Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    And it's not even like they're removing or changing ACTUAL sexual content, which there is plenty of in the series. They're changing a couple dialogue sections where you have to stare at a chick's ass while she tells you about how she was genetically altered to be a femme fatale and how it's absolutely destroyed her psychologically. Shit was goofy as fuck but yet again MC saw something that had enough of his favorite buzzwords to throw his oblivious 10 cents in
    "I know I get to fuck her later on with an in-depth cutscene, but man I really wanted to rub one out while she's crying"
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    edited February 2021
    Xeno said:
    And it's not even like they're removing or changing ACTUAL sexual content, which there is plenty of in the series. They're changing a couple dialogue sections where you have to stare at a chick's ass while she tells you about how she was genetically altered to be a femme fatale and how it's absolutely destroyed her psychologically. Shit was goofy as fuck but yet again MC saw something that had enough of his favorite buzzwords to throw his oblivious 10 cents in
    censorship is censorship. and intent behind the censorship is important

For whatever reason, leftists are ok with full on sex, but aren't ok with fan service. Look at how Sony has been forcing Japanese devs to censor their games on Playstation (which is why Japanese devs are starting to switch to PC, Nintendo, or Xbox exclusives. They don't want to deal with Sony's shit anymore). Yet they allow full on sex in The Last of Us 2 - which people don't seem to care.

Look up the game Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story - where the dev team received death threats because their character had big tits. There's no nudity in that game, just some big tit fanservice. 

Remember when Overwatch censored that Tracer pose, because people got mad about her ass? 

Uncharted censoring out Donut Drake because its "offensive to fat people"?

This isn't an isolated incident. And it absolutely is due to backlash (or to avoid backlash in this case) from leftist puritans. 

Buy the game if you want. But don't be surprised when this shit starts happening more and more. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Give an inch, take a mile
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    Mc mad bout censorship but voted democrat 
    You're engaging in groupthink just as much as the leftists you hate, refusing to acknowledge that there might ever be a genuinely valid reason for changing something because you want your big anime titties
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    "fanservice" lmaooooooo
    I mean democrat or Trump? I sure as Hell didn't want another four years of that shit. 

Xeno said:
    You're engaging in groupthink just as much as the leftists you hate, refusing to acknowledge that there might ever be a genuinely valid reason for changing something because you want your big anime titties
    Valid reason? All they wanted was to avoid controversy. Ironically causing controversy because of it.  
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Big fax

Xeno said:
    Valid reason? All they wanted was to avoid controversy. Ironically causing controversy because of it.  
    The. Original. Scenes. Were. Goofy. As. Fuck.

And that's coming from someone who considers ME2 in their top 5 of all time

You're such a know-it-all about games you haven't played, movies you haven't watched, and books you haven't read lol
    this isn't like when the libs took away muscle mommy

those bastards
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Plus he knows all the motivations of all the other people involved. They don’t even play games. They just want this simple thing.  They are all basic and flat and have one note only. 

Only I am complete. Only my desires are pure. Things are only good if they conform to my individual taste. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Xeno said:
    this isn't like when the libs took away muscle mommy

those bastards
    Yes it is. But believe what you want.

Plus he knows all the motivations of all the other people involved. They don’t even play games. They just want this simple thing.  They are all basic and flat and have one note only. 

Only I am complete. Only my desires are pure. Things are only good if they conform to my individual taste. 
    When people are literally writing articles about how offensive the asses in Mass Effect were, I think its safe to say we know their motivations. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Holy fuck I can’t stop laughing. I never even played Heavy Rain either. Jus skip to 3:00 lmao.

https://youtu.be/vEK5VxDMMjo

When people are literally writing articles about how offensive the asses in Mass Effect were, I think its safe to say we know their motivations. 
    fight the good fight, brother
    Holy fuck I can’t stop laughing. I never even played Heavy Rain either. Jus skip to 3:00 lmao.

https://youtu.be/vEK5VxDMMjo
    old but classic

Some good looking games in today's Nintendo Direct. Disappointed with the new Smash character choice. But solid
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Was overall a miss, but NEW MARIO GOLF LET’S FUCKING GO. 😤😤😤😤

Also excited for Skyward Sword remaster. Never played the original so this is another one that’s brand new to me. Although, a collection containing WW, TP, and SS was rumored, and SS was the one I was least excited for, but I’ll still take it.