Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Wii - check.

Mario Kart...no check.

Online capability....no check.
    *Shakes head*

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I thought that the only point in having a wii was to play Mario Kart, with or without online.
    image Photobucket
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    i dont care for the new kicking in madden
    It's not bad, except I can't not kick a touchback. David Buehler has like 97 power and kicks it out the endzone every time. It's stupid.
    image Photobucket
    I like the new kicking *shrugs*.

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    i just thought the old way takes more skillz but its not bad...the stupid pad thing is worse
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I think its dumb that they changed it because people said it was too difficult to use <_>
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm in my 2nd year in my Patriots franchise and I just traded Randy Moss for Dez Byant and a FB from the Cowboys. I had a feeling Moss was going to retire after that year.

Anyone doing the ultimate team thing in Madden you earn points and collect virtual cards and play them on your team? I got a 72 overall team and just destroyed some dude online.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    edited August 2010
    Finally got a full game online over. I'm 1-0. Kicked this dudes ass playing as the Ravens. I was punted on first down 3 times in the 4th quarter.
    I got my team set up the way I want on franchise. Pretty much all young except my linebackers with Bradie James and Keith Brookings. I'm set for WR's with Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Jordan Shipley and Quan Cosby
    image Photobucket
    edited August 2010
    I severely hate when guys play like a bitch. Running a QB like Donovan on 3rd and long making me hot route ends into contain. They're easy to beat, but fuck it gets annoying.
    image Photobucket
    Beat the Steelers in the Superbowl.

Game freezes.
    image Photobucket
    It is next to impossible to get a kick return without getting a penalty.
    I'm skimming defense and playing offense because I really didn't want to play this game over. I've had 3 kick returns called back. I barely ever get them, and now I get a ton of them all called back.
    image Photobucket
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    So last night I was night I decided to play some Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 online from XBLA. I was trying to get the win 10 online games achievement for a total of 12 points so I could fix my achievement score. It took forever to actually find someone else playing UMK3, then I finally did. So I start the game and get my ass handed to me and when the game is over it said I won. I didn't know if it was so kind of glitch or something so I tried it again got matched up with the same guy and and killed me again but yet it said I won again.

I proceeded to play 8 more games with this same person and each time he would win it said I won when it went back to the online menu. What was awesome was the guy new he could beat me easily so he started pulling off these awesome fatalities that ive never seen before. So yeah I got the achievement even though I technically lost all 10 games.

tl;dr
    I played UMK3 and got 12 achievement points.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    That's kickass, can't wait for the new MK.

• TiddyTiddy Posts: 365
    i recenrly brought Motorstorm Pacific Rift. Damn, that's a good, fun game to play.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    i loved that kirby game!!
    imageimage
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Xbox Live Gets a Price Hike

Microsoft has announced that as of November 1, 2010, the price for Xbox Live Gold will go up in Canada, the US, United Kingdom and Mexico. The annual fee will go up by $10 in the United States, with one and three month subscriptions also going up in price.

Starting November 1, a one month subscription in the US will cost $9.99 and a three month subscription will carry a price tag of $24.99. These are increases of $2 and $5 respectively. In the UK, a one month subscription will go up by 1 GBP to 5.99. Canadian and Mexican one month subscriptions will go up by $1 CAD and 100 Pesos each to $9.99 and 599 Pesos. All other subscription packages will have the same prices.

In a posting, Microsoft spokesperson Larry "Major Nelson" Hyrb explained the hike:

"Since launching Xbox LIVE in 2002 we have continually added more content and entertainment experiences for our members, while keeping the price the same. We're confident that when the new pricing takes effect, an Xbox LIVE Gold membership will continue to offer the best value in the industry.

However, we do want to thank our loyal members and give you the opportunity to lock in your current price with an additional discount, so now would be a good time to renew your subscription."

Analyst Jesse Divinich of EEDAR believes this price increase will not have a major effect of Microsoft's momentum or subscription base, saying that, "EEDAR believes the fee increase will do little to impact the positive momentum of the Xbox 360," and that given the service improvements through the year, "it comes as no surprise that Microsoft would eventually increase the price of a Gold subscription by a moderate amount."
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Price Drop For Nintendo DSi and DSi XL

Nintendo today announced both the DSi and DSi XL systems would soon be a bit cheaper.

Starting on Sept. 12, the DSi will be on sale for $149.99, while the DSi Xl will be $169.99. The price of the DS Lite will remain the same at $129.

"We know shoppers want to get the maximum value out of every dollar they spend," said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing.

"Our new Nintendo DSi prices make it easier than ever for consumers to access the tremendous variety of games, applications and social tools on the Nintendo DSi and Nintendo DSi XL systems."

According to independent retail tracker NPD Group, the Nintendo DS has sold 42.3 million units in the United States through the end of July.

The company also announced a release date for Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. The game will launch in North America on Nov. 29.