Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    edited April 2011
    Finally finished MK story. I loved it :3 and I loved the tease at the end. Everyone should know who that is at the end of it :P
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Finally finished MK story. I loved it :3 and I loved the tease at the end. Everyone should know who that is at the end of it :P
    Facebook message me what happens, I actually want spoilers.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That last boss took me forever to beat. I just had to spam the same 2 moves over and over to finally beat him.

I enjoyed the story mode and played MK on snes... but I have no clue who that was at the end.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
    edited April 2011
    Sony says PSN 'intrusion' compromised personal info; hopes to have 'some services' back 'within a week'

Nearly six days in, and Sony has finally sent out an email to the millions of affected PSN users explaining the prolonged downtime, and elaborating on the security implications of the "external intrusion" of the PlayStation Network. The most important new detail: Sony has determined that there has been "a compromise of personal information" as a result of the attack. The second most important new detail: "We have a clear path to have PlayStation Network and Qriocity systems back online, and expect to restore some services within a week."

So, what did the bad guys manage to steal? Uhh ... just about everything, it seems. Here's what's in the definitely jacked column: "name, address (city, state, zip), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID." Our takeaway: you'd better start changing passwords if you use the same one frequently. We'll leave the decision on whether or not to pack your bags and move away up to you.

In the possibly jacked column: "profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers." That leaves your credit card information, which ... well, we'll let Sony tell you itself: "If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained." Yikes.

Sony provides a bunch of links for consumers to keep an eye on their data. Most important is probably the free credit report services. It also cautions PSN users to change their password when the service is back online. Lastly, while they never directly say as much, we're going to suggest making PSN purchases through other retailers instead of directly on Sony's service. Well, when it works again. But after that, stock up on some PSN points cards from anywhere else.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/26/sony-says-psn-intrusion-compromised-personal-info-hopes-to-ha/
    Post edited by Myoses on
    edited April 2011
    Fucking pisses me off that I now have to cancel my credit card now.

Sony better give us something for all this bullshit.
    You don't have to cancel it.

Hackers can have the 36 cents on my debit card :-))
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Personal information was not the hacker's purpose.

It was to punish Sony.
    You don't have to cancel it.

Hackers can have the 36 cents on my debit card :-))
    I do have to cancel my credit card if I want to avoid the possibility of fraud charges.

If charges happen, then tell the bank and you wont be responsible for it.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    CRAP!

i may have to change all my person info on EVERYTHING now...
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    does Sony have a no refunds policy like MS?

Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    I understand that as I have had 3 different fraud charges on 3 different credit cards before.

I don't mind having to cancel my card. The real pain in the ass is changing my info to everything i used that card for to a new card.

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited April 2011
    looks like sony got what was coming to them. the fact that massive amounts of personal and financial info was stolen is gonna to give sony a black eye for a long time. to come. i have no doubt that the only reason they took that info was to make sony look horrible, i highly doubt they will do anything with it.
    "looks like sony got what was coming to them. the fact that massive amounts of personal and financial info was stolen is gonna to give sony a black eye for a long time. to come. i have no doubt that the only reason they took that info was to make sony look horrible, i highly doubt they will do anything with it. "

I'm not sure if you have a PS3 or not but if you do... are you really willing to take that risk and not cancel your CC because you think hackers won't do anything with it?
    i don't have a ps3 and i'm not saying that you shouldn't cancel them but what i am saying is this entire attack's purpose was to punish sony and give them a metric fuckton of bad press. best way to do that? comprise customers financial info.
    What I don't get is why Sony waited a week to tell their ps3 owners that their information might have been stolen
    i can't answer that but their customers are not their first priority in this matter, that much is clear. they are trying to figure out how to come out of this with as little reputation damage as possible
    This is all why Microsoft Xbox 360 FTW.
    "This is all why Microsoft Xbox 360 FTW."

Very true. I'll rather pay 4 bucks a month just to know my information is secure.