Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

last.fm help

Comments

• jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I went back to old version right away. Fuck the new version.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    And the old one still scrobbles/correctly? What was the previous version number?
    I love winning with women
    edited February 2013
    May have solved the issue by doing two things:

1. Logged out of my desktop app on my old laptop
    2. Restarted this laptop.

So far so good, but I'm monitoring pretty heavily.

EDIT: lolnope. Played Black Valor and Necropolis fine. When A Natural Selection started, it erased Necropolis.

Farewell and fuck off, latest Last app.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    And thanks to this thread I'm back to looking at my last.fm regularly.
    image Photobucket
    Downloaded the previous version. So help me god if this fucks up too. Gotta say I'm pretty unimpressed with their technical support and effort to fix this ongoing issue.
    At first I was going to say the new app isn't fucking up for me, then I realized I listened to some shit on my laptop yesterday for the first time in forever and it isn't there.
    image Photobucket
    I like the new interface, but I hate everything else about it.

Six tracks into Deflorate and no skips or rewrites. Finally.
    Well, the new (old) app is working well with scrobbling plays made on the laptop, but it stopped scrobbling from plays on the iPod yesterday. After much deliberation, it looked like the best idea was to consolidate my library.

It starts eating up gigs like none fucking other, skipping ahead a few scenes, I start to freak out and I stop it. Apparently can't undo the 15 gb I lost that it transferred to the iTunes folder where they were consolidated. Horseshit, but whatever, at least I didn't let it do anymore.
    Have you looked at the alternative scrobblers?
    Such as?
    edited February 2013
    Last fm has a link on their site where they allow people to upload 3rdparty apps:

http://build.last.fm/category/Scrobblers

Isproggler is a popular one but it doesnt work for me for some reason.

Foo audioscrobbler is another.

Google brings up some and they have reviews.
    I'm looking into them. I honestly think that the biggest problem is the fact that I'm using Windows 8. I have a feeling that there's a disagreement between the OS and iTunes/Last.fm app, leading to 90% of this shit.
    On the old last fm I had to get this separate patch to make it scribble my ipod, I'll see if I can find it
    image Photobucket
    Yeah, something somewhere is really fucked.

>connect iPod
    >computer recognizes it
    >Ipod syncs fine
    >updates play count
    >yay
    >Last claims I never listened to anything on my iPod
    >can still scrobble perfectly from iTunes
    >wat
    edited February 2013
    Also getting that "COM" error for every single song in my library when I run the diagnostics.

EDIT: Starting to think I should just restore my iPod and hope for the best. If it doesn't work, I'll try downloading one of those third party apps, but after that, I'm pretty much out of guesses.
    lol, complaints are rolling the fuck in with even more issues about the latest installment, mods flew the coupe, and now Last "aren't accepting any emails at this time."

Nice.
    As for the com error, that really means nothing and shouldnt affect scrobbling.

Do you manually manage your ipod?
    No, but I've been hearing that a lot of people do that. I'm all for it as long as it doesn't fuck shit up because things seem to be worded intricately and I don't want to lose all my music. But I guess it's worth just as much of a try at this point.
    Ight, let me throw this out..

I DO manually manage my iPod. I can only scrobble my ipod thru the diagnostic option or else when it auto tries to find played songs, it wont find anything. When I run diagnostics, I change it to manually manage and the result is I get the com error for every song, but thats only because most of the songs on my iPod are NOT in my current ipod library. That's when the error comes up for every song because it's pretty much saying well we found this song in A but couldnt find it in B.. moving on now to the next song. After maybe 30 min it usually finds all my scrobbles.