year hiatus but he won't take just any job.

A source close to Cowher is adamant that the Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans and New York Giants are atop his wish list if any of those teams should make a coaching change after the 2010 season.

Cowher has maintained that while he will listen to overtures on coaching jobs he would not discuss any specific team, including those that have already fired their coaches, such as Dallas, Denver and Minnesota.

The Dolphins may be the most intriguing option because owner Steve Ross has wanted to energize his fan base as the team has played second fiddle to the Miami Heat ever since LeBron James and Chris Bosh signed with the NBA team. The Dolphins went into Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills still alive in the playoff hunt at 7-6 but with a 1-5 record at Sun Life Stadium.

The Texans have been considered a talented but underachieving team. However, owner Bob McNair indicated recently that Gary Kubiak's job may be safe but that other changes could be in the offing. If Kubiak remains, those changes are expected to come on the defensive staff.

While the Giants have been mentioned as a possible landing spot for Cowher ever since ex-Steeler running back Jerome Bettis linked his former coach to the New York job last year, there have been no indications that Tom Coughlin's job is in jeopardy. Coughlin has one year remaining on his contract and has not been signed to an extension yet.

Asked to rank Cowher's preferred list in order, the source identified New York, Miami and Houston. Each of those markets represent strong ownership with a good talent base, the source said.

Chris Mortensen is ESPN's senior NFL analyst.

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

10 GREATEST COMEBACK WINS ALL-TIME

There have been 13,316 games in NFL history.

And there’s never been anything like this.

Ever.

The Eagles Sunday became the first team in NFL history to trail by 21 or more points with less than eight minutes left and win in regulation.

Their historic 38-31 win over the Giants defied belief. It defied logic. It defied reason. The Eagles scored 28 points in less than 7 1/2 minutes – that’s an average of one touchdown every one minutes and 52 seconds over the second half of the fourth quarter.

Before Michael Vick, DeSean Jackson and the rest of the Eagles finally woke up and started playing football Sunday, the Giants had allowed 40 points in the span of 232 minutes over their last 15 1/2 quarters. Then they allowed 28 in half a quarter.

As CSNPhilly.com’s Ray Didinger writes today, the Eagles’ comeback from 31-10 with less than eight minutes left was the greatest in franchise history.

But what about NFL history? Was this indeed the greatest comeback in the glorious 91-year history of the National Football League?

After studying all 13,316 games, we’ve come up with the 10 greatest comebacks in NFL history. Read on to see where Sunday’s game ranks.

-No. 10: Rams 30, Packers 28
    Oct. 12, 1952, City Stadium, Green Bay, Wisc.

The Packers led the Rams 28-6 entering the fourth quarter of their game 58 years ago in Green Bay when the Rams rebounded by outscoring the Packers 24-0 in the fourth quarter. That made the Rams the first team in NFL history to win after trailing by 22 or more points entering the fourth quarter, and they remained the only one to do it until 1985. More on that gamer later.

To this day, the 1952 Rams are among only four teams to overcome a deficit of 22 or more points entering the fourth quarter.

-No. 9: Jets 40, Dolphins 37
    Oct. 23, 2000, Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J.

The Eagles’ win Sunday wasn’t even the greatest fourth-quarter comeback ever at the Meadowlands. Ten years ago, the Dolphins led the Jets 30-7 early in the fourth quarter on a Monday night at Giants Stadium before Vinny Testaverde rallied the Jets to 30 fourth-quarter points. Testaverde was 18-for-26 for 235 yards and four touchdowns - in the fourth quarter alone. It was 310-pound offensive tackle Jumbo Elliott of all people who caught the tying touchdown on a tackle-eligible play with 42 seconds left, giving the Jets 30 points in 13 minutes, seven seconds.

Jets kicker John Hall won it with a 40-yard field goal seven minutes into overtime. The Dolphins are the only team in the last 22 years to lead by 23 or more points going into the fourth quarter and lose.

-No. 8: Cards 31, Buccaneers 28
    Nov. 8, 1987, Busch Stadium, St. Louis

Steve DeBerg and the Buccaneers led 28-3 entering the fourth quarter before the Cards embarked on the greatest comeback in their franchise’s history.

Neil Lomax’s TD pass to Bobby Awalt, Niko Noga’s TD return of a James Wilder fumble and two Lomax TD passes to J.T. Smith – the second with 61 seconds left in the game – gave the Cards a 28-point fourth quarter and a 31-28 win. The Cards remain the only team in NFL history to get outscored by 28 or more points in the fourth quarter and lose by three or fewer points.

-No. 7: 49ers 38, Saints 35
    Dec 7, 1980, Candlestick Park, San Francisco

The Saints led the Niners 35-7 midway through the third quarter when Joe Montana - making only his sixth NFL start - began writing his legacy.

Montana rallied the 49ers to four second-half touchdown drives while the San Francisco defense blanked Archie Manning and the Saints’ offense in the second half. Ray Wersching’s 36-yard field goal in overtime was the game-winner. The Saints remain the only team in the last 45 years to score 35 first-half points and lose, and the 49ers are the only team in history to trail by 28 or more points at halftime and win.

