Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY FLOATS MY BOAT

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    met dave portner last night and got my feels vinyl signed ^:)^
    I love winning with women
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,670 spicy boy
    Busy as a mf. Getting fun running circles around people. 
  • WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    Wine said:
    Honestly it kinda pisses me off. 

People have every right to be angry about Trump, disagree with him, and even protest. But when it gets so out of hand, and regresses into a violent riot where his and other people's safety is threatened, that is wrong too. He has every right to speak about his policies, especially as a presidental candidate. Typical regressive censorship tactic. 
    Only the government can't violate his right to free speech. If people rally and protest, and they decide to shut down the event, no ones speech rights were violated.  Sure, no one should be threatened, but it's not a first amendment issue.
    I disagree. The people should not be able to censor one another either. 
    I guess all I'd say is that the continued expression of one party made another party not want to express themselves. I'm not sure that's censorship.

Anyway, we "censor" things all the time because we have decided we have decided want them removed from society.  Things like racism, anti-semitism or xenophobia will always be met with reactions like this, and they probably should be. It's just important the government doesn't act that way.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    TRUMP said:
    I just got a copy a week ago 
    image Photobucket
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    Wine said:
    Wine said:
    Honestly it kinda pisses me off. 

People have every right to be angry about Trump, disagree with him, and even protest. But when it gets so out of hand, and regresses into a violent riot where his and other people's safety is threatened, that is wrong too. He has every right to speak about his policies, especially as a presidental candidate. Typical regressive censorship tactic. 
    Only the government can't violate his right to free speech. If people rally and protest, and they decide to shut down the event, no ones speech rights were violated.  Sure, no one should be threatened, but it's not a first amendment issue.
    I disagree. The people should not be able to censor one another either. 
    I guess all I'd say is that the continued expression of one party made another party not want to express themselves. I'm not sure that's censorship.

Anyway, we "censor" things all the time because we have decided we have decided want them removed from society.  Things like racism, anti-semitism or xenophobia will always be met with reactions like this, and they probably should be. It's just important the government doesn't act that way.
    disagreeance, discourse, conversation, and changing minds is not the same as censorship. This was censorship. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    TRUMP said:
    I just got a copy a week ago 

when I left the house I realized I forgot to bring my copy of prospect hummer as well. was bummed. have you listened to that one? they just released it on vinyl this summer for the first time so im 90% sure debut copies are still on shelves. I picked mine up at amoeba in san francisco. super chill ep.
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Glad Chicago protested that very important event thats totally going to be stopped around the rest of the world! \m/ Man, hopefully someone will protest the murder, destruction, vandalism, homicide, murder, gangs or all around general violence of our own city. Now that would be neat-o! 
    I got three different (and increasing in listeners, I might add) notifications from my scanner radio app while at the festival last night about telling me to tune into the chicago pd scanner lol.
    When I go to outdoor shows there, its just ambulances going back and forth. We counted 24 ambulance trips during The Cure's set a few years back lol 
    thats actually really fucking funny when you think about it
    I chalked it up as disturbingly comical. 

• GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Dime said:
    When I go to outdoor shows there, its just ambulances going back and forth. We counted 24 ambulance trips during The Cure's set a few years back lol 
    The cure make me fucking ill too. I'm surprised there went more ambulances 
    Fuck You Frodo
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Bout to see Electric Six \m/
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    Dime said:
    Glad Chicago protested that very important event thats totally going to be stopped around the rest of the world! \m/ Man, hopefully someone will protest the murder, destruction, vandalism, homicide, murder, gangs or all around general violence of our own city. Now that would be neat-o! 
    they were actually stopping emergency vehicles from responding to emergencies by blocking streets and forming human barricades around ambulances
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    That kind of shit pisses me off
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,670 spicy boy
    First two day weekend in like a year. 
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    New kroger marketplace sells pineapple fanta! Haven't had that shit since I was in Chicago. And they sell the Mexican bottles with real sugar 
    image Photobucket
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Pineapple Fanta is a Chicago classic. ^:)^