Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    If a season does happen I doubt there will be any fans allowed in. 
    Fuck I didn’t think of that. Jesus Christ. Seattle FINALLY plays in my backyard and I can’t be there?!?!? :-,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    RIP XFL
    Fuuuuck =)))) that's shitty luck for sure
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I saw one game. It was kinda boring. Like watching minor leagues
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I actually really liked the XFL. Obviously there was a skill gap from the NFL but theres nothing they can do about that. But the games moved really fast due to the short play clock. 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    They had some interesting ideas with the kickoff and punting rules and the point after plays you could run for up to 3 points. And the transparency with the review officials and the mics on players and coaches was refreshing.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    If they could have had 1/2 way decent QB play it could have been a lot of fun to watch. The QB play was so bad though. 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I think a lot of the problem came from just the fact they were a startup. The game I watched was opening week and the players just didn’t seem together. It was a lot like watching one of those end-of-the-year games like the senior bowl or pro bowl. NFL teams have the benefit of continuity built up over years of team culture. Like even if the Steelers have 5-6 new starters, those guys are still Steelers and know what’s expected of them and there’s a group of experienced players on the roster. If the XFL had managed a few seasons, they might have been able to build team character. It also didn’t help that they oddly went back to the XFL name because people like me that watched the original XFL have the old league’s over the top Wrestlemania vibe still attached. Vince actually had a decent starting point for the idea back then, he just took it too far with dumb shit like having the commentators fighting with the head coaches. The change was comparable to the difference between Batman & Robin and Batman Begins. The new league should’ve been a new brand: Regardless, they prolly would’ve had an audience if the quarantine didn’t torpedo their first season. My brother in law was a fan and there’s a lot of people that thirst for football year round. My opinion was that name recognition would’ve helped them. There’s a lot of players that were stars in college that never made it in the NFL. If they had courted those types more it might’ve helped build interest. I don’t think too highly of Johnny Manziel, but I have to admit that someone like him or Tim Tebow’s inclusion would’ve helped bring interest
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Gronk requested a trade to the Bucs. 

Man Brady and Gronk back together would be something. 

Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    He didn’t just request it lol. Its a done deal. 
    Shit is crazy man.

Brady is going to win the 24-7 Championship from Gronk.

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    I don’t get it. Isn’t he extremely high risk to even PLAY anymore? Hence the fucking early retirement. 😐

I don’t get it. Isn’t he extremely high risk to even PLAY anymore? Hence the fucking early retirement. 😐
    Gronk was Brady’s number one target for years and everyone knew that so Gronk took ALOT of big hits. I think with Gronk coming back out of retirement and Brady having arguably a big upgrade in receivers it’ll give Gronk a chance to get on the field and not always take the big it with a few more players around him to catch the ball. 

That being said Yes Gronk was always injury prone so we’ll see how it goes.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Gronk was straight trash his last year. I don't know why they are bothering with this. You can't convince me he's better than Howard or Brate at this point.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    For real and anybody excited about this is delirious lmao. He’s more of a liability than anything. Combine that wit an old Brady that’s clearly on his last wind and this is NOT the combo that it used to be.
    Yeah but a healthy Gronk that’s had a year off and played with your new qb for 9 years prior.... I’d say it’s worth a shot.
    Howard is one of the worst TE in the league. Arians hates him. 

Its a day 3 pick to make TB happy. 

Bet he fees good and plays well though. But its not like they are mortgaging their future. 
    He also still probably made the biggest play of the game in the SB his last yeR.