Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

MARYLAND DEATHFEST 2012

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    In case you white children didn't know, Skinless are playing their last show at MDF.
    You mad?
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I wish I could go. :-(

Next year I am not missing this show. probably the most relevant metal festival in the USA.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i should just save up and go to hellfest next year.....
    i should just save up and go to hellfest next year.....
    yeah. you should.
    That would be a lot of money
    I want to go to a European festival but I either have to save for a few years so I can afford it without blowing a lot of money from one year (spread it out over multiple years), or not go to any other shows that year
    the only really expensive part is the plane tix...
    if you planned it early enough, you could probably get it for cheap too. or at least on the low side.
    Food, water, and merch are all expensive as well
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    I sadly can't go this year but I'll be living in Pittsburgh next year so I should be able to make it next year. Unless Rammstein plays Download Festival or something, which I will go to.
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    I sadly can't go this year but I'll be living in Pittsburgh next year so I should be able to make it next year. Unless Rammstein plays Download Festival or something, which I will go to.
    Car-pool? :-bd
    imageimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    In case you white children didn't know, Skinless are playing their last show at MDF.
    You mad?
    More mad about Nuclear Assault, Exhorder, and not being able to meet Lee Fucking Dorrian but aside from those so mad bro.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm just now starting to get excited for this. It'll be weird, but it'll be great.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    I want my From Enslavement To Obliteration booklet signed :(
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    water are u serious lol. i think i can afford water for a couple days lol.
    water are u serious lol. i think i can afford water for a couple days lol.
    Everything in Europe is much more expensive than here. Not saying you can't afford it but it's still expensive
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    apparently this happened one of the nights
    I was at Sonar last night and saw the incident that's been described above first-hand. The end of the night came - Ghost finished their set. It was close to 2 AM, which in Maryland is time for the bar to close. The staff started telling folks to leave the building. Once everyone was clear, things were fine; people were hanging for the last few minutes of the night, grabbing some grub at the food stand and finishing their drinks before leaving MDF. Then a few drunk guys tried to walk back into the bar. They were immediately pushed back out by the Sonar security. One of these drunk guys decided to punch one of the security guys. (NEVER a good idea, especially when you're 1/3 the size of the guy you're punching.) Baltimore is a no-nonsense sort of town. I'm not saying it couldn't have been handled a little differently, but if you're going to swing on a security guy at a venue, you're going to have to accept the consequences of your actions. The guy who punched the security staffer got punched a few times and thrown to the ground. A crew of his friends saw this and started to go after the security guys. And that's when things got out of hand. It appeared that they were trying to attack the security guys. Eventually, they were all pushed out into the parking lot and were told to leave by security and by Baltimore city cops. The guy who punched the security dude had his injuries tended to by other staff members and was then taken to the on-scene EMS for a cut over his right eye. His friends continued to taunt and fight the security guys. So, Baltimore city police stepped in and maced them. The only guys with mace were cops. They each had an "OFFICER" vest on -- so no Sonar staff had or sprayed mace, that I saw. (And Baltimore city police aren't just going to hand their mace cans over to people who don't also have badges.) The security staff pushed all the rest of us out as well to prevent any more incidents and to get the night over with. The lesson here: don't try to fight venue staff/security. The outcome won't be in your favor.
    :-)) @-)

You were at MDF?
    That is clearly a copy and paste, you fucking derp.