Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Actually there are plenty of original series/games that Nintendo has released outside of the Mario and Zelda series (both of which are still going strong btw).
    name 3 developed and published by nintendo
    It doesn't really make a difference whether Nintendo developed and published them as long as the games are on their systems, but ok.

Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, and Advance Wars come to mind. Golden Sun is up there as well. I could go on.
    it really does make a difference who the developer and who the publisher is.

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    The Wii is mostly geared for casual gamers.
    not trolling. i know a bunch of people, mainly my mom and her group of friends, who never played a video game since the NES and Atrai and play the Wii for the bowling and stuff
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    The Wii is a console for people who never really liked video games, plain and simple.
    Ok, now I know you're trolling. <_>
    NINTENDO FAIL ONCE AGAIN
    No.
    [-(
    LAST GOOD THING NINTENDO DID WAS GOLDEN EYE ON THE 64
    Not true......
    Nintendo couldn't make an original game now if the fate of japan rested on it. They take a series and beat it to death, bury it, dig it up and beat it again.
    Every system has series that release too many games. <_>
    WHAT WAS THE LAST BAD ASS GAME TO COME OUT ON ANY NINTENDO SYSTEM ?
    If you're talking FPS, I'd have to say The Conduit.
    NEVER HERD OF IT DOES IT COMPARE TO BLACK OPS OR REACH?
    Not graphically, but other than that, sure.
    I HAVE NOT BE SWAYED TO THE NINTENDO SIDE

BUT HELL IF PEOPLE ARE HAVING FUN WITH IT.....GREAT :-c
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    not trolling. i know a bunch of people, mainly my mom and her group of friends, who never played a video game since the NES and Atrai and play the Wii for the bowling and stuff
    That's great. Doesn't mean the Wii lacks great games.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    It does is your a serious gamer who likes more than child targeted platformers and mini game compilations
    It does is your a serious gamer who likes more than child targeted platformers and mini game compilations
    But not all games on the Wii are those games.

<_>

<_>
    a VAST VAST majority of Wii games are either child targeted garbage or mini game compilations

<_>
    a VAST VAST majority of Wii games are either child targeted garbage or mini game compilations
    But it's not all.

/argument

<_>
    HARD TO DISAGREE WITH THAT^^^^^^^^^^^

<_>
    But it's not all.

/argument
    for every 1 game not like that there's probably at least 20 that are...

what do you think that ratio is on the 360 or PS3?

<_>
    But it's not all.

/argument
    for every 1 game not like that there's probably at least 20 that are...

what do you think that ratio is on the 360 or PS3?
    I'm not saying it's a better system.

It's not absolute shit though.

There are a few of redeeming qualities of the Wii, like classic console games, Gamecube compatibility (games and controllers), and the few good games.
    GEARS OF WAR 3 IS GONNA BE FUCKING AWESOME ;-)
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod

<_>
    HARD TO DISAGREE WITH THAT^^^^^^^^^^^
    Just because the Wii has games that whole families could play doesn't mean it lacks games for the mature gamer. Games like Metroid Prime 3 and The Conduit are great for the people who love the Halos and Call of Dutys.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    teh Wii is basically a secondary system... gamers can play Metroid, Conduit, Mario, Smash Bros, and Zelda if their into the "real" gamer games, and then always go back to their PS3 or 360 for the rest.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    THIS AGAIN
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    THIS AGAIN
    saw preorder just got out for gamestop...
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    teh Wii is basically a secondary system... gamers can play Metroid, Conduit, Mario, Smash Bros, and Zelda if their into the "real" gamer games, and then always go back to their PS3 or 360 for the rest.
    this
    MASS EFFECT 3 IS GONNA BE FUCKING AWESOME ;-)
    THIS AGAIN
    \m/
  • MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
    Star Fox 64 3D barrel rolls out in Japan July 14

{Upload|9015}

It's looking to be a fairly delightful summer for folks waiting on pins and needles for renovated versions of Nintendo 64 classics on the 3DS. Just one day after announcing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time's June 19 release date, Nintendo's uploaded a Japanese launch date for Star Fox 64 3D to the game's official site: The bestial flight combat simulator is scheduled to hit Japanese store shelves July 14.

We've got our fingers crossed that Star Fox's journey to North America will be as speedy as Ocarina of Time's (which is coming out in Japan just three days before releasing in the U.S.). Is that wishful thinking? Perhaps. But hey, if we've gotta wish on something, we may as well wish upon a Star!