Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    People are freaking out about the patriots and brady way too much. That team was in the afc championship game last year and they are 2-2 sure it hasn't looked pretty but some teams just get off to a slow start. I want them to fail but I wouldnt be hitting the panic button until halfway through the season. I think the bengals should beat them but dont underestimate the patriots they for the last ten years have found a way to win. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah Pats are making the playoffs. If they were in any other division, no. But the AFC East is the worst division in football. They'll be fine.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    What D would you guys rather start this weekend fantasy wise... Houston against Dallas, or Denver against Arizona. All teh pros are saying take Denver, but I think it's a huge mistake and here are my reasons

1. Dallas has Romo, and Houston has JJ. I'd give JJ's odds of a pick-6 like really good.
    2. Arizona is looking really good. I think they are going to beat Denver this weekend.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    I'm torn between colts and Denver. Going colts doe. Denver was the d I picked and I haven't played them yet lol. 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    What D would you guys rather start this weekend fantasy wise... Houston against Dallas, or Denver against Arizona. All teh pros are saying take Denver, but I think it's a huge mistake and here are my reasons

1. Dallas has Romo, and Houston has JJ. I'd give JJ's odds of a pick-6 like really good.
    2. Arizona is looking really good. I think they are going to beat Denver this weekend.
    Dallas D. 

1. That D is playing some inspired football and shutting teams out in the 2nd half. 
    2. Only have to worry about Hopkins and Johnson which I know they can contain and looks like Foster is out for Sunday as well. Fitz might throw some picks or pick 6's. 
    3. They are averaging about 8pts per match up. 

Cardinals D has been on point this year but idk if they can take on the Broncos offense.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod

Dallas D. 

1. That D is playing some inspired football and shutting teams out in the 2nd half. 
    2. Only have to worry about Hopkins and Johnson which I know they can contain and looks like Foster is out for Sunday as well. Fitz might throw some picks or pick 6's. 
    3. They are averaging about 8pts per match up. 

Cardinals D has been on point this year but idk if they can take on the Broncos offense.
    You could have just stopped at "Ryan Fitzpatrick is the opposing QB," and it would be enough to go with Dallas.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
  • WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    Trends that won't continue throughout the whole season:

1. Cardinals being awesome
    2. Tom Brady being terrible
    3. Detroit having a top 10 defense.
    edited October 2014
    Every Thursday Night game so far this year has been a joke. What's the point if the games aren't even watchable?
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'd rather have a game on Thursday nights than not have a game on Thursday nights.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Was just gonna say. Seems the trend for TNF this year is a complete blowout.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Skeeter_P said:
    I'd rather have a game on Thursday nights than not have a game on Thursday nights.
    Nah, 
    Skeeter_P said:
    I'd rather have a game that's not over by halftime. 
    This ALDS game is the only other thing on TV worth watching right now. When the MLB postseason is over, there's not gonna be anything on Thursdays.
    edited October 2014
    Is the NFL serious about charging someone to preform at half time at the Super Bowl? I've been hearing shit about this for a while now but I thought it was a joke.
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    No it's true because after they perform they make millions in sales on the cd's etc.....

edited October 2014
    Speaking of music and sports, how much dick did Fall Out Boy have to suck to get their gay ass songs on all these commercials? No one is pumped for football after hearing "Light em' up up up, I'M ON FIRE"