Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Games I buying

Resistance 3
    Mortal kombat
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    edited April 2011
    games im defenitely buying this year are:

MX vs ATV: Alive - 5/10/11
    F.E.A.R. 3 - 5/24/11
    Rage - 9/13/11
    Silent Hill: Downpour - 9/30/11
    Twisted Metal - 10/4/11

Games i might buy:
    Mortal Kombat
    Shadows of the Damned - 6/21/11
    Dead Island - 8/1/11
    Resistance 3 - 9/6/11
    Uncharted 3 - 11/1/11
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (most likely will buy it)
    Son I am disappoint.

Games YOU SHOULD buy:

Twisted Metal
    Mortal Kombat
    Resistance 3
    Uncharted 3(guarantee Game Of The Year winner right here)
    Silent Hill: Downpour
    COD:MW3
    Killzone 3(if you don't have it)

OH! and Battlefield 3(Game Of The Year or runner up)
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Games I will buy:

Battlefield 3
    Mortal Kombat

Those are the only 2 that I will for sure be buying.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    edited April 2011
    holy failpost, batman
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    only game i am sure i'm buying this year is Mass Effect 3 and no other game would come close to its greatness to me.

the only other game i'm really interested in is The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
    Mass effect sucked
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Mass effect sucked
    Nah game was boring
    then you sir, don't have a pulse
    Or I don't enjoy boring games
    Or I don't enjoy boring games
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    speaking of Uncharted 3, i havent played the first 2 and im wondering if i'll need to play the first 2 to full enjoy the 3rd. anyone play the first 2?
    Uncharted is like my favorite series ever... the fisrt two are great, especially then second. Great story, great voice acting, great characters. Highly recomend.

as for needed them to play the third idk... they main plots dont really co-exist, however you may not get some of the jokes, references to the other games, or back-plots

Second ones multiplayer is pretty good too.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    and my PSN is still down... undergoing maintenance... anyone know when it'll be fixed?
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    and my PSN is still down... undergoing maintenance... anyone know when it'll be fixed?
    I'm on my phone so it would be a pain in the ass to post a link but Sony has said PSN is down due to hackers.

Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    I'm on my phone so it would be a pain in the ass to post a link but Sony has said PSN is down due to hackers.

oh... well wtf...

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    speaking of Uncharted 3, i havent played the first 2 and im wondering if i'll need to play the first 2 to full enjoy the 3rd. anyone play the first 2?
    Uncharted is like my favorite series ever... the fisrt two are great, especially then second. Great story, great voice acting, great characters. Highly recomend.

as for needed them to play the third idk... they main plots dont really co-exist, however you may not get some of the jokes, references to the other games, or back-plots

Second ones multiplayer is pretty good too.
    cool, thanks. i'll probably end up buying them eventually when i have some extra cash to burn
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Mortal Kombat Secret Fatalities Montage
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/secret-fatalities-mortal-kombat/713225

some of these are badass.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Ever since Hitman: Blood Money was released in 2006, the popular stealth-action series has lain fallow. There have been rumors of a fifth installment in the series, with one report having Batman: Arkham Asylum maker Rocksteady Studios taking over development of the series from franchise creator IO Interactive. More recently, though, an apparent alternate reality game has been offering teaser images that point to an imminent reveal of a new Hitman title.

Today came another indicator that a new installment in the Hitman saga is in the works. Square Enix has filed a trademark application (spotted by Siliconera) for the term "Hitman: Absolution" with the trademark registry for the European Union. The filing was done through Square Enix's British arm, formerly known as Eidos Interactive before the publisher was bought and absorbed by the Japanese company in 2009.

The Hitman ARG has reportedly been teasing images of the new game.
    The Hitman series follows the murderous exploits of Agent 47, a bald killer genetically engineered to be the perfect assassin. Hitman: Codename 47 (2000) told the tale of how the protagonist found work with the International Contract Agency (ICA) whacking high-profile criminals. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (2002) sees 47 pulled out of retirement after his priest friend is kidnapped by the Sicilian mafia. In Hitman: Contracts (2004), he revisits many missions from the original game, albeit in reverse. Hitman: Blood Money sees 47 bring silent death to locales ranging from mid-Mardi Gras New Orleans to the White House.