Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY FLOATS MY BOAT

Comments

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Dude, congrats that's awesome!
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,709 spicy boy
    edited October 2019
    Thanks. Its been a lot of work. I've been averaging like 5 hours of sleep or less a night. But it will be worth it in the end lol
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Dont remember if I mentioned it yet, but I started apprenticing at a big metal focused recording studio in Chicago. I'll start getting paid once I prove I can edit correctly, and eventually the goal is to work my way into a producer position. 
    Sick, dude!

Also, are certain threads not updating with new post notifications for other people, or am I just late to realizing it?
    In regards to what's floating my boat, I'm finally approaching the end of CDL school after 4 months and 500 hours of class/yard practice. Tested out of the 10 speed shifting truck last week and drove it back 45 min through RI rush hour traffic to qualify for one on ones before doing my state test next month.

Collecting prehires from several companies. I was originally planning on going long haul/over the road but I could tell the gf wasn't about that and to be honest I care more about being home on weekends than having an APU/power inverter. Talked this morning with a regional flatbed company that pays a lot better than most first years so I'm pretty hyped about that.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Xeno said:

Also, are certain threads not updating with new post notifications for other people, or am I just late to realizing it?
    Late.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    Xeno said:

Late.
    I thought this place was just dead. Fucking tim. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    mrAPE said:
    MU spends years making fun of a truck driver. Half the members become truck drivers. 

That's just Gary though. Plenty of truck drivers aren't total dumb fucks.

Somewhere.

Probably.

OK I've never met one that wasn't lol.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm not dumb just somewhat unintentionally autistic at times 
    mrAPE said:
    MU spends years making fun of a truck driver. Half the members become truck drivers. 
    I never made fun of Gary for being a truck driver, I made fun of Gary for being Gary. Dude was a dumbfuck.
  • nohohanknohohank Posts: 248 juggalo
    Can confirm. Forgot Gary was a truck driver until this short convo strand. I however didn't forgot how many extra chromosomes that dude has.
    Well I his isn't the marijuana thread but my boat is floating 
    What job did you need to piss test for?
    Non retail meat cutting job. Doesn't pay as well as I expected but it's still an 8-5 business week job that will help put me in a place to control my finances while working towards getting an actual career like you're shooting for. I'm trying to go the trade route, maybe welding...haven't gotten that far but my brother I know people in electrical and pipe fitting that make good money and can hook me up. 

We're both out here moving forward with our lives and trying to think about our future which is great my dude. 
    meant to say brother in law. A couple years later and I feel like Rex when we made fun of him for his error filled posts lmao 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    iv come a long way but im still also the same. 
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    \m/ to being in control of your finances. You know the one thing I’ve decided lately is it doesn’t so much matter how much you make as long as you understand how to budget and set yourself up to live way below your means. That’s one thing I’ve learned since my divorce and it sure is a big stress relief having financial freedom and being smart about it.