Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I like most all genres
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    i wouldn't say hardly anything changes...if you play them enough you know that yeah the main features may be the same but the minor details are improved every year...like with madden the way someone catches the ball...or someone is tackled...or the way the ball reacts...gets better every year...FPS are just not all that exciting to me....but from time to time there is a great one i will play a lot
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    killzone 3 and Resistance 3 are the shooters i'm waiting for.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 in 3½ hours... w00t.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    I get that it's not that exciting to you but to make the statement you did and to follow it with " minor details change" is ridiculous to me

But hey to each his own
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I get that it's not that exciting to you but to make the statement you did and to follow it with " minor details change" is ridiculous to me

But hey to each his own
    its just FPS shooters are pushed out month by month....each sport only has 1-2 games come out a year..so i guess its just more special
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    i wouldn't say hardly anything changes...if you play them enough you know that yeah the main features may be the same but the minor details are improved every year...like with madden the way someone catches the ball...or someone is tackled...or the way the ball reacts...gets better every year...FPS are just not all that exciting to me....but from time to time there is a great one i will play a lot

But hey to each his own
    its just FPS shooters are pushed out month by month....each sport only has 1-2 games come out a year..so i guess its just more special

I MUST STRONGLY DISAGREE EVERY FPS I BUY HAS A LOT MORE THEN MINOR DETAILS CHANGED. I HAVE BEEN PLAYING FPS SINCE WOLFENSTEIN 3D AND LET ME TELL YOU THERE HAVE BEEN MASSIVE CHANGES OVER THE YEARS.

ANY WAY AT THE END OF THE DAY THERE IS NO REASON TO REINVENT THE WHEEL. FPS IS ONE OF THE TOP GAME FORMATS THERE IS NO NEED TO MAKE ANY MASSIVE CHANGES I JUST LIKE NEW LEVELS NEW WEAPONS AND NEW MULTIPLE PLAYER GAME TYPES.

SPORTS GAMES ON THE OTHER ARE TERRIBLY BORING TO ME
    IF I WANTED TO PLAY SPORTS I WOULD.....PLAY SPORTS

RANT OVER
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The next game I'm getting will probably be DNF
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    you don't like sports in the first place gulch
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i still play tecmo super bowl on nes as my football game. U guyz can keep ur madden...
    you don't like sports in the first place gulch

THIS IS TRUE

I LIKE THE MOVIE GLADIATOR

DOES THAT COUNT AS SPORTS?
    bad ass movie
    IF SPORTS WERE MORE LIKE THE MOVIE GLADIATOR I WOULD WATCH ALL THE TIME
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer

Sony has finally done it. They've mated a Sony Ericsson cell phone with a PSP, spawning this... the PlayStation Phone. Don't call it the PSP2, please. That's something else entirely.

Engadget has first pics of the PlayStation Phone prototype, hopefully just its ugly duckling stage, with the gadget blog saying it's "headed into the market soon." As noted in previous reports, the PlayStation Phone is rumored to be based on Google's Android 3.0 platform and sport a "custom Sony Marketplace which will allow you to purchase and download games designed for the new platform."

The Sony Ericsson phone is also reported to pack in 1GHz Qualcomm CPU, 512MB of RAM, 1GB of ROM, and a screen "in the range of 3.7 to 4.1 inches."

What it doesn't have is an analog nub like the PSP and PSPgo. Instead, it appears that a touch-sensitive track pad on the slide-out controls will replicate the function of the PSP's analog controls. (UMD and Memory Sticks appear to be eliminated as well.)

That touch pad technology sounds similar to the tech featured in the genuine successor the PSP, which we're told has a touch pad on the back of the device as well as dual analog nubs for control. The PSP2, which Sony has not yet officially announced, is said to be due fall 2011.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    anyone hear of the remake of need for speed hot pursuit?

that was my favorite NFS games of all time...and its being redone :3
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    anyone hear of the remake of need for speed hot pursuit?

that was my favorite NFS games of all time...and its being redone :3
    The Hot Pursuit games have always been the best in the series.
    I was looking up some black ops info and came across that they have sold out all hardened and prestige editions for both systems
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ^They still had them on Amazon.com as of a few days ago.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    Maybe it was just gamesstop and one other site I looked at that sold out their allotment