Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY FLOATS MY BOAT

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Annoying? How 'bout you just deal with it you fucking worthless cunt? It's sad that I can't even say I'm happy about the Python Ban being defeated without a fight. Snakes are my passion.
    GET THE FUCK OVER IT.
    Oh, also. Suck my dick:

While few would describe snakes as cuddly and cute, they are often unjustly viewed as scary, dangerous and troublesome by much of the population. But despite their unbecoming reputation – being the Biblical representation of Satan doesn’t help – snakes are actually one of nature’s greatest allies.

All snakes are carnivorous, with various diets including birds, insects, small mammals, fish, eggs, snails, lizards and other snakes. Their presence, or lack thereof, is an indication of the health of an ecosystem. Carnivores are attracted to areas with a strong population of herbivores. Herbivores thrive in an ecosystem with healthy plant life. If a natural environment is without the presence of carnivores – especially top-of-the-food-chain carnivores like snakes – the biodiversity of that area is most likely anemic.

When something is amiss at the bottom of a food chain – such as the absence of a snake’s diet staple – a surge of environmental problems can result which are not always noticed by simply observing the landscape. Snakes’ behavior provides scientists with information about these problems and indicates what the underlying source for the disturbance may be.

Another benefit to snakes is their eating habits. Their consumption of rodents and insects can serve as a natural form of pest control, eliminating the need for commonly used chemicals and poisons that can harm plant and animal life in an ecosystem. A single black snake can consume dozens of rats in a single year. In Vietnam villages specifically, biologists are reintroducing snakes in order to protect harvested grain from rodents. On top of rodents’ destruction of food sources, they are also responsible for the spread of numerous diseases around the world.
  • LeaLea Posts: 1,549 balls deep
    Today's biology lesson... <_>
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    planning a badass brithday party for me and some buddies.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy

this musta hurt comin out
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I wouldn't have said shit if you didn't say something retarded. Start learning to shut the fuck up yourself or learn to grow a brain and maybe I'll be nice to you. Over the years you've become more ignorant, self centered, racist, sexist...all because one chick fucked you over, and pathetic. Sure, you can love snakes. That's cool. But don't be fucking retarded about it.
    imageimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited December 2010
    Yes they do, you're ignorant to say they don't. Almost every single animal, insect, plant, etc. serves a purpose.
    Not bashing, but tell me. What is their purpose?
    I honestly don't know what it is.

EDIT: What he posted is more about the benefits of carnivores, and snakes happen to be carnivores. Nothing about the snakes themselves. I thought it would be something like the way bees are incredibly important to nature.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Nah I don't have to shut the fuck up about something I love. You need to shut the fuck up and keep your mouth shut, know your fucking place.

And I'm not being retarded. You're fucking ignorant is all. Snakes are extremely important in nature, the food chain, and population control. As are many other carnivores.
    Yes they do, you're ignorant to say they don't. Almost every single animal, insect, plant, etc. serves a purpose.
    Not bashing, but tell me. What is their purpose?
    I honestly don't know what it is.

EDIT: What he posted is more about the benefits of carnivores, and snakes happen to be carnivores. Nothing about the snakes themselves. I thought it would be something like the way bees are incredibly important to nature.
    He obviously just posted why. Which much be the reason, no exceptions. But reading what he pasted...that place seems like it came from a snake loving website
    imageimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    planning a badass brithday party for me and some buddies.
    Nice try!
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Nah I don't have to shut the fuck up about something I love. You need to shut the fuck up and keep your mouth shut, know your fucking place.

And I'm not being retarded. You're fucking ignorant is all. Snakes are extremely important in nature, the food chain, and population control. As are many other carnivores.
    Know my place? Hahahaha. My place is pissing you off because you're an ignorant little kid who needs to learn fucking manners. If I was your mother, I would put you in your place
    imageimage
    wine's festivus thread on the official forums made me lol
    Lol I have manners with people I actually give a fuck about. But even then, I just act like me, and I'm not changing, because:

I DO NOT GIVE A FUCK. :)
    Have fun living with mommy for your whole life and not having a job :)
    imageimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Oh, also. Suck my dick:

While few would describe snakes as cuddly and cute, they are often unjustly viewed as scary, dangerous and troublesome by much of the population. But despite their unbecoming reputation – being the Biblical representation of Satan doesn’t help – snakes are actually one of nature’s greatest allies.

All snakes are carnivorous, with various diets including birds, insects, small mammals, fish, eggs, snails, lizards and other snakes. Their presence, or lack thereof, is an indication of the health of an ecosystem. Carnivores are attracted to areas with a strong population of herbivores. Herbivores thrive in an ecosystem with healthy plant life. If a natural environment is without the presence of carnivores – especially top-of-the-food-chain carnivores like snakes – the biodiversity of that area is most likely anemic.

When something is amiss at the bottom of a food chain – such as the absence of a snake’s diet staple – a surge of environmental problems can result which are not always noticed by simply observing the landscape. Snakes’ behavior provides scientists with information about these problems and indicates what the underlying source for the disturbance may be.

Another benefit to snakes is their eating habits. Their consumption of rodents and insects can serve as a natural form of pest control, eliminating the need for commonly used chemicals and poisons that can harm plant and animal life in an ecosystem. A single black snake can consume dozens of rats in a single year. In Vietnam villages specifically, biologists are reintroducing snakes in order to protect harvested grain from rodents. On top of rodents’ destruction of food sources, they are also responsible for the spread of numerous diseases around the world.
    So what I'm getting from this is........they are useless.

Everything that's super special that they do is also done by other animals. NO WAY THEY EAT RODENTS, guess what, so does pretty much every other fucking carnivore.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    cooler reptile...
    I'd seriously own an Alligator or Caiman if I could. Such beautiful animals. :)
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    cooler reptile...
    lol, qft
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I want a koala. I'd name him Fredrick and we'd go on adventures.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG