Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    I am just a bit more harsh with teaching people a lesson than most people
    <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Patrick Willis will be better than Ray Lewis without even killing a fly.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,602 spicy boy
    ray lewis is the best linebacker in the history of the nfl IMO....and he is still the best in the league....did you see how he blew up that hole on third and short against the jets?...he is a beast...not that willis isn't but lewis is better
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Oo and wine even though I hate the 49ers ( youshould know why) I was pulling for them yesterday and trying to force that kick no good with my mind
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    Does Lawrence Taylor ring a bell?
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    ray lewis is the best linebacker in the history of the nfl IMO....and he is still the best in the league....did you see how he blew up that hole on third and short against the jets?...he is a beast...not that willis isn't but lewis is better
    Willis is better, but Lewis was better than Willis is now. I'm not saying he's not a great player to this day, but he has nowhere near teh impact on other teams that Willis does. He is the Revis of lbs.

Best linebacker in history is either Singletary or Taylor.
    LT yes....they are pretty much equal to me..and the rest are a ways down the list....but hey if LT didn't do so much coke when he played he may not have been as good....like i bet if he just smoked weed during games instead he would have been out of the league in 2 years....lol nah he is a great...but ray lewis is on the exact same tier as him
    Willis is better, but Lewis was better than Willis is now. I'm not saying he's not a great player to this day, but he has nowhere near teh impact on other teams that Willis does. He is the Revis of lbs.

Best linebacker in history is either Singletary or Taylor.
    biased opinion is biased
    Nope. I watched football in Lewis' prime, and he was better than Willis, but now Willis is a superior player, and has a superior role than Lewis. You brought up how Lewis "blew up that hole on third and short" on Sunday? Ask NOLA how many times that happened against the Saints. At any given point, Willis is the most likely person on the field to get to the tackle before or after the line of scrimmage. Lewis is slower, and is putting up worse numbers than Willis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrmiGXzNv8I

Here, on what otherwise would have been a first down on the most important turning point defensively for the team, he makes a picture perfect tackle. Also, at the time of the throw, he was in mid field. His speed got him to the outside by the time the ball got there. That's how you play LB. He also has a higher single season tackle rating than Lewis...as a rookie. As of right now, he is better. As of 2003, Lewis was better as he combined experience, youth and ferocity, but now has lost his youth and to some degree, his ferocity.
    how old were you in 2003? just curious
    edited September 2010
    Eleven, but I remember football back a loooong way. I remember watching Steve Young tear shit up every Sunday.
    and either way they are still the 2 best LB's in the league...also...how does he play a superior role than lewis? lewis in the captain of a defense that is regularly one of the top 2-3 d's in the league.....oh also.....his team actually wins games and makes the playoffs...all tho willis is young...lewis is the most important player on a team that wins games cause of there defense
    sorry now that i re read that it kinda sounds like a low blow :/....my bad its all in good fun don't take it personal lol
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    the sheldon brown lighting up bush video is better.
    edited September 2010
    and either way they are still the 2 best LB's in the league...also...how does he play a superior role than lewis? lewis in the captain of a defense that is regularly one of the top 2-3 d's in the league.....oh also.....his team actually wins games and makes the playoffs...all tho willis is young...lewis is the most important player on a team that wins games cause of there defense
    Lewis' role is mainly the leader of the defense, as opposed to putting up monster stats game after game. Willis is not only the leader of the team, he's putting up record stats. I'd be willing to bet that the one player, with possible exception to Polamalu, that offensive coordinators try to avoid its Patrick Willis. All the while being 25. As for winning games, Ray Lewis' Ravens didn't have a winning season till his fourth year in the league. Wait...that sounds familiar...

EDIT: 5th year. Granted, they won the super bowl that year though.
    sorry now that i re read that it kinda sounds like a low blow :/....my bad its all in good fun don't take it personal lol
    I can't believe you had the guts to ask me how old I was in a certain year.
    the sheldon brown lighting up bush video is better.
    The severity of the hit wasn't my motive for posting the video. It's just perfect LB play.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i would take willis long term cause of his age, but lewis is still better this year.
    i only asked you cause you said you watched him in his prime...and i was thinking how did you remember them even winning the SB cause i thought you were only 17
    i only asked you cause you said you watched him in his prime...and i was thinking how did you remember them even winning the SB cause i thought you were only 17
    I remember every Super Bowl since I was six or seven.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    i always have a hard time remember who the previous champions are (spaning 2-5 years)

and not just for football.... but for all sports.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    I'd off myself if I played for the Broncos as well >_>

and Ray Ray is beast Wine. Even at his age right now he is still busting holes and making big plays on defense and hitting harder than anyone in the NFL. Remember that game winning hit against the Chargers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWYOwiU0JYY