-No. 6: 49ers 38, Eagles 28
    Sept. 24, 1989, Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia

More Montana. One week earlier, the Eagles had rallied back from 20 points down to beat the Redskins at RFK Stadium – still one of the greatest comebacks in Eagles history. Back home at the Vet, the Eagles took a 21-10 lead over the 49ers in the fourth quarter before Montana put on the greatest passing display ever in the city of Philadelphia. In the fourth quarter alone, he completed 11 of 12 passes for 227 yards and had a 19-yard run.

The 49ers’ 28 fourth-quarter points match the most ever scored against the Eagles in any quarter.

-No. 5: Lions 31, 49ers 27
    Dec. 22, 1957, Kezar Stadium, San Francisco

The 49ers led the Lions 27-7 midway through the third quarter of their 1957 playoff semifinal game, but led by rushing TDs of 1 and 58 yards by Tom Tracy the Lions scored the last 24 points of the game in what stood as the greatest postseason comeback for the next 36 years. A week later, the Lions beat the Browns 59-14 to win their last NFL Championship. They’ve won precisely one postseason game since.

-No. 4: Vikings 28, Eagles 23
    Dec. 1, 1985, Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia

Only once in NFL history has a team gone into the fourth quarter with a shutout and a lead of more than 21 points ... and lost. Matter of fact, the Eagles led the Vikings 23-0 with under nine minutes left before completely falling apart.

With 8:33 left in the game, Wade Wilson finally got Minnesota on the scoreboard with a nine-yard touchdown pass to running back Allen Rice. Moments later, Keith Millard sacked Ron Jaworski, who fumbled. Cornerback Willie Teal picked it up and ran it back 65 yards for a touchdown that brought the Vikings within nine points at 23-14 with six minutes left.

Three plays later, Jaworski completed a short pass to tight end John Spagnola, who fumbled. Joey Browner recovered, and three plays later Wilson connected on a 33-yard TD pass to Anthony Carter. The Eagles led at 23-21, but the Vikings had just scored 21 points in 4 1/2 minutes. They weren’t done.

The Eagles went three-and-out, and with 71 seconds left in the game, Wilson connected again with Carter, this time on a 42-yard TD. That’s 28 points in 7 minutes, 16 seconds and a 28-23 Vikings win.

But the game wasn’t over. The Eagles drove down to the Vikings’ 17-yard-line before Jaworski’s final desperation pass to Mike Quick fell incomplete.

Eagles head coach Marion Campbell was fired two weeks later.

-No. 3: Eagles 38, Giants 35
    Dec. 19, 2010, New Meadowlands Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J.

No. 3 is pretty good company. The Eagles’ comeback from 21 points down in the final 7:28 Sunday at the Meadowlands is the third-greatest comeback in NFL history. The Eagles scored the final 28 points of the game – the sixth-highest-scoring fourth quarter in NFL history.

-No. 2: Colts 38, Buccaneers 35
    Oct. 6, 2003, Raymond James Stadium, Tampa

Three touchdowns by Keenan McCardell helped the Bucs build a 28-7 third-quarter lead, and Ronde Barber’s interception of Peyton Manning and 29-yard touchdown return with five minutes left left Tampa’s lead at 35-14. Then, while a Monday Night Football audience watched in amazement, the Colts scored 21 points in the final 3:37 to tie the game at 35, then won it on Mike Vanderjagt’s 29-yard field goal

-No. 1: Bills 41, Oilers 38 (OT)
    Jan. 3, 1993, Rich Stadium, Orchard Park, N.Y.

The Oilers took a 35-3 lead over the Bills in their 1992 AFC Wild Card game at Rich Stadium in Orchard Park, N.Y., with 13:19 left in the third quarter, and then the Bills went to work. Kenneth Davis’s touchdown run and four touchdown passes by backup quarterback Frank Reich - three to Andre Reed - brought the Bills all the way back. The Bills scored five TDs in 20 1/2 minutes to take a 38-35 lead before Al del Greco tied the game at 38 with 12 seconds left. But Nate Odomes picked off Warren Moon on the third play of overtime, and Steve Christie’s 32-yard field goal gave the Bills a 41-38 win. Greatest comeback in NFL history

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,286 mod
    I think any team with a really good offense - Eagles, Saints, Ravens - would give the Patriots a lot of problems.
    I donno, the Patriots are scary. When Tom Brady gets in a rhythm, he's unstopable. I think the winner of the AFC will be the Steelers, but I'll make my official Superbowl picks at the end of the regular season.
    Steelers suck

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,286 mod
    I would love to get revenge on the Pats in the playoffs. Nothing will make me happier then to see them knocked out by the Jets.

Your team might not even see the playoffs.
    12-2
    Brady is a beast
    You can't beat Brady in Foxboro
    Get raped
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Dude, the Pats almost got beat by an injury-depleted team led by a QB making his first career start. Not to mention they needed a lineman's kickoff return to get back in the game.
    When you already have a playoff spot; it's time to take your try hard pants off till off season.

The steelers did loose to the stank ass jets.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,727 mod
    Lol, that list fucked up the final score of yesterday's game.....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage