Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Election Day 11/2/10

Comments

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    healthcare shouldn't be for profit.

I are confused. Doctors and hospitals and insurance companies should be non-profit? That's gonna signifigantly lower the quality of care. I work for an insurance company and I refuse to work for no profit or to break even. Profit is good.
    that's not exactly what I mean. I just think the costs of healthcare are bit obnoxious.

While i agree that the costs often associated with medical care are a bit outrageous, you have to keep in mind that the providers only charge what the market will bear. when the government determines what those costs should be, then providers will only do what they are being paid for. If you take a 500.00 procedure and cut the amount that will be paid by half, then that provider will only do a half-assed job. I guess my point is you get what you pay for..........
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    health insurance does not equal health care
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    healthcare shouldn't be for profit.

I are confused. Doctors and hospitals and insurance companies should be non-profit? That's gonna signifigantly lower the quality of care. I work for an insurance company and I refuse to work for no profit or to break even. Profit is good.
    that's not exactly what I mean. I just think the costs of healthcare are bit obnoxious.

While i agree that the costs often associated with medical care are a bit outrageous, you have to keep in mind that the providers only charge what the market will bear. when the government determines what those costs should be, then providers will only do what they are being paid for. If you take a 500.00 procedure and cut the amount that will be paid by half, then that provider will only do a half-assed job. I guess my point is you get what you pay for..........

IF THIS IS TRUE THEN I FEEL THAT I HAVE PAID ENOUGH TO BE IMMORTAL
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    DOCTORS NEED TO MAKE WAY LESS MONEY
    Saving people's lives isn't really important, so I agree.
    THIS IS VERY TRUE
    THERE IS WAY TO MUCH LIFE SAVING GOING ON IN THE WORLD TODAY
    I forgot who I was talking to for a second, not I am less willing to state my case.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    you need health insurance to get health care. when free health care is given to the poor, health insurance premiums go up for the middle class
    If the Obamacare plan stands and does not get repealed I will be one of the thousands that get penalized on my tax return for not having Fedzilla's mandated insurance coverage.
    you need health insurance to get health care. when free health care is given to the poor, health insurance premiums go up for the middle class

well, our free health care works in canada. it has its problems first one being, that most of our doctors move down to the states because they make more money down their because its not government paid and regulated. what we do pay for is our dental care (free until you reach 18) and drugs, eye doc, shit like that but lots of companies offer benefit plans to their employee that cover things like drugs, dentist and glasses.... also we have to pay for the ambulance if one is called which is no big deal, i mean if i fall down break my leg and require surgery i pay for my ambulance ride to the hospital and my pain killers (which i would just self medicate with weed).
    "it has its problems first one being, that most of our doctors move down to the states because they make more money down their because its not government paid and regulated."

Exactly what I was talking about.
    It's like if you went to school to be a computer programmer and then find out that the government says you can only make 10k a year but you look just across the border and a person with the same education, doing the same job is making 10 times what you are because there is no government regulation. Which job are you gonna take?
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    I think we need to look at other countries that have had successful universal healthcare and model our system after that.
    I thought that would be common sense and the government would have figured that out by now.
    norway and all those european countries
    imageimage
    yeah thats why your government needs to step up and get rid of these recockulous health INSURANCE policies and move toward a health care like what we have it will lower doctors wages and medical expenses and it will help canada keep our doctors.

we are hurting for doctors so bad here in the north that the government will pay for the schooling (minus books) for you to be a doctor as long as you sign a contract saying you will stay in northern ontario for 5 years after completion
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    I think we need to look at other countries that have had successful universal healthcare and model our system after that.
    I thought that would be common sense and the government would have figured that out by now.
    norway and all those european countries

Norway does have great universal healthcare... but their potential salary is very limited because they get taxed soooo fucking much for the healthcare.

As much materialism that exists in this country.... i dont think it'll ever be possible to get universal healthcare without a proper cultural wat of living.
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    I have been down this road countless times with this health care debate, a portion of that on this board. I will keep it simple this time, get someone who lives in a country with universal health care and ask them what would happen if said country switched to the US's health care system (before congress, not Obama, passed universal health care). The answer I have gotten from countless Europeans has been, there will be France like riots over that.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Well, I'm happy with our choice of governor.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    FFFFUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK

Deval got reelected and our state likes to be taxed. Fuck our state
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ...........DEY TOOK ER JABS!
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    OH!

And also!

Prop 19 didn't pass.

We can now bid farewell to Nancy Pelosi. See ya cunt!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    its only a matter of time b4 weed is legalized....does suck that it didn't pass tho
    it allready fell apart
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    john wtf! everyone i voted for lost lol what is wrong with massachusetts. how in gods name do they keep electing that retard barney frank lol