Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    Yeah cause latavipus murry or eddie lacy would have solved our problem =)))))))

I think we could be fine with pur running backs. I think its more of a combination of the offensive line never being healthy, and our run scheme. Our playcalling was atrocious this year. 

New coaching combined with our line starters being healthy and i think we will be fine. I would expect us to draft a mid round RB though. 
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    AP would have been a great pick up IMO. Plenty of gas in the tank for the lions. I agree though, healthy line and new coaching and draft day RB could be all your team needs 
    Oh and Tebow has more playoff wins than Stanford :|:))))))))))))))))
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    6IX9INE said:
    I know delusion over there doesn't want to believe but Stafford ain't the answer. He still hasn't shown me anything in his 9 seasons with the team that he's capable of winning a ship. I don't want to hear about it's not him it's the OL or coaches. Rodgers seems to do just fine playing by himself. I constantly see Stafford throw unnecessary picks or hold onto the ball way too long in clutch situations and ends up getting sacked or fumbles the football. Dude had Calvin Johnson and couldn't even make it past one round. He's definitely the best QB Detroit has ever had but that isn't saying much. Gonna end up the Phil Rivers of the Lions. 
     Just give him a damn line that can block and a functional running game. Get some competent players on the defensive line to stop the run and rush the passer. Get a coaching staff who can actually scheme a running game and call plays to the offense's strength. Stafford only turns 30 next year. He's not blameless obviously, but he's far from the problem. If they waste his career it says more about the Lions than Stafford.
    Sounds like a laundry list of excuses. Hell Blake Bortles would be considered elite if he had that

Caldwell most likely done. cooter should be canned if anything

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    6IX9INE said:
    6IX9INE said:
    I know delusion over there doesn't want to believe but Stafford ain't the answer. He still hasn't shown me anything in his 9 seasons with the team that he's capable of winning a ship. I don't want to hear about it's not him it's the OL or coaches. Rodgers seems to do just fine playing by himself. I constantly see Stafford throw unnecessary picks or hold onto the ball way too long in clutch situations and ends up getting sacked or fumbles the football. Dude had Calvin Johnson and couldn't even make it past one round. He's definitely the best QB Detroit has ever had but that isn't saying much. Gonna end up the Phil Rivers of the Lions. 
     Just give him a damn line that can block and a functional running game. Get some competent players on the defensive line to stop the run and rush the passer. Get a coaching staff who can actually scheme a running game and call plays to the offense's strength. Stafford only turns 30 next year. He's not blameless obviously, but he's far from the problem. If they waste his career it says more about the Lions than Stafford.
    Sounds like a laundry list of excuses. Hell Blake Bortles would be considered elite if he had that
    Blake Bortles has everything Stafford doesn't have, what are you talking about? :| Elite defense and a young talented running game. Bortles is the reason they aren't a Super Bowl contender.
    You know what’s funny.... there were plenty of decent RBs out there in FA this year and I didn’t hear one peep that Detroit was at all interested. :| 

i agree withnot having a running game is a problem but who’s to blame when the team isn’t fixing that glaring hole? That isn’t a real question. Answer is obvious 
    A free agent running back would have been a waste of cap space. They made the right choice addressing the offensive line even if it didn't work out this year. If anything they should have drafted a running back but they will in the next draft. Another deep class at that position.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Jags improved faster than the Lions. Who fault is that?

Jags have picked in the top 5 in every draft since 2012, they had to get it right at some point. They finally hit on those picks and had the cap space to get more high end talent on defense. Coincidentally the Lions have quite a bit of cap space this offseason. Hmm.
    From where? They paid Stafford up the wazoo

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

$53 million in cap space for 2018 right now. Who needs to get re-signed? Ziggy and who else? Tate could get an extension I guess. Stafford, Slay, Quin all locked up long-term.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    the last thing jay n rexxx will bitch about before theyre dead is how they were lions fans and that whole time the never won a superbowlz lol.... go steelers!

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

God damn the nfl refs fucking suck 
    Ziggy’s agent today

Green Bay sucks lol

Thanks Cleveland 

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Still the OG 
    6IX9INE said:
    Thanks Cleveland 
    Big day for Detroit! Congrats lion fans!!
    6IX9INE said:
    Pay Slay
    Got extended last year. He's under contract through 2020.