Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

MARYLAND DEATHFEST 2012

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah, that happened.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah, that happened.
    \m/
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    May 24-27

MDF 2012, the tenth year of the fest!! \m/
    imageimage
    May 24-27

\m/
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    May 24-27

\m/
    I had some friends drive down there this year. Maybe I'll accompany them next year.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    it's the festival to be at in the USA.
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    I'll be there. :bz
    imageimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Nausea makes this year all the more awesome.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I'm going through all the bands I don't and checking 'em out. So far Church of Misery is my favorite. DISS RIFF
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ulcerate is the best band of the first announcement.
    apparently this happened one of the nights
    I was at Sonar last night and saw the incident that's been described above first-hand. The end of the night came - Ghost finished their set. It was close to 2 AM, which in Maryland is time for the bar to close. The staff started telling folks to leave the building. Once everyone was clear, things were fine; people were hanging for the last few minutes of the night, grabbing some grub at the food stand and finishing their drinks before leaving MDF. Then a few drunk guys tried to walk back into the bar. They were immediately pushed back out by the Sonar security. One of these drunk guys decided to punch one of the security guys. (NEVER a good idea, especially when you're 1/3 the size of the guy you're punching.) Baltimore is a no-nonsense sort of town. I'm not saying it couldn't have been handled a little differently, but if you're going to swing on a security guy at a venue, you're going to have to accept the consequences of your actions. The guy who punched the security staffer got punched a few times and thrown to the ground. A crew of his friends saw this and started to go after the security guys. And that's when things got out of hand. It appeared that they were trying to attack the security guys. Eventually, they were all pushed out into the parking lot and were told to leave by security and by Baltimore city cops. The guy who punched the security dude had his injuries tended to by other staff members and was then taken to the on-scene EMS for a cut over his right eye. His friends continued to taunt and fight the security guys. So, Baltimore city police stepped in and maced them. The only guys with mace were cops. They each had an "OFFICER" vest on -- so no Sonar staff had or sprayed mace, that I saw. (And Baltimore city police aren't just going to hand their mace cans over to people who don't also have badges.) The security staff pushed all the rest of us out as well to prevent any more incidents and to get the night over with. The lesson here: don't try to fight venue staff/security. The outcome won't be in your favor.
    I saw the entire thing. I was right next to the door getting free food as the fucking mexican got thrown thru the door.
    Dan told me that you and Dave suddenly ran up to him like "WE NEED TO GO" :))
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    edited July 2011
    It wasn't quite "D00d we gottta gtfo NAO!!" it was more like "dude you missed this.. but ya those big black security guards all walking this way want everyone to go, so lets peace out"
    Then Daniel is a master of hyperbole.....
    He's the master of ketchup.. hence the name Ketchup Boy
    Now it all makes sense.

But yeah, he said he's planning on going with his friends and I can probably go with him. Shit would be cash, brah.
    Whatever works. Chicago gonna be out in full force.
    We should bring Vienna Beefs and throw them at people to represent.
    If we brought vienna beefs, id be eating them to avoid another 4 days of subway only fiasco.