Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

LOL FUCK OFF ELITISTS.

Comments

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Could share the same management group too. Ever consider that? The interviewer could have brought them up too. Ever consider that the interviewer asked him and then he spoke about them? I don't have any "investments" with Halford nor do I have a vested interest in any of his business. The man makes metal. Good metal. Has for decades. Hopefully will continue to do so. The fact that you don't find him to be relevant is somewhat troubling to me as a metal fan. Eh, to each his own. You are trying to convince me that you speak for your entire generation. My sons, 23 and 25, both find him to be quite relevant, so there goes that arguement. You don't that's cool. I ain't mad at ya.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Neither of you even fucking read the interview apparently. >_____>

The interviewer PURPOSELY asked his opinion on BMTH.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    how exactly is he relevant? His current music that he makes now sounds EXACTLY the same as it did since he started writing music. The man hasnt evolved at all and is still writing childrens lyrics except now, unlike the 80's, the children dont care anymore. I saw The devil wears prada once which is sadly our generations type music and if ONE single person in there fanbase knew who rob halford was I wouldve shit my pants. I didnt mean to have a halford shit on fest but my main point is I think alot of these older artist, not even metal specifically, try and act cool by saying they like new shitty bands. Now im not saying this has to be the case for this particular situation but it does happen often

when i want a 14 year olds opinion I ask for it mkay

When I want a 14 year old's opinion, shoot me behind the ear because I've obviously lost my mind.
    Nola, I disagree. Why does one of the godfathers of metal have to "evolve"? He helped to create what metal is. Halford is Halford. The fact that he consistently puts out the same quality of metal is in fact one of the things many of us like. I don't have to guess whether or not a Halford album is going to be good or not. I know it is or he wouldn't have his name on it. Even with some of the newer bands I like I often feel like a guinea pig when I go buy their latest and greatest because they feel the need to fuck with the formula that made me like them in the first place. I respect your opinion on the matter though and i think I understand where you're coming from.
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip

When I want a 14 year old's opinion, shoot me behind the ear because I've obviously lost my mind.
    edited October 2010
    well im not saying he necessarily HAS to evolve and I kinda hate it when bands fuck with the formula to much too. I just think that since he hasnt evolved he has become irrelevant to,i would say, to at least 90 percent of kids now that like bands like Bring me the horizon. so I must conclude that he says good stuff about them for either of two reasons: 1 he actually likes them and likes what they are doing in metal or 2 hes saying it to gain attention with younger kids and such. Which i dont think it is necessarily bad to try and get your music out to new people. just dont try and conform to the shit we have now to do so lol
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    i would say he has evolved, listen to a priest record then listen to a halford record and try to tell me they sound the same.....and im guessing halfords interest in pantera in the early 90's was all him just trying to appeal to the younger crowd
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    He's definately evolved from his days in the band tWo
    I have listened to priest and halford and he hasnt evolved lyrically in the slightest. Just like Ozzy hasnt just like motorhead hasnt. They all have there metal formula and dont stray to far away. and I am unfamiliar with halfords attachment with pantera in the early 90's cuz I was 6 years old but If your saying that he is not bullshitting us then he truly believes BMTH is good for metal? to me thats even worse then what i was saying...
  • Heavy_Metal_JesusHeavy_Metal_Jesus Posts: 477 salt miner
    I'm 19, and I think he is very relevant. Have a nice day.
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    im just saying that you saying he is only dropping their name to target their audience is just ridiculous. Rob Halford has always been up on new metal,
    im just saying that you saying he is only dropping their name to target their audience is just ridiculous. Rob Halford has always been up on new metal,
    well if he was "up" on new metal he would realize that BMTH sucks and is horrible for metal and needs to go away, not be promoted
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    edited October 2010
    if Dio (R.I.P.) came back from the grave n said this, it would be different story...
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I remember when Dio said he liked All Shall Perish...
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    guys like halford and ozzy are relevant these days more for their reputation and legacy rather than what they actually do
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    He did? I know that Kirk Hammet does
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    He did? I know that Kirk Hammet does
    Yea. I forgot exactly where I read it. Might have been on Blabbermouth. They asked his opinion on modern Metal, and he said he really liked All Shall Perish.