Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    lol, saw that yesterday.
    poor luigi.

Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    So with the new rumors I gather that the new xbox is just trying to be on the same level as the ps3
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    i almost kinda dont want a new console tbh...
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • JillianJillian Posts: 1,574
    So with the new rumors I gather that the new xbox is just trying to be on the same level as the ps3
    Xbox is better than ps3 IMO.

Photobucket
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    All about the moneh babeh, all about the moneh $-)
    They'd probably never do that, because it would directly result in the decrease in demand for their console, which would even out any increase in demand for the games as a result of the measure. Then you'd just have fewer people buying more games which doesn't earn you anything.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    I agree with Ryan. Pretty sure if we can figure it out, Microsoft can figure it out.
    Photobucket
    You may like it better for certain reasons but facts are facts with the power the playstation has.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    At face value playstation would win, but I like my 360.
    Photobucket
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I enjoy my 360, but I miss my ps3 sometimes
    It's all about what fits you best.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Nintendo is finally gonna get proper online service:

Nintendo has finally confirmed its plans for the Nintendo Network, a formal, branded service for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. Outlining the concept in brief during an investor's program, company president Satoru Iwata confirmed the online infrastructure is already in place for the service. The publisher's plans are as follows:

Personal Accounts for Wii U - Nintendo will now allow personalized accounts for its next home console, which will allow multiple users per system. Online profiles will no longer be system-based. "We will also be able to construct and offer the [personal account system] by combining a variety of different services and content," Iwata said.

Digitally Distributed Packaged Software -Nintendo is exploring the idea of selling full retail games through the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. The company is not willing to say when this program will start, but it now has the full ability to do so. Iwata noted Nintendo would need to consider retailer relationships first. He also noted SD card space limitations would be another factor. "The significance of this business field will increase," said Iwata.

Paid Downloadable Content - As we've heard previously, publishers will now be able to offer paid DLC for different games, starting with Square's Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, which will allow players to purchase new songs for the rhythm-based game. The title releases in Japan on February 16.

"As a software maker, Nintendo believes that its packaged software should be sold to our consumers in a form so that the consumers will know in advance that they can enjoy playing the software they purchased just as it is," Iwata said. "We believe that our consumers will be able to feel more secure if we offer our add-on content as an additional structure in which those who love the game will be able to enjoy it in a deeper way for a prolonged play time."

Iwata wrapped the Nintendo Network segment of his investor presentation with the following statement: "Whether it's our first-party titles or third parties' titles, for a number of games, we will actively attempt to achieve compatibility so that our consumers can enjoy our online services that we will deploy under the name of the Nintendo Network."
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Besides, PS doesn't have Halo.
    Photobucket
    Nintendo is finally gonna get proper online service:

Nintendo has finally confirmed its plans for the Nintendo Network, a formal, branded service for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. Outlining the concept in brief during an investor's program, company president Satoru Iwata confirmed the online infrastructure is already in place for the service. The publisher's plans are as follows:

Personal Accounts for Wii U - Nintendo will now allow personalized accounts for its next home console, which will allow multiple users per system. Online profiles will no longer be system-based. "We will also be able to construct and offer the [personal account system] by combining a variety of different services and content," Iwata said.

Digitally Distributed Packaged Software -Nintendo is exploring the idea of selling full retail games through the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. The company is not willing to say when this program will start, but it now has the full ability to do so. Iwata noted Nintendo would need to consider retailer relationships first. He also noted SD card space limitations would be another factor. "The significance of this business field will increase," said Iwata.

Paid Downloadable Content - As we've heard previously, publishers will now be able to offer paid DLC for different games, starting with Square's Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, which will allow players to purchase new songs for the rhythm-based game. The title releases in Japan on February 16.

"As a software maker, Nintendo believes that its packaged software should be sold to our consumers in a form so that the consumers will know in advance that they can enjoy playing the software they purchased just as it is," Iwata said. "We believe that our consumers will be able to feel more secure if we offer our add-on content as an additional structure in which those who love the game will be able to enjoy it in a deeper way for a prolonged play time."

Iwata wrapped the Nintendo Network segment of his investor presentation with the following statement: "Whether it's our first-party titles or third parties' titles, for a number of games, we will actively attempt to achieve compatibility so that our consumers can enjoy our online services that we will deploy under the name of the Nintendo Network."
    Hmm. May be worth getting.
    Photobucket
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Rocksmith just released over Twitter that they are putting out a patch next week to fix bugs and add Bass Guitar to all available songs.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,285 mod
    Rocksmith needs to release songs a week instead of every two weeks. I end up buying every track anyway.

I only picked up the holiday pack because it was free, I don't play it enough to justify paying 3 dollars a song anyway.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I bought a guitar a few years ago, attempted to play it for maybe 3 months. Rocksmith seems like a good excuse to try to learn again

I'm betting its hard as shit.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    I bought a guitar a few years ago, attempted to play it for maybe 3 months. Rocksmith seems like a good excuse to try to learn again

I'm betting its hard as shit.
    It works at your level of skill, I'm still not good but I am much better than I was before the game.