Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    yeah it was a good waste of about 90 bucks
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    Hell yes Megadeth DLC for Rocksmith 12/13

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    i bought rocksmith, played it for about 10 minutes, remembered i suck at guitar and quit
    practice makes perfect mayne
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    i bought rocksmith, played it for about 10 minutes, remembered i suck at guitar and quit
    practice makes perfect mayne
    Which is what the game is about............................................................................................

THE BUZZ: The Video Game Awards are coming up on December 10th, and we already know that a number of special game reveals (or re-reveals) will be taking place. Will PS3 owners be getting a special extra surprise, however?

Ads for the VGAs are promising “13 Exclusive World Premieres”, covering games such as Metal Gear Solid Rising, Bioshock Infinite, a special tribute to the Legend of Zelda, and more. However, signage that has gone up for the show also promises the reveal of a PS3 exclusive, one that “you won’t believe.”

EGM’s TAKE: What could that be in reference to? Rumors of course have hit over the past week of some sort of game that would be the “Super Smash Bros. of Sony”—could that be the game being referenced here? Or will it be some totally new first- or third-party game we’ve not seen up until now?
    Any guesses as to what the reveal might be? Let us know in the comments below—and also let us know what you’d love to see as a new PS3 exclusive!

I hope it's the Smash Bros type game. The characters Sony has are endless and iconic. I IZ EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!
    THE BUZZ: In case you missed the announcement a few days ago (due to the holidays), there’s good news for owners of the PS3 version of Battlefield 3.

As we’ve reported on before, EA had originally promised that anyone who purchased a copy of Battlefield 3 for PS3 would receive a free digital copy of Battlefield 1943. When the game finally arrived, however, that special offer was no longer anywhere to be found.
    Unsurprisingly, many fans were upset, and a class action lawsuit was even filed against EA—with the claim that the publisher “misled and profited from thousands of their customers by making a promise that they could not, and never intended, to keep”.

Now, however, EA has made the following statement:
    There have been some misunderstandings around Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield 3. To address this we are making Battlefield 1943 available free of charge to owners of Battlefield 3 on the PS3 beginning this month.

In order to get a voucher for your free copy of Battlefield 1943, you’ll need to: own Battlefield 3 for the PS3; have tied the Battlefield 3 Online Pass to your account; and to follow the steps on EA’s Battlefield 1943 Voucher Redemption website (linked to below).
    Vouchers have already started going out for those in Europe; PS3 owners in America will start getting them on December 10th, while those in Asia and Japan will see them arriving beginning on December 17th.

EGM’s TAKE: Though we may never know the full situation behind what happened with the promise of free copies of Battlefield 1943 and why things had to work out this way, what’s important at the end of the day is that PS3-owning Battlefield 3 players will now be getting what was promised to them—and that’s a good thing.

\m/ \:D/
    THE BUZZ: Starting December 1, Sony will be running 12 deals through to Christmas Day, with each being available for 48 hours. The exacts of every day’s deals, however, will not be revealed until the deal is up.

Christmas Deal 1 – 1st to 3rd December
    Christmas Deal 2 – 3rd to 5th December
    Christmas Deal 3 – 5th to 7th December
    Christmas Deal 4 – 7th to 9th December
    Christmas Deal 5 – 9th to 11th December
    Christmas Deal 6 – 11th to 13th December
    Christmas Deal 7 – 13th to 15th December
    Christmas Deal 8 – 15th to 17th December
    Christmas Deal 9 – 17th to 19th December
    Christmas Deal 10 – 19th to 21st December
    Christmas Deal 11 – 21st to 23rd December
    Christmas Deal 12 – 23rd to 25th December

EGM’s TAKE: Some nice deals to sap even more of your hard earned cash this holiday.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    guess it takes a class action lawsuit now to stop EA from fucking its customers
    edited November 2011
    just found out judy is letting me have 1 of the bedrooms in our new apartment as a "man cave". gonna frame my Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption maps as well as i'm going to be ordering this wall scroll

• BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    just found out judy is letting me have 1 of the bedrooms in our new apartment as a "man cave". gonna frame my Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption maps as well as i'm going to be ordering this wall scroll

WANT
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    SKYRIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

IS THE MOTHER FUCKING SHIT, HOLY JEBUS.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip

i concur

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Just entered my online code for Saints Row 3, found out the PS3 version comes with a free download of Saints Row 2. Sweeeet
    image Photobucket
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    lol @ the new Skyrim patch that makes dragons fly backwards
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

• BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer

I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    BURT FUCKING REYNOLDS

Every time I think this game has gone way out of wack, they go even further. I don't know how anybody could even compare Saints Row to Grand Theft Auto. You get as far as "Third person and they have guns" before everything changes.
    image Photobucket
    So like or no like?